Profile for Bedlam Boy > Reviews

Content by Bedlam Boy

Bedlam Boy "Andy" (East Midlands)

WmicroUK Flexible Adjustable Tablet Desk Mount Stand Holder Apple iPad 1 2 3 4 Mini and other 7"-10" tablet Samsung GALAXY Note Kindle Fire Samsung GALAXY Tab 3 HTC Flyer / EVO View 4G, ASUS Eee Pad Transormer, Acer Iconia etc.
Offered by Oxford Street

Earthling
Earthling

5.0 out of 5 stars A hidden gem, 20 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Earthling (Audio CD)
I have held off buying this for many years because of the mixed reviews and finally took the plunge to fill a gap in my collection. Imagine my surprise when having listened to the first two tracks I realized that I had purchased an absolute gem. Now what I know about jungle could be written on the back of a stamp so I cant really comment on the genre. I can only say that the album sounds as though it strays into Chemical Brothers territory in places which is fine by me. I think the basic comment about this is that the songs are all strong however the treatment is very different to any other Bowie album and I guess that's why some people don't rate it. My advice is play it loud it sounds fantastic.

Object 47
Object 47
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars A good move, 31 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Object 47 (Audio CD)
This is like a cross between Send and 154, lacking the angryness of Send and the wetter bits of 154. They must be knocking on a bit now but they sound fresh and dynamic. I think i will play it a lot.

Manscape
Manscape

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrified of Leicester, 31 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Manscape (Audio CD)
I put this in the CD player, pressed play and actually stopped and took it out to make sure I hadn't put in a disc by a dreadful 80's synth pop band. Sadly it was Wire!! Now I love the first three Wire albums and the latest two and everything in between has until now been a mystery to me. I wish it had remained that way. I mean what were they thinking? This is the worst kind of rubbish and completely lacks their sound, humour, quirkyness and tunefulness. Whatever happens do not buy, this is only good for an interesting coaster unless I can offload it on somebody else on e.bay.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 7, 2011 10:34 PM BST

Dub Side Of The Moon
Dub Side Of The Moon

5.0 out of 5 stars A tribute worthy of the original, 10 May 2007
This review is from: Dub Side Of The Moon (Audio CD)
It is very easy to get a bit precious about Dark Side of the Moon and I think the guy who gave 1 star possibly falls into this category. I mean the original was a megga selling classic landmark in album recording. However times change and the world moves on and somebody dares to cover an album which I would have thought was uncoverable ........... and they make a damn good job of it. The All-stars have recorded an album that has a great dub sound and is positive, upbeat and even funny but is still in many ways true to the original. Make no mistake, this is not a Dread Zeppelinesque commedy album its great dub reggae. It does however have a humourous side to it, the standout track is Time and I defy anybody not to smile as the intro finishes and the song starts.

This is music for the summer - buy it and play it in the car when the sun shines.

American III: Solitary Man
American III: Solitary Man
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars The best album I've heard in years, 9 May 2007
I have bought American 2, 3 and 4 so far and this is my favourite. The selection of songs is second to none and Cash rises to the occasion to give a powerful set of performances despite his ailing health. What I love about this album is the passion, humour and defiance of a man nearing the end but determined to go out fighting.

I have bought a lot of albums over the years and I have a reasonably eclectic taste in music and for me this CD stands out because there is no hype, nothing to prove and no showing off, its just an honest portrait of a man late in his career warts and all.