Profile for Mark Tredgold > Reviews

Content by Mark Tredgold

Mark Tredgold "Tredders" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Briggs & Riley Hand Luggage Carry-On Expandable Wide-Body Upright, Black, TU220XW
Price: Click here to see our price

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality - worth every penny, 24 Sept. 2015
Excellent bag. Yes, it's quite expensive, but with all the travel I do for work I was getting through cheaper cases at the rate of 1 every 2 years. This one has a no-quibble lifetime guarantee, which is worth the additional cost over a 'normal' case alone, and it'll work out cheaper in the long run.

The case is very well made. I have two other Briggs & Riley cases, and this is up to their usual standard. You can tell that this has actually been designed by a traveller, as it has some clever features - 3 stage handle, so you can find a comfortable height, hidden address tag which won't get pulled off by those careful baggage handling guys, and the mechanism for the handle is external, so the interior of the case is flat and fully useable. Inside, there's a 3-fold section for packing shirts, and a waterproof section for wet clothes, such as trunks.

I just came back from 4 days away, and the case comfortably held my business gear (inc. 3 work shirts and 3 evening shirts), along with gym kit (size 13 running shoes take up a lot of case space!), and it wasn't close to being full. Remember that this is carry-on size, so to be able to pack for a week away, and skip baggage collection on the way home is a big benefit. Also remember that the case is expandable, so just by unzipping an additional section, the bag holds even more.

The only down side to Briggs & Riley luggage is that once you own one piece, all other luggage (with the possible exception of Tumi) seems a bit cheap and nasty! The upside is you end up with great looking, highly functional luggage with a lifetime guarantee.

[Apple MFI Certified] Anker Lightning to USB Cable 3ft / 0.9m High-Lifespan Cable with Compact Connector Head for iPhone 6s / 6splus / 6 / 6 Plus / SE / 5s / 5c / 5, iPad / Air / Air2 / mini / mini2 / mini3, iPad 4th gen, iPod touch 5th gen, and iPod nano 7th gen (White)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars The best replacement lightning cable I've found (and I've tried a few!), 5 May 2015
Typical great Anker quality - I've ordered several iPhone/iPad cables from other manufacturers, which have split within weeks, but these seem far better quality. Lightning cables seem to go missing on a regular basis in our house, so these are my go-to replacements. The normal point of failure on lightning cables (Apple's own cables included) is at the lightning end, where the cable meets the jack, but this is reinforced on the Anker cables, and certainly none of mine appear to have any signs of wear as yet.

Big fan of Anker stuff - I also have their excellent iPad stand, a 6 port charger, 4 port USB hub and external battery, all made by them. Thoroughly recommended.

Griffin Reveal Case for Apple iPhone 6 Plus - Black/Clear
Griffin Reveal Case for Apple iPhone 6 Plus - Black/Clear
Offered by B2B TRADING

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect case for iPhone 6 Plus - adds protection without unnecessary bulk, 5 May 2015
I've purchased a number of Griffin cases to go with my variety of iPhones in the past, so when I got my iPhone 6 Plus, I searched out the latest Griffin case. This one fits perfectly, and importantly doesn't add much bulk to the phone (it's big enough already!). Has a transparent back, so if you went for the blingy golden iPhone, the colour still shines through(!), and a rounded black inbuilt bumper around the edges of the phone to protect the sides. Importantly for me, the bumper is raised a couple of mm over the screen, so if you drop the phone screen down, the edges of the case will take the fall, rather than the screen.

Some reviews have mentioned that the clear back gets scratched easily, but after 3 months, that's not been my experience. Maybe I just look after my stuff better ;-)

Good case, well made, and a good price, too.

Anker PowerPort 6 60W 6-Port Family-Sized Desktop USB Charger with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone, iPad, Samsung S6 / S6 Edge, Nexus, HTC M9, Nokia, Motorola and More ()

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent solution for your charging needs!, 5 May 2015
I needed a solution to the "where do I plug in my iPhone, iPad, Kindle, HD music player all at the same time" issue and noticed this. I've become a big fan of Anker kit over the last few months, and have bought an iPad stand, portable battery, 4 port hub and various cables from them, and all have been excellent. This charger is no exception.

Plugged in next to my bed, I now have more charging ports than I need, and it means that all of my gadgets get plugged in at night and are ready to go every morning. In typical Anker style, the packaging is very Apple-like and minimal, and the charger works perfectly.

