Profile for A. Gaskell > Reviews

1 Light Semi Flush Light
Offered by Winfield Interiors Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Brings light to your life!, 20 Nov. 2012
This review is from: 1 Light Semi Flush Light
I was pleased with it apart from one thing - the two screws holding the fitting to the backplate let down the sleek mature of the design. Also you might as I did find the 40w lamp too bright - I have replaced with 25w.

One thing to watch - the lamp is a G9. Theses are due to be phased out as I discovered after I went to buy the 25w size.

Overall it is very good looking and well finished.

From The Roots Up
From The Roots Up

4.0 out of 5 stars What a pleasant surprise, 26 Sept. 2012
This review is from: From The Roots Up (Audio CD)
I must say that I was apprehensive, but then, if you don't try you never know.......... I did not like the first track particularly, but soon Delilah was to my liking, until the last track which was a let down.

I would liken her style to Paloma Faith who is a great artist. Overall the quality of sound is well balanced and I am very pleased with my purchase.

Victor Designer Churn Kitchen Weights (Metric) with Cast Iron Stand, Brass
Victor Designer Churn Kitchen Weights (Metric) with Cast Iron Stand, Brass
Offered by Colanders

4.0 out of 5 stars Brass Churn Weights, 26 July 2012
My only reservation was that the box they came in had no reference to the Designer. The suppliers confirmed to me that Robert Welch was the designer and I understand that this information is now being included with the packaging. A great little set, but could be better if a 1kg weight was included.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 18, 2014 4:59 PM BST

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Saltpipe reservations, 19 Jun. 2012
I still have reservations about its effectiveness. I used it whilst going through an asthma period and it was difficult to discern any improvement. I still had to use my inhaler occasionally.
I like it because it is well made, rather better than the plastic versions, and I cannot say for certian that it has not helped at all.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 22, 2012 10:33 PM GMT

Sony NWZA865B.CEW Series 16GB Walkman - Black
Sony NWZA865B.CEW Series 16GB Walkman - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sony technology, 14 Feb. 2012
I searched long and hard to find a replacement for my long owned and trusty Creative Zen Sleek which finally gave up only through the on off button becoming erratic and difficult to use, fearing that whatever I bought I would be disappointed. This player is fantastic (well almost!). Really easy to upload music to it, and the quality of sound is wonderful, but through my Sennheisers though (I don't get on with in-ear buds) and the radio is excellent although as with all portables like this you need to be in a reasonable area to get perfect reception. I bought this for the radio facility. Why don't Apple include radio in more than just one tiny model!

The shortcomings so far.Firstly it has no RDS and there is no way of adding station names. Secondly the screen is very sensitive so if you do not lock the player(small button on the side), by handling it and just touching the screen it can adjust radio channel easily. The sensitivity has its plus points though as it is so quick to search for albums.

Very simple pleasing to look at and hold design which is a definite plus.

Overall I still give it 5 stars

Deleted Scenes from the Cutting Room Floor-Platinum Edition
Deleted Scenes from the Cutting Room Floor-Platinum Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 14 Feb. 2012
I heard "Stuck" nad was so entranced I could not wait to get her CD. I was far from disappointed. Every song has superb rhythm and great lyrics.Although it is all Caro, each piece has its own character.

Genuine BlackBerry Torch 9800 USB to MicroUSB Sync & Charge Data Cable
Genuine BlackBerry Torch 9800 USB to MicroUSB Sync & Charge Data Cable
Offered by FLASHSUPERSTORE

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a cable!, 17 Oct. 2011
There is not much one can say about a USB cable, except it does what it should do! Sent quickly.

Rescue
Rescue
by Anita Shreve

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read but a little disappointed, 26 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Rescue (Paperback)
I have read every Anita Shreve book. What originally drew me to her writing was the way in which she could make New England such a spell-binding place. Also Anita's characters were not only easy to imagine but they fitted into their environment.

This book was a good read, and told a good but inevitable story; very typical, maybe unfair but I would imagine (not that I read the!), more Mills and Boon without the sex! Disappointingly it did not have the depth of her other novels, and certainly very little to give a good picture of the setting of the novel.

Having said that I read it through over a long weekend!

C.K. G7915 Interlock Hose Connector 5/8In
C.K. G7915 Interlock Hose Connector 5/8In
Offered by Tool and Fix

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the trick, 16 Jun. 2011
Difficult to buy this in between size. Simple product but does what is needed. A bit pricey but if it hard to find, that's why! No leaks.

Brabantia Lift-O-Matic Advance Rotary Dryer with 50mm Plastic Ground Tube and Cover, 60m, 4 arms, Metallic Grey
Offered by TheBigShip

4.0 out of 5 stars I thought it would be better....., 12 May 2011
I purchased this top of the range rotary drier because it seemed well specified and the reviews were good. I concreted it into my side yard as recommended but here I came across the first design issue. The socket has a built in flange as part of the plastic moulding. This means that it is very difficult to make good the concrete beneth the flange. A seperate flange would make it easier to install.

Next I fitted the drier to the socket. I was amazed to discover that it is not a snug fit. There is about 12-15mm sideways play at the top of the tube. This means that the drier wobbles like cheaper versions, and more importantly the tube rotates with the arms which could well cause the plastic socket to be worn in use making the wobble more pronounced. As the socket is concreted in it will be very difficult to replace (under warranty?). I have overcome the problem by fitting a large rubber O ring around the tube which results in the tube becoming rigid when it is drawn in to the socket, and the arms now rotate without the tube. No doubt I will have to replace the O ring when it perishes but at least the drier is now rigid and feels like a solid product.

Next issue - The specification says that "Line Re-tensioners allow the lines to be re tautened". Not so. Each level of line is joined with a metal crimp. It is impossible to retension. The only method is to slide the arm support further up the tube which tensions all the lines together. When the lines come to be replaced maybe this feature might be possible but it will depend on how the lines are supplied with fixing clips.

Apart from these issues it is excellent! By the way, I immediately emailed to Brabantia with the points that I raised here. I had an acknowledgement and a promise to reply in detail but so far I have heard nothing. Not impressed.

City Link were Amazon's courier. They were an very unsatisfactory service, and I have drawn Amazon's attention to it. The package took ages so I chased up, speaking to my local branch who said it was not there, they had not received it. Then to Head Office who said that it had never been received by them in spite of the tracker saying it had. Amazon had to order another one, and within 6 hours of speaking to Amazon the first was delivered, by the very branch that said they did not have it. The new drier could not be stopped so it duly arrived when we were out, and card left to which we called the branch and said they should return it to Amazon (as Amazon advised us to do). Did they? No they delivered it and again found us out so left it outside the front of the house. Anyone could have taken it, and there was no proof of delivery by our signature. Amazon take note; they need sorting out as I see from numerous complaints of the company on your own site.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5