ARRAY(0xa8d1fa5c)

Profile for Lazy Kipper > Reviews

Content by Lazy Kipper

Lazy Kipper (Gateshead, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Moleskine Volant Notebook Large Ruled Blue
Moleskine Volant Notebook Large Ruled Blue
Price: 8.04

3.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous - but expensive, 12 Nov 2011
Lovely notebooks, but grossly overpriced. I speak as someone who loves the diaries so I was prepared to be bowled over. But I'm not.

Robin Wood Tarot Deck
Robin Wood Tarot Deck
by Robin Wood
Edition: Cards
Price: 18.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Tarotally superb, 12 Nov 2011
This review is from: Robin Wood Tarot Deck (Cards)
This is my fourth pack (I am a Tarot groupie, adding to my collection as and when) and it is superb - easy to read, symbolically open. Love it!

Pettex Silica Cat Litter Granules 7.6 Litre
Pettex Silica Cat Litter Granules 7.6 Litre
Price: 10.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Paws before buying this, 4 Nov 2011
Cat HATES it. She is a very clean little thing, and I can trust her not to pee in the wardrobes etc, but she obviously detests the feel of it on her tiny paws (not surprised - it feels uncomfortable to me, too). Nor does it particulalry reduce odour. She's an outdoor cat, mainly, but obviously overnight she needs to use it, but neither she nor I am impressed. Plus it goes a very funny colour when it's been weed on - looks very unpleasant,
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 17, 2014 9:45 AM GMT

Gourmet Perle Country Medley in Jelly 12 x 85 g (Pack of 4, Total 48 Pouches)
Gourmet Perle Country Medley in Jelly 12 x 85 g (Pack of 4, Total 48 Pouches)
Price: 16.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Purrrrrrr-fect, 20 May 2011
Bought this because it was as cheap online as my usual cat food, and it saved me hauling heavy stuff home from the shops.

BIG MISTAKE - the greedy little buggers now refuse to scoff anything else except Gourmet Perle - the look of disgust when I offered a bowl of their previous grub (I will mention no names, as there was nothin wrong with the other stuff - they just like this better) was comical! Ollie (half-persian, and therefore with a face that could grump for England, even when she's in a (rare) good mood) just stalked off in a huff. Grace and Sophie had a half-hearted lick but then went in to watch telly. I nipped down to the local supermarket to buy overpriced gourmet perle (I know, I know - I'm weak - I've made a rod for my own back etc etc etc - I've heard it all before).

It looks and smells delicious, and obviously tastes fantastic. They are all in superb condition so nutritionally it must be ace as well. I've ordered more online, but there does tend to be a bit of a delay in delivery - I'll have to allow for that in future and get my orders in regularly,
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 10, 2012 11:47 PM BST

Chanson d'Amour: The Very Best of Manhattan Transfer
Chanson d'Amour: The Very Best of Manhattan Transfer
Price: 5.51

3.0 out of 5 stars chanson d'mediaocre, 20 May 2011
I was disappointed with this. I LOVE MT and reading the other reviews was set for an feast of auditory delights - but many of the songs are just so-so and the good ones I have already on other album.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 7, 2013 4:15 PM BST

Speedo Stop Watch Powerback Swimsuit - Dark Red 40" UK
Speedo Stop Watch Powerback Swimsuit - Dark Red 40" UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Suits me, 1 April 2011
Just received this and tried it on -lovely fit and looks much better than the picture (I had initially chosen it because of the price). Pleased with this item

All-age Worship
All-age Worship
by Lucy Moore
Price: 7.99

2.0 out of 5 stars If you're happy and you know it . . ., 31 Mar 2011
This review is from: All-age Worship (Paperback)
Bought this a while ago and have just got around to using it - very disappointing. At first glance there appears to be a lot of good ideas, but closer inspections reveals very little 'meat on the bones'

Had I checked it out in a bookshop I wouldn't have bothered to buy it. Another one to sit sad and dusty on the shelf, alas.

Biblical Greek (Zondervan Get an A! Study Guides)
Biblical Greek (Zondervan Get an A! Study Guides)
by William D. Mounce
Edition: Pamphlet
Price: 4.50

3.0 out of 5 stars STill all Greek to me . . ., 23 Mar 2011
Not particularly impressed. Loads of stuff squashed into 4 A4 sheets - confused and confusing in the extreme, I found.

Plus, I found the three-hole format a nightmare - doesn't fit standard files in any way shape or form. I'll read the blurb more closely next time . . .
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 12, 2011 10:01 AM BST

Rat [DVD]
Rat [DVD]
Dvd ~ Peter Postlethwaite
Price: 3.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Rate Rat, 15 Jan 2011
This review is from: Rat [DVD] (DVD)
I watched this film years ago, and decided to treat myself to a copy on DVD. It's hilarious, with a very gentle humour that totally makes a man turning into a rat a believable proposition. The bit where he gets filthy and his wife (Imelda Staunton, if I remember rightly) bungs him in the machine on a "wool wash" (because it's gentle) is inspired.

Riddley Walker
Riddley Walker
by Russell Hoban

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 22 Dec 2010
This review is from: Riddley Walker (Paperback)
I;ve read this a number of times and get more out of it each time. It's brilliant, original. poignant, heartbreaking and yet full of hope. The language is initially complex, but you soon get into the way of thinking like the author and can understand it - and it is an interesting example of how language cahnges over time. What a fantastic book. Read it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15