Profile for vicrattlehead_md45 > Reviews

"vicrattlehead_md45"

Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 7.51

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST BAND SINCE MEGADETH!!!!!!, 3 Feb 2003
This review is from: Back Into Your System (Audio CD)
I first heard of saliva when i was playing a game called MX 2002 and two saliva songs called 'click click boom' and 'superstar'. At the time i did not know who the band was of anything about them. But i loved the songs so much that i turned off all of the background music except for the two. I then looked at the back of the 'Fast and the Furious' DVD case and saw that the 'click click boom' music video was on the special features by a band called Saliva. I bought the DVD partly because of the music video and i also found out that in the bit where toretto and spilmer are in the Supra and they race the cocky guy in the black Ferarri, that 'superstar' plays also by saliva. I then went out to buy one of their albums only to find that there was only one album there, it was their first album and had none of the songs that i knew, so i left it. WWE was on with the event called 'survivor series' which featured a live performance from Saliva playing a song called 'Always' It was awesome and i knew that i needed to get one of their albums. I later got a WWE album named WWE anthology, a Saliva song was also on it called 'king of my world' for Chris Jericho, it was also amazing. I then was in the CD shop the next day and saw a saliva album called 'every six seconds' which featured 'superstar' and 'click click boom' this album was amazing with every song as good as the two i loved. I then heard news of a new Saliva album called 'Back into your System' I went onto the Saliva website and saw the track listing amd 'Always was on it' I asked around and heard it was even better than 'every six seconds', It had to be heard to be believed. I reserved a copy and bought it. I loved it, every track was unbelievable, The stand out tracks were: 'Always'- excellent song with great music, heavy guitar and great vocals from Josey Scott. 'Weight of the World'- Melodic, catchy, and unbelievale vocals on Josey scotts part, one of the best tracks, and 'Seperated Self'- heavy, melodic and great allround. I heard a few bad things about the closing track 'Famous Monsters', But i loved it, it sounded great and was more of an outro than a track, take it for what it is, 'Back in your System' is an unbelievable album. Saliva are the best new rock and nu-metal band out there, They are only now beginning to be noticed, and with Josey Scotts vocals they are destined to make it Big Big time. I am no fan of nu-metal, instead i like older metal, like 'Megadeth'(the greatest band in history and the only better band than Saliva) and Guns and Roses(another great band). Buy this album cause you will not regret it, it is the best money ive spent. I would not class saliva as a proper Nu-Metal band, they have a more geniune feel and are not slacking as far as quality is concerned, if anything theyre getting better. If the new Saliva album is as good as 'back into your system' or 'every six secnds', i will never listen to a different CD ever again.

Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 7.51

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST BAND SINCE MEGADETH!!!!!!, 3 Feb 2003
This review is from: Back Into Your System (Audio CD)

Megadeth: Rude Awakening [DVD] [2003]
Megadeth: Rude Awakening [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Megadeth
Offered by barcode bargains
Price: 10.77

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Tribute to the BEST BAND EVER!!!!, 14 Jan 2003
First of all the show was a relatively un-advertised show. and this explains the small crowd. This gives the concert a more personal feel, almost like your there watching them. I have been a Deth fan for a little over 4 years, so i do know enough about Megadeth. But for the time i have known them i have worshipped them and recodnised them as the best heavy metal or rock band on the earth, miles better than metallica. 'Rude Awakening' was my first oppertunity to see the band live in concert, as before hand i had only seen small pieces from the 'Megadeth Behind The Music' DVD. I was astonished at the unbelievable guitar skills of both pitrelli and mustaine. I have all of the Megadeth and every one would get at least 5/5. My favourite is rust in peace or youthanasia, so i have heard a fair amount of guitar solos by Megadeth, i was astonished to hear that the solos were reproduced perfectly, some even better than the studio versions. And the She-Wolf extended version is worth the money alone. The concert is a pure adrenaline rush from beginning to end, with all tracks perfect, apart from 'Train Of Consequences', The intro is excellent, with guitar pieces from both pitrelli and mustaine, but mustaines waver a little, but the music is still great and i would say that this track is still very good. My favourite tracks are She -Wolf, with some of the best guitar solos that i have ever heard on CD. and my second fave is hangar 18, but i like all of them so much that the could all be my favourites. But She-Wolf stands above the rest with great vocals, great rythym, in-human Drum solo and most of all, unbelievable guitar solos. Another great track is the excellent 'In My Darkest Hour', which stands as one of the best. This is a great DVD (and live album) which is a great memorial to my personal greatest band of all time. BUY IT!!!!!!

