Profile for vicbar > Reviews

Content by vicbar

vicbar

1800 Colourful Loom Bands & 75 Clips!
1800 Colourful Loom Bands & 75 Clips!
Offered by PVR Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars cheap and cheerful, 8 Jun 2014
Good price for lots of bands, quick delivery not much more you could want from little bands. Kids are constantly making bracelets and working together on them.

Loom Bands Friendship Bracelet Kit - 600 Latex Free Bands + 24 S-Clips (1)
Loom Bands Friendship Bracelet Kit - 600 Latex Free Bands + 24 S-Clips (1)
Offered by The Magic Toy Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars a good pressie, 8 Jun 2014
Kids loved it good value although they both decided it was easier to use fingers instead of the actual loom.

The Dukan Diet
The Dukan Diet
by Dr Pierre Dukan

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!, 22 May 2011
This review is from: The Dukan Diet (Paperback)
I started this diet because my 4th baby was getting to 9 months old, I had just stopped breastfeeding and was a month away from 30. Im 5ft 6" and wanted to lose 1 stone to get be back to 9st 3lb, not a lot to lose but this sometimes makes diets less effective.
Im a fit individual who goes running 3 times a week and cycles to and from work.
Iam now on day 6 of the attack phase and have lost 7.5 lbs even though I havent felt hungry and been drinking 2 litres of water a day.
My skin is glowing and I havent had any bloating or 'tolet issues' some others have mentioned.
Im going to start the protein and veg days tomorrow but am confident I will reach my target by my birthday.
I have a friend who has lost over 2 stone and kept it off for over 6 mths which as she is someone who has tried every diet going is some kind of miracle.

I would recommend buying the recipe book as well (both together are less than just this books RRP)which although hasnt got any pictures is very simple to follow and everything I have made so far has been lovely.

The Dukan Diet Recipe Book
The Dukan Diet Recipe Book
by Pierre Dukan

4.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to the diet., 22 May 2011
Im loving this book which has made it much easier for me to 'get' the diet.
Im on day 6 of the attack phase and have lost 7.5lb's I only wnated to lose 1 stone so Im very happy.
Some others have said just buy this book as the main Dukan book doesnt tell you anymore and although I think you could get by I really tink the main book is a great buy.
Personally I like to understand the theory behind the process and the main book does just that.

I have followed a few of the recipes and they have all been delicious . The only negative I can think of is a few pictures and set out more like a recipe book (i.e Jamie Oliver etc) would make it more appealing but I suspect this is because a lot off the recipes I have followed dont exactly look appealing but did taste great.

Who's in the Bag
Who's in the Bag
Offered by Smart Games Online

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic buy., 22 May 2011
This review is from: Who's in the Bag (Toy)
This is great always bought out when we have friends over. Now we are all at the age with kids we are more likely to get together at each others ouses and after a few bottles of red this is a great boys v's girls (or couples) game.
Id recommend buying the additional cards to increase the longetivity of the game.

Snazaroo Face Paint Ultimate Party Pack
Snazaroo Face Paint Ultimate Party Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Can make any amateur a professional (of sorts), 22 May 2011
I purchased this set for my Husband to do some face painting at our Sons recent 5th Birthday party.
These were great he painted 30 childrens faces and could have done the same again without running out.
Although more expensive then budget sets you can buy in store well worth the money and easily removed with a flannel or babywipe.
My son suffers from sensitive skin and eczema but didnt react to these at all.