Profile for Mr. s M > Reviews

Content by Mr. s M

Mr. s M

Page: 1 | 2
dispach with New Carton Box! Kracie Popin Cookin 9 Item Bundle with Sushi, Hamburger, Bento, Donuts, Cake Shop and More
Offered by Santa Trading JP

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty (ish) fun., 30 Jun. 2015
While these may not be the most delicious of sweet snacks they are creative and fun and well worth a try. You can easily get around the lack of English instructions by looking on YouTube or following the picture guides though without YouTube I have to admit I'd have struggled. I checked and all had a use by date of next year.

Some are quite simple and require rolling and shaping taffy into whatever shape you want before eating. The more complicated ones require mixing powders with water to make a kind of edible dough of varying flavours and textures, two require the use of a microwave to cook. All bar one are sweet, one is a tiny burger and fries which does taste somewhat like a burger...ish...... It's savoury rather than sweet anyway.

I received 10 different kits rather than the nine advertised, all bar one went to a friend to keep her kids occupied......the sushi one...well I kept that for myself :)

SET of 3 Multipurpose 900 Grams Oversized Turkish Bath Shower Beach Gym Yoga Travel Towel Peshtemal Spa Sauna Hammam Wrap Coverup Picnic Beach Blanket 100% Cotton Sarong Fouta Pareo Unisex 180 X 100 cm (39" X 71")
Offered by ORIENTSTORE

5.0 out of 5 stars All that is secondary however to the main reason I love these., 16 Jun. 2015
Very absorbent, quick to dry and available in lots of colours. All that is secondary however to the main reason I love these.....They don't leave a fine layer of fluff in the bath after I'm done drying off.

These were recommended by a friend after she went on holiday to Turkey and they're brilliant.

Assorted Japanese Junk Food Snack "Dagashi" Economical 34 Packs of 27 Types
Assorted Japanese Junk Food Snack "Dagashi" Economical 34 Packs of 27 Types
Offered by Nippon Tomodachi. Japanese Goods, Health and Beauty items

5.0 out of 5 stars A little of everything., 16 Jun. 2015
This item is a mix of sweet (jelly-gummy, chewy and hard candy) and savory (think Wotsits and Chedders type of snack) foods all bundled into one package.

The individual packs are all snack size which is quite small but there's a lot of them, the fun here is being able to try a little of everything rather than filling on any one particular thing.

All in all a fun novelty purchase worth the price. The delivery was much quicker than expected (one week) and the seller left a nice little thank you note inside which was a nice personal touch.

The Big Bang Theory - Season 1-7 [DVD] [2007]
The Big Bang Theory - Season 1-7 [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Johnny Galecki

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Jan. 2015
DVD was in excellent condition, the price was a bargain, would highly recommend.

No Smoking Sign 150x200 Rigid Plastic
No Smoking Sign 150x200 Rigid Plastic
Offered by The Uk Safety Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Jan. 2015
Quick service, quality product. Faultless.

To the Moon (PC DVD)
To the Moon (PC DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a story much more than a game., 30 Dec. 2013
This review is from: To the Moon (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
The story goes, as we're about to die, fake memories can be implanted into our minds allowing us to die happy believing something we deeply want or wish for actually happened. Memories can't simply be cut, copied and pasted however because the patient would be aware of a discontinuity and realise the memory wasn't real. The memories have to be subtlety introduced via a skilled team who enter your real memories and search out where to make the alterations and additions.

This is where the game begins, a old man on his death bed wishes to go to the moon but he can't tell you why. You have to seek out where this desire to go to the moon originates from which takes you on a journey from his recent past back to his childhood.

This is totally a story driven game and shouldn't be purchased for the gaming aspect what so ever. The game is just a platform for telling a rather sweet and emotional story. There's lots or reading and quiet pauses and the occasional puzzle but that's about it so really, don't expect a game.

I gave it a full five stars because I thought the story alone was brilliant, I was dabbing my eyes with a hanky at one point.

If I had one gripe it would be one of the main characters came off as annoying rather than funny and his comments spoilt the moment a little. I guess they were using humour to lighten the mood but in some cases it wasn't necessary.

All in all a fantastic little gem.

Angel Chime Brass Coloured with 4 Candles
Angel Chime Brass Coloured with 4 Candles

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the price., 2 Dec. 2012
I bought the much larger wooden cousin of this last year and enjoyed it so much I thought I'd buy one of these as a novelty more than anything.

For the price I wasn't expecting all that much but it's actually really nice. Yes it's made of thin bits of metal but it has to be of light construction for it to work. A delicate hand is all that's needed to put this together because the pieces do bend easily.

As a previous reviewer stated there are a few simple mistakes that can be made. The fan blades that catch the rising air can be put on facing up or down. The picture has them facing down but that causes them to get in the way of the angels. Having them facing up doesn't alter anything, it still spins clockwise either way so I just did that. Also the little clangers that strike the bells can be connected to the wrong side of the angels, if you do then they won't strike the bells.