WWE SmackDown: Shut Your Mouth (PS2)
WWE SmackDown: Shut Your Mouth (PS2)
Offered by multimedia-online
Price: 22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars THE GREATEST COMPUTER GAME EVER MADE!!!!!!!!!!!!, 13 Dec 2002
I did not know what to expect from this game, everyone was full of criticism for 'smackdown just bring it' but from the minute that i played it first i loved it, well the graphics could have been better and the story mode could have been longer but it was great fun. I had heard that tey were changing the game around substantially and changing alot of the moves. After liking the prevoius game so much did not know if this was a good or bad thing. When i heard that it was coming out november 15th i almost had a heart attack, i preordered it immediatley to make sure that i would get it the day of its release. I love WWE and all of the games so this game was sure to be an instant hit regarless of its quality. I eagerly awaited for the first reviews or news. I then heard that there was going to be over 50 superstars and even more game modes and match types. But i still needed to hear a review. I was browsing to see if there was any magazines mentioning it and i then found a PSW mag with a huge picture of the hulkster on the front. I have been watching wwf since i was about 4 but went off it due to dislike of the current storylines. But in 1995 it suddenly got much better with fresh faces. up until then the only reason that i still watched it sometimes was because of my like of the Undertakerand HBk. I was very pleasantly surprised to find out that that hbk would be presesnt and that there would finally be more than one costume for each superstar. I saw a video for the game and had to gasp for air when i saw the improvemant of the graphics and the ultra realistic superstar movement. My fav superstar of all time is without any shadow of a doubt was and still is Kane, the big red machine. I was slightly annoyed that he was not going to be in his mouthless mask suit. but this can be overlooked. on the 14th of nov i heard of the games release early and went to GAME the minute that i heard of the release. when i got home with it i put it in and strapped myself in for the ultimate ride.
It was without a doubt the best game that i ever played in my life. there is quite simply too much to talk about and if i was to tell you everything that i liked about it, it would take a book so i will just summarise: /10
Graphics= 9/10
Gameplay= 10++
sound= 9
lifespan= 10++
fun= 10++
muliplayer= 10, theres no better
Create a Superstar= 10++
character amount= 10++
season= 10++ a vast improvement on the prv game.
Interactivity= 10++
overall= 10++++++
this is quite simply the best game that i have personally ever played, move over vice city, take a back seat getaway cause this game is not even in the same league.
if you like wrestling buy it, if you dont buy it and if you simply like beat em ups BUY IT!!!!! 100% 10/10 5/5
its anawful shame that there isnot any more than 5 stars because if any game deserved it it would be WWE SMACKDOWN SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Universal Soldier [DVD]
Universal Soldier [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jean-Claude Van Damme
Offered by WorldCinema
Price: 4.20

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most underrated movies of the 90's!!, 27 Nov 2002
This review is from: Universal Soldier [DVD] (DVD)
This movie was an extremely clever idea, soldiers who were killed in vietnam and were then turned into super soldiers called unisols, short for universal soldiers. Honestly, who would be better for the large menacing bad guy named sgt. Andrew Scott, Dolph at a good 6"5 and muscle bound more than fitted the build, and van damme also done an excellent job of playing the shy good guy, the plot is great the action is excellent and the acting aint too bad either.
This movie is one of the best action movies that I personally have ever seen!. An absolute hoot for action fans and also a good film for people who respect decent films.
Dolph is excellent, van damme is excellent and with roland emmerich directing, how can you possibly go wrong, BUY THIS MOVIE NOW!!!!. 5/5, 10/10 you cant go wrong with this one!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 26, 2012 7:40 PM BST

Showdown in Little Tokyo [DVD] [1991]
Showdown in Little Tokyo [DVD] [1991]
Dvd ~ Brandon Lee
Price: 12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars One Of Dolphs Better movies, 27 Nov 2002
I am a huge dolph lundgren fan and have seen all of his films barring one.this one is funny, action packed and has a decent story, but we all know that the story is not the movies strong point,the action sequences are! They are well coreographed and dolph and brandon make for a very humerous team but the love scenes are slightly cheesy.So what!, Showdown in little tokyo is pretty damn good and a lot of fun. I would strongly reccommend it to any action movie fan, rent before buying.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 8, 2012 1:52 AM BST