Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Rugby Challenge 3 (Xbox One)
Rugby Challenge 3 (Xbox One)

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally a good rugby game!!!, 19 May 2016
I am a huge Rugby fan, and I along with many other fellow Rugby fans, have wanted a good Rugby video game; for a while now. Every year Football games come out, and they are levels above the Rugby games standards. Last year I thought I might finally have my Rugby game, that I wanted, after buying Rugby 15, but that game was just pathetic. As was the Rugby world cup 2015 game. But I can gladly say although this game isn't perfect, it is miles ahead of Rugby 15. The gameplay is fun, their is a career mode, (similar to manager mode in FIFA), their is an unlicenced world cup and six nations, the aviva premiership, super Rugby and an unlicenced Rugby championship. The ratings though are very questionable. The squads are also a year out of date. But this problem along with the unlicenced teams problem, is solved with fanhub. This is a community database, where people upload their teams and players. So you can get the latest teams. Anyway, I am so glad that their is finally a good Rugby game available on the next gen. Get in!!!!

Crisis On Infinite Earths TP
Crisis On Infinite Earths TP
by Marv Wolfman

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant action packed extravaganza., 17 Jan. 2016
Crisis On Infite Earths starts off slow in the first two issues. But from then on this book is a brilliant read. There is loads of action, funny dialogue as well as plenty of twists and turns. Their is a huge cast, from right across the brilliant DC universe, even the villians are involved, helping the heroes fight the Anti-Monitor! Although some of the characters or teams may be hard to understand, (as certain teams or characters, are not relevant in the current DC universe are involved occasionally). The book is still fun to read, the main plot point is the Anti-Monitor destroying the universe. But, their is lots of little plots in this book as well, which keeps it constantly interesting. This graphic novel was so unpredictable, in fact I have to say it was the most unpredictable graphic novel, that I have ever read. Ovbiously apart from a couple things which happen in the book, which everybody knows about. For me the unpredictably made the book even more exciting, to read. Overall a great fun read, which showcases the very best off the DC universe.

Batman: Arkham Origins TP
Batman: Arkham Origins TP
by Adam Beechen

3.0 out of 5 stars Ambitious experiment, but experiment failed., 25 Dec. 2015
I bought this book, as the plot sounded fantastic. I did understand that you would be in Batmans shoes. By that I mean, that you make the decisions. These decisions you make, do impact the story itself. Which is pretty cool really. There is some good writing and action scenes; in this graphic novel.

But for me having to skip 20 pages, or going back after you made the wrong decision, slowed the story down. Don't get me wrong, after chosing the wrong option, a couple of times, it does add some suspense; to the story, choosing the options. This book, although it looks fairly big, is actually quite a small story, when you choose the right options. Which for me was really disappointing, as I read the book in about 30 minutes. And I would have thought before reading this graphic novel, that it would last at least a couple of hours.

Overall, I would have to praise the ambition of the writers, for this idea. But for me, I would rather read a story from beginning to end, rather than constantly switching 10 pages, or going back 15 pages for the story to make sense.

Suicide Squad Volume 2: Basilisk Rising TP (The New 52)
Suicide Squad Volume 2: Basilisk Rising TP (The New 52)
by Adam Glass

4.0 out of 5 stars The Suicide Squad still continues to impress., 21 Dec. 2015
I loved volume 1 of The Suicide Squad. So I was hoping that volume 2 would continue to impress. I am glad to say that volume 2 was brilliant. Once again, there was loads of action, a great plot, humour and lots of twists and turns. Which is exactly what you want; in a Suicide Squad comic. The New 52 has produced some good titles, and some bad ones. But Suicide Squad is right up there; with the best new 52 titles. Adam Glass has done a fantastic job, on this title. I cannot wait for volume 3.

Keep Angry and Smash A Puny God Men's Purple T-Shirt

Red Hood and the Outlaws Volume 1:  REDemption TP
Red Hood and the Outlaws Volume 1: REDemption TP
by Scott Lobdell

2.0 out of 5 stars Wrong Plot For The Character., 7 Dec. 2015
Red Hood always interested me as a character. He was not like the other Robins. He was cocky, angry and cold, which really appealed to me. And he is also a very grounded character. As is the former Green Arrow sidekick and another awesome character "Arsenal".