All in all a bargain for under £10.

Perspi Guard Antiperspirant Treatment 50ml
Perspi Guard Antiperspirant Treatment 50ml

5.0 out of 5 stars I sweat no more!!!!, 16 Aug. 2012
There are few things more embarrassing than turning up to work with huge wet stains under the arms your nice clean shirt or catching an ever so slight whiff of yourself and wondering if anyone else can notice it too.....even though you showered that morning and had a good scrub down.

I've perspired heavily since my mid teens, I'm not unfit or over weight, I don't have to be doing something strenuous or in a warm environment (I even perspire in the middle of winter when I'm cold), I just perspire all the time and no 24 hour protection antiperspirant is up to the task.

I'd recently started a new job that required a 45 minute walk to get there and I was now desperate because I was having to change my shirt at work due to the state I was arriving in. I was actually looking on the internet for botox injections or surgical solutions when I came upon an advert for Perspi Guard and despite my doubts I thought it was worth a try.

I followed the instructions and sprayed each under arm twice then rubbed the liquid around the under arm area before turning in for the night. I did feel a slight itchy feeling but it was mild and didn't last long.

The following morning I showered as normal and sprayed myself with my usual antiperspirant, dressed and went to work. I was sure it hadn't worked because I still felt sweaty and clammy but as I changed into my work shirt I was amazed to find my under arm bone dry. The same was true through out the day right up until I walked home and I found a small wet patch under my arms.

Never quite believing the 5 day protection claim anyway I was still pleased and applied it again that night and once again arrived at work with a dry under arm, plus I stayed dry after my walk home even though it was 26 degrees outside!!

I applied it again that night with equal results and again the following day. That night however I decided to see how long the result would last so I didn't apply any more. I was still dry 3 days later but that night it seemed to be wearing off so I applied more.

Now a week later I'm pleased beyond words. We've enjoyed some really nice weather this week with temperatures up to 28 degrees and I haven't been let down once. I've even stopped wearing antiperspirant and now wear a deodorant that I chose simply because the smell was nice.

It took a little time but this stuff really does work. I just wish I knew about it sooner because it's made such a difference already. I'm not able to get 5 days protection from it but 3 days is a miracle for me so I'm not complaining.

I'd definitely recommend this, 5 stars isn't enough in my opinion.

Battlefield 3 (PC DVD)
Battlefield 3 (PC DVD)
Offered by Game Trade Online

2.0 out of 5 stars Would be fun if it worked., 10 Jun. 2012
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
I rarely ever buy games upon release, it's inevitable that a game will have "issues" upon release requiring patching and work around solutions. So in my opinion it's unacceptable that a game should be this unstable and unplayable so long after release.

It's been over six months since BF3 was released and yet there's a maddening bug that causes sounds to echo resulting in a drop in FPS and considerable lag. My PC more than meets the requirements stated on the back of the box and I've all the latest drivers installed so any unexpected issues should have been sorted by now. I'm told this is a problem with Dual core processors, if so then why haven't they fixed it.

As for multiplayer, well I've not played a single multiplayer map yet as the game refuses to connect to a server. I've been trying for over a week, searching the net for solutions and workarounds but none seem to help.

None of these problems are new, a Google search shows people have been having these problems since November 2011, it's now June 2012 and there's been no fix from the devs.

I understand PC's aren't like consoles, they aren't all the same and with so many component and software combinations out there there's bound to be issues but instead of fixing them EA seem intent on putting efforts into the Premium releases.

I want to like this game, I remember playing BF 1942 and loving it, the same with BF2. I could love this game, but it just doesn't want to work.

Battleship [DVD] [2012]
Battleship [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Liam Neeson

2.0 out of 5 stars Sub standard at best., 28 May 2012
This review is from: Battleship [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
Earth has been saved by the Air force in Independence Day and the Army gave it a go in Cloverfield so now it's the turn of the Navy to prove America reigns supreme on the seas as well as on land and in the air.

What makes the movie so bad is the constant flag waving and self glorification they lavish on themselves. The whole double amputee rekindling his inner fire and stepping up to fight when the time came was just awful. I'd also love to know exactly what those WWII naval veterans were doing draped over the USS Missouri. That one scene alone destroyed the movie for me. Slow motion scenes shot at knee height of people getting out of cars and looking all cool I can handle but that was just too much.

Add to that the super weak plot which was in no way believable or plausible and the poor acting of just about everyone and there's not much to save this film from the bargain bin.

The first star was given for the special effects which were top notch, seeing big ships with big guns is never a bad thing. The second was for the enemy weapon which resemble the little plastic pegs used in the classic board game which I thought was a cool bit of homage.

Page: 1 | 2