Profile for J. Walker > Reviews

Unbored: The Essential Field Guide to Serious Fun
Unbored: The Essential Field Guide to Serious Fun
by Elizabeth Foy Larsen

5.0 out of 5 stars How to fill a childs 6 weeks summer!, 12 July 2013
This book is excellent if you need to stop the constant.... I'm bored over the summer holidays! They can learn without thinking they are learning!

I am a teacher and I have been using this as a book to help give me some ideas of what to do in the dreaded activities week.. so many ideas! Well worth the money!

DIGIFLEX Flying Helicopter Novelty Alarm Clock Gadget
DIGIFLEX Flying Helicopter Novelty Alarm Clock Gadget
Offered by Digiflex

1.0 out of 5 stars Really cheap... not worth the money!, 12 July 2013
Bad build quality (I know it was cheap). I bought this as a jokey present... think the joke was on me for buying it! Didn't work... Should have tested it before putting it away for a couple of months as a present.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes cutting metal easy!, 17 Feb. 2012
Having used one of these before I ordered this for my Mum who has been completing a silver smithing course. She has never had much strength in her wrists and struggle to cut the metal with a piercing saw. Due to the long handle and the cutting action on the Metal Cutter she has found it easy to cut metal (copper / aluminium / silver etc) with this.

Draper 210 mm Bypass-Pattern Secateurs with Wooden Handles
Draper 210 mm Bypass-Pattern Secateurs with Wooden Handles

4.0 out of 5 stars From a 'non' gardener they make me garden!, 17 Feb. 2012
I hold my hand up! I do not really enjoy gardening! In fact I can't think of anything more boring! What I enjoy is being inside my workshop using power tools / chisels etc... But after constant nagging from the other half I have given in! But to make life easy and to make it feel like I am in the workshop I thought I would treat myself to a new set of secateurs. After much choosing I chose the Draper pair as they were the most like workshop tools! Apart from a rough bit were the rivets go through the handle (quickly fixed wit a file) these are good. I have actually enjoyed using these in the garden! My partner was not as impressed with them as she said that they open too wide for her hands (just means she doesn't use them!)

Build It!: DIY Projects for Farmers, Smallholders and Gardeners
Build It!: DIY Projects for Farmers, Smallholders and Gardeners
by Joe Jacobs

5.0 out of 5 stars Build it.... builds ideas!, 17 Feb. 2012
My brother in law has spent the last two years raving about using pallets to build things! So this was an ideal present to buy him for Christmas! After reading this he wants to used them for EVERYTHING (as they are free)! Building sheds, making a pitched roof on his extension!

Radio Controlled Racing Sailboats
Radio Controlled Racing Sailboats
by Chris Jackson

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps beginners with their confidence, 17 Feb. 2012
I bought this book for my Dad at Christmas as he has just about completed building his own radio controlled yacht. My Dad has no experience of building and sailing any form of radio controlled boats. When he was reading this book he was constantly quoting parts about this and that about how to sail yachts... in my book this means this is a good book!

Hitachi G12SR3/J1 Angle Grinder (115mm, 730 W, 230 V)
Hitachi G12SR3/J1 Angle Grinder (115mm, 730 W, 230 V)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good little Grinder, 17 Feb. 2012
Having just killed my last angle grinder I bought this one based on the weight, size and power. So far it has worked hard and has been totally reliable. Comparing this to my old angle grinder (Makita) it is quite smooth and easy to change the disks.

Tank Treads
Tank Treads

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick and easy!, 17 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Tank Treads (Electronics)
I have spent the last few months building some robots using Arduino to control it. One of my projects was to build a smart controlled tank! These tracks made this simple!

Vacuum Pressing Made Simple
Vacuum Pressing Made Simple
by Darryl Keil

5.0 out of 5 stars Vacuum Pressing made easy!, 17 Feb. 2012
The title for this book should be vacuum pressing made easy! I had been given a vacuum pressing kit to have a go at using and this book made it easy! With clear step by step diagrams and an easy to watch DVD! The DVD by itself would have been worth the money!

Make: Arduino Bots and Gadgets: Six Embedded Projects with Open Source Hardware and Software (Learning by Discovery)
by Tero Karvinen

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great MAKE book!, 17 Feb. 2012
I have worked through a number of projects in this book. It is really clear to understand with great photos. The projects are interesting and well thought out! The biggest pain was having to wait for the parts to arrive that I had ordered!! Overall though it is a great book for people who are trying learn how to use an Arduino!

Page: 1 | 2