Profile for Chloe > Reviews

Chloe (England, UK)

Sony Walkman NW-A3000 - Digital player - HDD 20 GB - MP3 - display: 2" - black
Sony Walkman NW-A3000 - Digital player - HDD 20 GB - MP3 - display: 2" - black

5.0 out of 5 stars better than an iPod :], 3 Jan. 2007
At first I hated it because I really wanted an iPod, but from what my friends have been saying about their iPods' technical difficulties, it sounds like my Walkman is much better. So far I've had one major problem with it, which was easily fixed by downloading new software. With 20GB, it's got pretty much all the space I need, and it's easy to use. I can create up to five playlists, easily change the settings and use up to four different kinds of shuffle (needs a software update to do so). Also, it looks stunning. The only problem is that it picks up dust and fingerprints really easily, although I use an optical lens wipe on it every week or so and the dirt comes right off. The display isn't backlit, but it's quite bright, and is easier to see in a lower light.

It
It
by Stephen King

5.0 out of 5 stars strange, but fabulous, 23 Dec. 2006
This review is from: It (Paperback)
This was the first adult book I ever read, and it genuinely scared the crap out of me, but it's so well-written. It's the kind of book you can't read in one sitting, emotionally or physically. Nevertheless, I really enjoyed reading it and nothing I've read by King since could beat this.

Boy Meets Boy
Boy Meets Boy
by David Levithan

5.0 out of 5 stars gorgeous, 21 Dec. 2006
This review is from: Boy Meets Boy (Paperback)
This is truly one of my favourite books - very naive and beautiful. It's almost like an excerpt from a diary, or a very long train of thought. Gorgeous.

Try (Cooper, Dennis)
Try (Cooper, Dennis)
by Dennis. Cooper

5.0 out of 5 stars ugly, but amazing, 21 Dec. 2006
This review is from: Try (Cooper, Dennis) (Paperback)
I saw this book hiding underneath the bottom of a shelf in my local book store, picked it up and found myself attracted to the cover. It's the gray version, featuring a bed, television, etc.

As I began to read, it horrified me but I had a strong urge to continue reading. Ziggy reminded me of a friend of mine, loveably confused and obsessive .. I don't think I could read it again, nor would I recommend it to anybody else - it's just a truly horrific, very surreal look at child abuse.

Candy
Candy
by Kevin Brooks

3.0 out of 5 stars not for me :[, 21 Dec. 2006
This review is from: Candy (Paperback)
The style of writing began to annoy me after a while, and the storyline seemed very basic and not very well thought-out. It seemed unbelieveable and became a chore to finish, which was a shame as I rather enjoyed the parts about the main character's band.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 26, 2008 11:00 AM BST