Profile for UKPARKY > Reviews

Content by UKPARKY

UKPARKY

Navitech Compact Portable Flip And Fold Adjustable PC Tablet Stand Mount For The Apple iPad, iPad 2 & The New iPad 4th generation with Retina Display 16GB 32GB 64GB (Holds up to 10 KG in weight)
Offered by Navitech Official UK Store Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for video calling, 3 Aug. 2012
This stand is great for me as it allows the screen to be tilted at the correct angle for video calling and comfortable "TV catch up" viewing.

I'd previously bought another stand which didn't tilt the screen sufficiently vertically.

Jazooli Portable Lightweight Universal Foldable Desk Stand For iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3 Notebook's, Laptop's, Netbook's & Tablet PC's - Silver
Offered by Jazooli

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok for some uses, 3 Aug. 2012
This stand is OK for some uses. However, I found it didn't allow me to tilt my iPad sufficiently vertically. This is the position I needed to align the camera for video calling and for comfortable "TV catch up" viewing.

5 MP 4-IN-1 COMBO FILM PHOTO SCANNER 2.4" TFT USB 1800 DPI SLIDES 35mm NEGATIVES

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast and simple, 3 Aug. 2012
I've had this almost two weeks and have used it to digitise my collection of 200 colour transparencies and some colour negatives. I had previously attempted to do this using a conventional scanner. By comparison, the big advantage of this device is that it's much quicker. Once I got into the swing of it, it was like shelling peas. The only hold up is when you find dust on the slide, but being able to preview prior to saving gives an opportunity to address that. I found it gave excellent results for family photos.

My only negative comment is that the preview screen is positioned such that I had to prop the machine at an angle so that the screen was at right angles to my line of sight, otherwise the image was not visible. In other words you cannot use the machine by standing over it, nor by sitting at a normal height desk without tilting it to see the preview screen. Overall though, I'd recommend this device for making short work of preserving family photos.