Profile for N. Hill > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Leatherman Brewzer Pocket Tool
Leatherman Brewzer Pocket Tool

2.0 out of 5 stars Poorly made & finished, 9 May 2016
Poorly made & finished. I have several Leatherman products & this one is so poor that I have returned it. a series of nicks on the box opening prise end & unfinished gnarled metal parts around the key ring hole. Came correctly packed & sealed, so appears genuine.

Manfrotto 80cm Padded Tripod Bag
Manfrotto 80cm Padded Tripod Bag

5.0 out of 5 stars Made well & fits the product!, 27 Jan. 2016
Good well-made bag. The zip is a bit of a fiddle around the top, but the bag feels secure & is easy to carry with the shoulder strap. If I was picky (which I am) it might have been nice to have a grab handle on the side opposite the shoulder strap. Instead there is a grab handle on the bottom. No idea why. There is good padding throughout the bag the interior feels tough & well padded. There is extra strong protection at the top to protect the fitted tripod head. I can confirm that this 80cm padded version fits the 055 3-section with XPro ball head perfectly. The head does not have to be twisted to fit, which is convenient.

Sasco 2016 Year Mounted Planner Kit
Sasco 2016 Year Mounted Planner Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Well packed, 21 Nov. 2015
Arrived quickly & very well packed indeed. No damage at all. I have used this product for many years & have the Sasco mounting kit fitted to my wall. Takes about half a minute to change each year.

Radius Toothbrushes Natural Anti-Bacterial Vegan Cranberry Floss with Natural Candelilla Wax, Round, 50 Meters (1 Unit)
Offered by OTCFORYOU

5.0 out of 5 stars Safe & natural, 21 Nov. 2015
Safe natural product that works well. The main brands contain all sorts of nasty stuff, the Radius product hasn't got a single ingredient that concerns me. Work well, lasts a long time, easy to use, can't really taste the Cranberry though.

Lastolite LL LR3631 75cm Trigrip Reflector - Silver/White
Lastolite LL LR3631 75cm Trigrip Reflector - Silver/White

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 21 Nov. 2015
Excellent product, works well & nicely made. The folding takes a "knack", but it easily folds up small into it's own bag. I would buy other products from this range.

I-Caps With Lutein and Zeaxanthin Dietary Supplement for Healthy Eyes 90 Capsules (Factory Sealed Pack 3 x 30) New One-A-Day Formula
Offered by GAbusiness

4.0 out of 5 stars Support for dry AMD., 22 Sept. 2015
I have dry AMD & was advised by a specialist at the hospital to take iCaps. I ordered a pack immediately & have been taking them daily ever since. Without doing proper clinical trials, I can't say if they are helping or not, but I was advised by a specialist to take them, so that's good enough for me. They are basically a vitamin pill with specific vitamins suitable for eye health. I always use "MyEyes" as my supplier, they are quick, reliable & the product is sealed & inside the expiry date.

Delkin Sensor Scope Image Sensor Inspection Device for Digital SLR
Delkin Sensor Scope Image Sensor Inspection Device for Digital SLR

1.0 out of 5 stars LED lights not working., 8 Sept. 2015
Item arrived well packed. Comes with a nice case but with a pointless strap. Are we supposed to carry this around outside? I bought this aiming for a premium product as I don't want to go cheap when it comes to sensors. The top glass was marked or smudged slightly. Turned on & the LED lights don't work. I have returned for replacement. From reading other reviews it seems that the LEDs are an issue.

Update: Dropped to one star. Replacement unit arrived today with exactly the same issue. LEDs don't work. Seems pointless trying to replace the batteries as the issue could be with the switch or circuit. Top lens smudged as was the last one.

Eyelead SCK-1 Sensor Cleaning Kit for Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Olympus Camera
Eyelead SCK-1 Sensor Cleaning Kit for Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Olympus Camera

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading image, 5 Sept. 2015
The image shown is of an orange Gel stick which is for Sony cameras only! All other brands should use the blue Gel stick which does not seem to be listed here.

Update: I bought my Eyelead stick direct from Photography Life. It was the only way I could be sure of getting the real thing. Beware that the Internet is full of fakes of this product.

Manfrotto MB MP-BP-20BB Professional 20 Camera Backpack
Manfrotto MB MP-BP-20BB Professional 20 Camera Backpack

4.0 out of 5 stars Very well suited for DX/APS-C cameras only - not full frame., 5 Aug. 2015
Much nicer quality than it appears in the photos. The outer material feels nice, but the zip pulls are awkward shaped. Also the zip does not pull as easily as a Kata bag. The red padding is excellent & general internal protection is very good. The small grey dividers are just about acceptable, but the central red ones again are very good indeed. External pockets are a little small & not really big enough to take the rain cover which must therefore use up a lens slot.

The big problem for me is that it would not fit my camera. I have a Nikon D810 full frame (FX) DSLR with no grip. I doubt that any full frame camera would fit this bag. The issue is that the top cover of the bag slopes down towards the top. I see no point for it to do this, but in doing so it impacts the hotshoe of the DSLR. I could just about squash in my camera, but I don't like doing that long term so have returned the bag. The bag otherwise fitted my lenses very nicely. I did not try on the bag for comfort.

On the basis of my testing, this bag would be very good indeed for a non-gripped DX/APS-C DSLR camera, but not for full frame.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Keyword Fraud, 1 May 2015
Very sneaky keyword spamming on this item. Infers that it is a Manfrotto Befree.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7