Profile for Rachel > Reviews

Content by Rachel

Rachel "BrunettesRule..35" (Weston-Super-Mud, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Labyrinth Tour: Live At The O2 [Blu-ray] [2010] [Region Free]
The Labyrinth Tour: Live At The O2 [Blu-ray] [2010] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Leona Lewis

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for Leona fans!, 8 Dec 2010
I didn't get to go to see her perform in concert which I was really gutted about! So I was dead chuffed when this DVD was released. I must say that I absolutely love it! I don't understand the person who only gave her a 2 star review! Why would you buy this if you weren't a LL fan???! Anyway.....I think if you like Leona Lewis, then you will love this DVD! That's all there is to say! It's Fantasmagorical!

Mulan [DVD] [2009] (Two-Disc Ultimate Edition)
Mulan [DVD] [2009] (Two-Disc Ultimate Edition)
Dvd ~ Wei Zhao

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 4 Oct 2010
I rented this movie from our local library, not really knowing what to expect. I knew the story from watching the Disney animated movie. Well, I have watched it 3 times now, in as many days. It really is a fantastic film, that will move you to tears. Very well directed, and the cinematography is amazing. I'm not really in to war films as a rule, but this has such a good storyline, it draws you in straight away. I would say it is as good as (if not better) than Gladiator, and other such like films. This is one to have on your shelf, and I'm off to buy my copy right now....

Lark Rise To Candleford - Series 3 [DVD]
Lark Rise To Candleford - Series 3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Julia Sawalha

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the BBC!, 6 April 2010
I just love Lark Rise to Candleford! I have to disagree with two of the reviews made....giving it only three stars, and saying that the third series is not as good as 1 & 2. What can I say....I loved it, and I'm going to miss watching it on Sunday evenings. Hurry up with series 4!!
The BBC can be proud of this......it's just excellent! Love it!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 16, 2010 10:55 AM BST

A Family Christmas
A Family Christmas
by Glenice Crossland

2.0 out of 5 stars Dis-jointed!, 6 April 2010
This review is from: A Family Christmas (Paperback)
I bought this book at Christmas hoping for a good read, but I really couldn't get into it at all! It just felt totally made up to me, with no real substance to any of the characters. After reading four chapters I gave up.....
Not my cup of tea at all! I suppose the problem was that I had just finished reading 'Call the Midwife' by Jennnifer Worth. Now that is a fantastic, and utterly absorbing read!! I thought this book might be the same.....but sadly no!

The Ugly Truth [DVD] [2010]
The Ugly Truth [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Gerard Butler
Offered by best_value_entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful!, 22 Feb 2010
This review is from: The Ugly Truth [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
Was kind of expecting this to be your average romantic comedy, but was totally put off the moment Gerard Butler opened his mouth! Crude, lewd, vulgar..is how I would describe his lingo!! I know that that is how his character is supposed to be....I just think they went over the top with it, to the point that it was offensive. If what he says about men is true....then heaven help us all!! It could have been a nice little film, but I'm afraid it was just too base for me! Not recommended!!

Britax Vigour 3 Three-Wheeled Pushchair (Anthracite Black)
Britax Vigour 3 Three-Wheeled Pushchair (Anthracite Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pushchair!, 18 Nov 2009
After having four children, and having been through every type of pushchair you can imagine, I really knew what I was looking for, the fourth time around! I road tested alot of pushchairs, considering the price as well, and this seemed to tick all of the boxes. This pushchair has to be my favourite of the lot! When it arrived in the box, it was simple to assemble. I bought the car seat with the pushchair, and it just clips on and off with ease, as does the main pushchair unit, which also can face either forwards or towards you. The handlebar is comfy, and height adjustable. The basket holds quite a bit; my 13 month old enjoys climbing into it at the minute, and loves to just sit there!! It has puncture proof tyres. The rear tyres are quick release, which you will need, if you have a small boot. This pushchair is so easy to put up and down, and is really lightweight..(not like the normal three wheelers you get!). I really cannot recommend this pushchair enough. It looks stylish, sits the baby fairly high up, is lightweight, and can carry your shopping (or whatever!), and is really smooth to push, and so I imagine it must be nice for the baby to! She seems to love going in it at any rate! I have no hesitation in recommending this pushchair! As I used to say when I was a teen.."It's lush!!" Go buy it....you won't be dissapointed!

Pink Pom Pom Buggysnuggle
Pink Pom Pom Buggysnuggle

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish cosy toes!, 11 Nov 2009
This is a great looking cosy toes! It fits nicely onto the pushchair, although the back keeps sliding down everytime you put the baby in the pushchair. Still; it is but a small inconvenience, as once they are in, they are snug as a bug. Haven't seen anybody else either with this; and the colour is gorgeous! I recommend this, although I did think the material could have been a little thicker; especially with this cold weather we are getting now! Overall though, it's lovely, and am happy with my purchase!

Farewell To The East End: The Last Days of the East End Midwives (Call The Midwife)
by Jennifer Worth

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this Book!, 11 Nov 2009
I have just finished reading this today, and I have loved reading it! I don't understand the person who gave just one star rating! This book, like the others was vastly interesting, amusing, sad, and 'eye-opening' in parts. A super read!! If you haven't read the 'Call the Midwife', then start there first. I really can't recommend these books enough!

Beat Again
Beat Again
Offered by Direct Entertainment UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre!, 28 Oct 2009
This review is from: Beat Again (Audio CD)
They sing like girls, and the lyrics to 'Beat again' are just dire! Even their new single 'Everybody in love' is so cheesy!! They think they are like Boyz to Men......but they are not even close!!I expect there are lots of little girlies about that just love them cause they fancy them...so I say just enjoy them while they last, cause they won't be around in a couple of years - if that!!
There's a group called Ahmir....look them up on YouTube......now they are good!

Emma [DVD]
Emma [DVD]
Dvd ~ Romola Garai

4.0 out of 5 stars Good effort!, 28 Oct 2009
This review is from: Emma [DVD] (DVD)
Overall this adaptation is very good. Romola Garai who plays Emma, is a little too old for the character I felt, but obviously tries to act younger by being giddyish, and excitable ...not something I felt was very convincing at times. However, as I got used to her, I started to enjoy it a bit more. I also thought that the actor who played Mr Knightley (Johnny Miller) was too young as well!! Still, what I did like about this was that because they had 4 hours of film, it meant that they were able to indulge us more on the other characters. Like I said before; overall, this is worth watching and I will probably be buying this....or hint to my husband to get it me for Christmas!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3