So I was absolutely stunned when, I saw the book adopt a mystical, magical approach. I was expecting a grounded, gritty, funny book, but instead felt like I was reading a boring magic book. The story arc and origin for the Red Hood, doesn't suit the character at all. Red Hood is supposed to be a more extreme version of Batman and Nightwing, who fights criminals. But instead you have a book, which makes him seem boring and not interesting.

The story line has completely thrown me off buying any of the rest of this run.

Suicide Squad TP Vol 01 Kicked In The Teeth
Suicide Squad TP Vol 01 Kicked In The Teeth
by Adam Glass

5.0 out of 5 stars Suicide Squad lives up to its name., 1 Nov. 2015
What a great read! I have always thought the Suicide Squad was a great concept from DC. Villians working for the goverment, performing almost suicidal missions, and in return they have some time on their jail sentences shaved off. And this book demonstrated; what a great concept it truly is. This book has loads and loads of action. Their is plenty of smart well written dialogue. The book also has a good amount of comedy in it, as well as having twists and turns at every corner. The characters, all have their chance to shine too. This comic was such a good read, I am definitely buying volume 2.

House of M - Ultimate Edition
House of M - Ultimate Edition
by Brian Michael Bendis

4.0 out of 5 stars Starts well, recovers from slow middle and then finishes strongly., 28 Oct. 2015
The last 4 issues completely changed my review; of House of M. The book started with a bang, with the Avengers, Doctor Strange and X-men holding a crisis meeting. Then in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th issues it was a slow read. To be honest it made the ending that much better, so I guess it was necessary. In the second half of the book from issue 5, the book really takes off. I am not going to ruin the storyline, for anyone who has not read it yet. But I felt the book was entertaining, gripping and emotional. The book also shows how interesting and cool Magneto is. I thought the story was a good solid idea too. A criticism I would have is that, in the fight scenes, you don't see any contact, it just shows prior to the contact, which felt a bit flat. But anyway despite my small criticism, House of M was a really good graphic novel and I would recommend this to any Marvel fans.

Green Arrow Volume 4: The Kill Machine TP (The New 52) (Green Arrow (DC Comics Paperback))
by Jeff Lemire

4.0 out of 5 stars Good solid story., 22 Oct. 2015
I am a big Green arrow fan, I am also a new 52 fan. So naturally you think I would buy Green Arrow volume 1. But I Didn't, because after reading a couple of issues and hearing terrible reviews, Green Arrows new 52 run, was known to be one of DC's biggest failures; of the new 52. I was told however that volume 4, was basically a new volume 1, with a new writer and story. And I have to say volume 4 was a good solid read. The art may be questionable and occasionally confusing. But the story is good, their is a ton of action. And their is good dialogue between Green Arrow and his allies. Admittedly I was a little bit put off that Oliver Queen is about 21 in this book. As we usually know him as a man in his 30s or 40s. But still, a good book I would recommend this to fellow Green Arrow fans.

Captain America: Winter Soldier Dossier Edition: (Marvel Captain America)
Captain America: Winter Soldier Dossier Edition: (Marvel Captain America)
by Ed Brubaker

5.0 out of 5 stars This book made me a cap fan!, 21 Oct. 2015
I love comic books and superheroes. My favourite heros are Batman,Thor,Green Lantern,Flash,Wolverine and Aquaman. I have never really been a Captain America fan to be honest. I used to think The Cap was a boring two dimensional character. But after reading this brilliant book, Cap is now one of my top 5 favourite superheroes. The comic book is that good.
I bought this comic after seeing it frequently mentioned as a must buy for any Marvel fan, and boy am I glad I bought it. The book lives up to all its hype, the plot is fantastic and interesting. There is action from the beginning to the end. The dialogue is really good, it has a spy conspiracy plot, which I think is when Cap is at his most interesting, (winter soldier film). There is always something happening in every single issue! Some comics have a problem of one or two of the issues, dropping off in pace, this graphic novel; does not have that problem. I love how the book is set in the present but it shows lots of flashbacks; of the past. Importantly for me, Cap was actually interesting in this comic. He seemed like a no nonsense bad ass, he was depressed and was facing bad memories; from the war. Overall I loved this paperback!!! I would recommend this to any comic book fan. A great read for any Captain America fan. And If you don't like Cap, you will after reading this! I will now look for more of Ed Brubaker's work.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6