Profile for Jordan Blake > Reviews

Content by Jordan Blake

Jordan Blake "Avid Gamer" (Lincolnshire, England)

Asus - ASUS P5Q SE R - Motherboard - ATX - iP45 - LGA775 Socket - UDMA133, Serial ATA-300 (RAID) - Gigabit Ethernet - High Definition Audio (8-channel)

2.0 out of 5 stars Memory issues., 13 Feb 2010
This motherboard is fairly cheap and has everything you should expect from a motherboard. However, there is not much room for upgrading if you run a good rig. There is only one PCIe 2.0 slot so running two or more good graphics cards is a no. I've also had issues with the memory. There are four memory slots, but only two of them work. Unfortunately the two that work aur re not the same colour. Ordinarily with two memory sticks you would have them both in the same colour slot (usually yellow rather than black). However, only one yellow and one black memory slot work on my motherboard so not only can I have no more than two sticks of memory, but I can't even use them to their full potential. I keep meaning to RMA the motherboard but simply haven't got around to it. Memory problems are apparently common with this motherboard so take that into consideration before your purchase.

Also, if you have a case where the PSU is mounted at the bottom reaching the 6 pin power connector for the motherboard will be a struggle. My cable barely reached, it was quite a stretch. Really messed up my cable management.

Pokémon Fire Red (GBA)
Pokémon Fire Red (GBA)

3.0 out of 5 stars Note: DS owners, 3 Feb 2009
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Unfortunately I haven't had the opportunity to play this game. When I put it in a DS and saved the load would never come back next time I played. Just thought I'd warn potential buyers.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 14, 2009 10:20 AM GMT

The Tales of Beedle the Bard, Collector's Edition (Offered Exclusively by Amazon)
by J. K. Rowling

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant read, 3 Feb 2009
This book was certainly wonderfully written and beautifully presented. When you first open your large container you will be greeted with your leather-bound book dressed in a lovely velvet case, along with your full-page prints carefully tucked away on the other side. When you first open the book Ms. Rowling's own words, scanned from her original papers, will be right inn front of you, telling you of what you're about to read.

The actual book is aesthetically amazing. As you can see in the picture there are metal symbols (one for each story) with two blue gemstones in each piece of metal. The only complaint I have is that one of my gems was chipped, but I'm sure that was just a one-off.

The stories are truly well written, and all of them are followed up by an analysis by Dumbledore. When Ms Rowling writes as Dumbledore she keeps in character 100% of the time. As always, Dumbledore's character is informative, entertaining and fun to read.

The full screen prints are absolutely extraordinary, so much so I have trouble actually believing that they're Rowling's at all (though I'm sure they are). They are amazingly detailed and they all have her signature tucked away somewhere in the picture, ready for fans to hunt down.

If you are a true fan and have the money then I recommend both this and the normal edition. I know of one piece of artwork (the third Peverell brother's tombstone) is not in the Special Edition. There could be more missing, but I cannot be sure. You have nothing to lose, apart from an extra Ł1 or two, by buying both.

Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.