Profile for Sally Louise > Reviews

Content by Sally Louise

Sally Louise

WUNDERBROW - Perfect Eyebrows in 2 Mins - Blonde
WUNDERBROW - Perfect Eyebrows in 2 Mins - Blonde

5.0 out of 5 stars I would look in the mirror and feel disappointed that they were becoming thinner and more patchy, 28 Mar. 2016
For me, this product is (almost!!) a revelation. For years, I have struggled with eyebrow loss with no understanding of why, despite not having plucked my brows in over 20 years. Every day, I would look in the mirror and feel disappointed that they were becoming thinner and more patchy. I have tried brow serums and all sorts of pencils, but nothing seemed to make much difference. I was abit hesitant to spend so much money on Wunderbrow, especially not knowing exactly what shade to go for, so in the end I took the risk, went with the good reviews and ordered the blonde.
It has taken me a few days to get used to this so far. The brush IS too big, it could do with being half the size at least, and perhaps slightly angled. So do apply carefully, you hardly need any of the gel to make a difference. I put the smallest amount on the brush and applied it down the brow line, and then brushed through with the wand to distribute more evenly. This needs to be done straight away, before it starts to dry. To be honest, this doesn't work so well on areas that have no hair whatsoever - eg at the start or end of the brow. But it does really help to fill out the main brow area, and make gaps much less noticeable. For me it has made the best of what little brow I have. It is also quite dark (even the blonde), and although I have light/highlighted hair I could almost do with a shade fractionally lighter. It may just be because I'm not used to seeing stronger brows again! Anyway, it looks better than pencilling in, and lasts much longer. I don't feel it lasts for days, I have been reapplying each day, but it only take a few minutes and the results are good. It has given me alot more confidence in just a couple of days, and I will definitely continue to use it. Thanks!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 13, 2016 2:54 PM BST

RapidBrow Eye Brow Enhancing Serum
RapidBrow Eye Brow Enhancing Serum

5.0 out of 5 stars This does really work, 22 Jun. 2013
Before I tried this product I was really fed up with the state of my eyebrows. I hadn't plucked them for years, yet they were thinning to the point where I was feeling quite depressed about it. I was constantly having to fill them in with eyebrow pencil and they started to look really unnatural and uneven. I had tried other eyebrow serums that had made no difference whatsoever, so I was initially dubious about spending more money on another product that promised changes. I've now been using the RapidBrow for about 6 weeks, and there is a definite difference. I have had to start plucking my eyebrows again, mainly below the brow, but the sight of new hairs most days is wonderful. The new hair growth is fine at the moment, but overall my eyebrows are darker, slightly fuller and not quite so patchy as before. The changes are not hugely obvious, but enough for me to want to continue, and definitely better than before I started using it. I have been using the serum twice a day, at first it was abit itchy on my skin but now I don't notice it at all. I would recommend this to anyone who's not expecting massive changes but a definite improvement in the appearance of their eyebrows, it has really helped me feel better about mine.

Obsessive Compulsive Cycling Disorder
Obsessive Compulsive Cycling Disorder

5.0 out of 5 stars An obsessive, compulsive read!, 9 Mar. 2012
With no knowledge of cycling other than the odd bike ride down country lanes, my initial thought was that this book was not going to be something to get stuck into. How wrong I was.

Dave Barter captures the readers attention from the first few pages, and writes from both heart and soul. His sense of humour shines through - even when the going gets tough - as does his heartfelt determination and self deprecation when tackling the most trickiest of rides and challenges. It's a wonderful book that captures his ups and downs and even makes you feel like you are riding alongside him at times.

I wish him every success with this and future publications - and would recommend it without doubt to all cyclists and non-cyclists looking for a different read.