Just one tip - it has quite a bright blue light on the front (to indicate that it's on), and this is pretty bright in a dark room. Bear this in mind if you want this for a bedroom. It's no issue - I just covered it with a little strip of black tape, but thought I'd mention it.

Anker Aluminum Multi-Angle Universal Phone and Tablet Stand for iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy, HTC, Nexus and More (Silver)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent iPad stand., 5 May 2015
I was looking for a good quality stand for my iPad Air (for use with the excellent Duet app), and noticed this one. Anker kit is rapidly becoming my preferred brand for Apple accessories - I own a 4 port charger, a USB hub for my iMac, a travel battery for my iPhone, and various cables etc. Without fail, all of these are excellent, and this stand is no exception. It's pretty weighty (which means well made in my book), and the angle at which it opens is adjustable via a button on the side. Importantly for me, it folds flat, which means it's easy to throw into my laptop bag whilst I'm travelling. I should mention that it holds my iPad Air inside a leather case without issue.

In short, very good quality, nice minimal packaging, and does exactly what it says on the tin. Recommended.

Logitech UltraThin Keyboard Cover for iPad White -  UK layout
Logitech UltraThin Keyboard Cover for iPad White - UK layout
Offered by NMLD ENTERPRISE

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect companion to the iPad Air, 12 April 2014
I considered various keyboards for the iPad Air, and eventually settled on this one, despite the fact that it was at the higher end of the cost range. I'm very glad that I did, because it transforms the iPad into a real productivity tool.

Having just downloaded Office for the iPad, I can now use my iPad as a laptop replacement. Word & Powerpoint work perfectly on the iPad, and the keyboard just makes it all much more useable.

The keyboard itself is very well made - keys respond well, and for its small size, it never feels cramped. It also has some iPad-specific function keys (dedicated Home button, volume buttons, music playing buttons). Battery life is excellent - the manual says that it should last 90 days with 2 hours use a day, and I've no reason to doubt that.

As a case, the keyboard protects the front of the iPad when not in use. However, it doesn't cover the back, so I've also ordered a sleeve to keep the iPad & keyboard protected when traveling.

I'd definitely recommend this keyboard for the iPad Air. It's really changed the way I use my iPad.

Expert Shield - THE Screen Protectors for: Apple iPhones *Lifetime Guarantee* (Apple iPhone 5C Crystal Clear Expert Shield)
Offered by Expert Shield

5.0 out of 5 stars Does everything it says on the tin!, 3 Mar. 2014
I've gone through dozens of screen protectors in the past, on various phones I've owned. Without exception, they were terrible; either impossible to fit without air bubbles, or they peeled off after a week, or they just looked awful. Trust me, Expert Shield protectors are different - easy to fit, no air bubbles, and most importantly, totally invisible once in place.

This is the 3rd Expert Shields protector I've bought since recently discovering their products - I bought one for my iPhone 5, one for my Fuji X100s camera, and this latest one for my daughter's new iPhone 5C. Each time, the experience has been the same - fitted in 5 minutes, and a perfect result each time.

For once, you can believe the marketing claims on the Expert Shield website - they are excellent products, and will now be fitted to my devices as standard.

Poisoned Saints
Poisoned Saints

5.0 out of 5 stars Karma: What you do will come back to you..., 3 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Poisoned Saints (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyable book, and the author has the knack of making characters who in real life I'd hate, likeable! Writing style reminded me of John King (Football Factory etc), and it's an easy read.

I've just downloaded the second book in the trilogy, and I'll be keeping an eye on Ben Coulter's future writing.

ALEX (a Psychological Mystery Thriller)
ALEX (a Psychological Mystery Thriller)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb debut - I read it in one sitting, 24 Jan. 2014
I downloaded Alex onto my Kindle after reading a tweet from the author, and couldn't put it down! It's quite a dark book in places, telling the story of Alex, his life, and his spiraling psychological problems.

It's difficult to describe the plot without giving too much away, but it's well worth a read, and I'll certainly be following the author's writing in the future.

Blue Mountain Coffee 100% Jamaica Roasted and Ground (227g bag)
Blue Mountain Coffee 100% Jamaica Roasted and Ground (227g bag)
Offered by Aberdeen Coffee

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous coffee - crazily expensive, but fantastic nevertheless, 26 May 2013
The very best coffee - rich, smooth and beautifully balanced. Very expensive, but worth it if you enjoy seriously good coffee.

Only problem is, once you've tried it, everything else tastes like cheap instant in comparison!

Page: 1 | 2