Profile for Hausfrau > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Cilla In The 60's
Cilla In The 60's

5.0 out of 5 stars Cilla Black has always been a favourite of mine, 20 Oct 2014
This review is from: Cilla In The 60's (Audio CD)
Cilla Black has always been a favourite of mine, she has an amazing voice. This CD provides a good selection of her best known songs and it has been a pleasure to listen to them again. I was always surprised that Love Of The Loved did not make the Top 10 when it was first released, but I guess You're My World and subsequent big hits helped to make up for that. This CD is a Must for any Cilla fan.

Noah [DVD]
Noah [DVD]
Dvd ~ Russell Crowe

3.0 out of 5 stars Noah (DVD), 26 Sep 2014
This review is from: Noah [DVD] (DVD)
This is a 12 classification movie, and suitable for all the family. The script gives it a touch of Fantasy rather than attempting to explain or debunk the myth of Noah, but not unwatchable for all that. The special effects of The Watchers was quite good. Apart from knowing that Russell Crowe was the main star, I didnt know who else was in this movie. In the early scenes, sometimes Russell Crowe reminded me of Ray Winstone. Later on in the movie, Ray Winstone showed up. Would also comment that I had excellent service from the seller.

Calypso
Calypso

5.0 out of 5 stars Calypso John Denver, 9 Sep 2014
This review is from: Calypso (Audio CD)
a very pleasant CD, and nice to hear the music. I bought this CD because I remembered particularly liking the track called Calypso, and I like to play a CD while doing the housework. John Denver is always worth listening to. The seller dispatched the item promptly.

The Best Of
The Best Of

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best of Kenny Rogers & The First Edition, 9 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Best Of (Audio CD)
a very pleasant CD, and nice to hear the music. I bought this CD because I remembered particularly liking two of the tracks Ruby Dont Take Your Love To Town, and Reuben James, and I like to play a CD while doing the housework. The seller dispatched the item promptly.

Katherine
Katherine
by Anya Seton

5.0 out of 5 stars Katherine, 1 Sep 2014
This review is from: Katherine (Paperback)
I havent finished reading this book yet but so far it has been an excellent novel, Anya Seton's writing really gives the reader a "mind picture" of how life was in those days, when girls were usually married off for money land and power. Am looking forward to finishing the book.

The Sunshine of Your Smile
The Sunshine of Your Smile

5.0 out of 5 stars I remember Mike Berry from years ago and always liked this recording of Sunshine of Your Smile, 23 July 2014
I remember Mike Berry from years ago and always liked this recording of Sunshine of Your Smile, so was very pleased to find I could order it on CD, previously it was only available on vinyl but the majority of people these days only play CDs. The song apparently goes back to the early 20thC music hall days, and here I am listening to it nearly 100 years later, so this song clearly has an appeal that transcends decades.

Phantom of the Opera
Phantom of the Opera
VHS

3.0 out of 5 stars Phantom of the Opera region 0 Burt Lancaster/teri Polo/charles Dance, 13 July 2014
This review is from: Phantom of the Opera (VHS Tape)
this doesnt follow the "spirit" of the original Gaston le Roux novel but what filmed version does. Overall it was easy viewing and the actors did their best with the script.

Phantom Of The Opera~region 0 Burt Lancaster/teri Polo/charles Dance.
Phantom Of The Opera~region 0 Burt Lancaster/teri Polo/charles Dance.
Offered by UK F1rst Class DVD

3.0 out of 5 stars Overall it was easy viewing and the actors did their best with the ..., 13 July 2014

Kathleen Ferrier Vol 8: 'Blow the Wind Southerly' British Songs
Kathleen Ferrier Vol 8: 'Blow the Wind Southerly' British Songs
Offered by Mattpuss

5.0 out of 5 stars Kathleen Ferrier Vol 8: Boow The Wind Southerly British Songs, 1 July 2014
for anyone who remembers when music meant a good voice, singing a good song, this album is a must. Kathleen Ferrier had the most amazing contralto voice, she was so good she could sing without musical accompaniment. I fondly recall listening to her singing Blow The Wind Southerly in the 1950s. It was so sad she died so young of cancer.

The Pathfinders in Space Trilogy - [ITV] - [Network] - [DVD]
The Pathfinders in Space Trilogy - [ITV] - [Network] - [DVD]
Dvd ~ Gerald Flood

4.0 out of 5 stars The Pathfinders in Space Trilogy - [ITV] - [Network] - [DVD], 16 Jun 2014
I dont think that today's children would consider this their first choice of viewing, but I remembered these series from the early 1960s with some fondness, so thought I would take a trip down Memory Lane. I havent finished watching the third DVD (Venus) at the time of writing but had no trouble with the other two DVDs (Moon and Mars). The only criticism I would make is that there are no sub titles and sometimes the actors voices are not as clear as they could be, in spite of the fact I use wireless headphones for viewing. It's been interesting to recap, and when I have finished with these DVDs they will be passed to a young family member as a good example of what we used to watch. Pathfinders was supposed to be the inspiration for Doctor Who - we had the young people asking questions and the older people answering these questions with scientific facts of the day (although some of these facts have subsequently been discounted or enhanced as new knowledge came along). In the early Doctor Who stories we always had the Companion asking a question, with the Doctor replying in scientific terms dumbed down for general understanding. I do wonder, if Doctor Who hadnt happened, would Pathfinders have continued? Certainly after the advent of the Doctor, there was no competition. Yes an interesting trip down Memory Lane.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20