Profile for William > Reviews

Content by William

William

The Ultimate 5:2 Diet Recipe Book: Easy, Calorie Counted Fast Day Meals You'll Love
by Kate Harrison
Price: 4.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes 5:2ing so much easier, 26 May 2013
I've been following the 5:2 diet for several months now with great success, and for me, the hardest thing has been finding sufficiently varied (and tasty) things to eat on fast days that are within the calorie limit. Kate's book solves this in an entertaining and easy-to-read (and easy to follow) way. Recommended, particularly if, like me, you like tasty food. And I never thought I'd say this, but now I actually look forward to fast day meals.

This Is Where I Leave You
This Is Where I Leave You
by Jonathan Tropper
Price: 8.18

5.0 out of 5 stars If there's a better writer in this genre, I don't know who that is., 9 Feb 2013
A modern-day, American Nick Hornby, by which I mean he fills the gap Hornby used to write in with his first few novels. Brilliantly observed, wonderfully written, and funny. Highly recommended.

The Ex-Boyfriend's Handbook
The Ex-Boyfriend's Handbook
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book!, 9 Feb 2013
Really funny. Have read all of Matt Dunn's books, and this one's the best. Had me laughing out loud in several places. Loved it.

The 5:2 Diet Book:  Feast for 5 Days a Week and Fast for 2 to Lose Weight, Boost Your Brain and Transform Your Health
The 5:2 Diet Book: Feast for 5 Days a Week and Fast for 2 to Lose Weight, Boost Your Brain and Transform Your Health

5.0 out of 5 stars Well-written, informative, and easy to follow, 9 Dec 2012
Having also seen the Horizon programme (and being a reasonably fit, sporty male, although no spring chicken!) I was as interested in the long-term health benefits as the potential weight loss/control this diet offered, and keen to find out more about what was behind it. I was therefore delighted to find Kate Harrison's book - It's written in an extremely readable, easy-to-understand style, the science is explained in a non-baffling way, and it's full of motivational tips and examples (as well as ideas for low-calorie menus/dishes that you don't need to be Jamie Oliver to prepare - just as well for most men, I'd suggest!). Kate outlines her journey (and impressive weight loss) throughout the book, as well as her own personal reasons for wanting to take control of her health, and these made for inspirational reading - and something to remember on fast days when the hunger pangs kick in! It's early days yet, but yes, I am losing weight in what feels like a controlled way, and the fact that at the same time - as the research shows - I'm improving my health and guarding against some potentially nasty diseases in the future is a real bonus.