Profile for Amanda White > Reviews

Content by Amanda White

Amanda White

Page: 1 | 2
The Hack: International Crime Thriller (Hunter/O'Sullivan Adventure #1)
The Hack: International Crime Thriller (Hunter/O'Sullivan Adventure #1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!!!, 6 Feb. 2016
My oh my, this author really is something else! I didn't believe I could enjoy a book more than I enjoyed "Remorseless" but this one tops even that. I've been affected on a very deep emotional level by the storyline, difficult as it is to read in places due to the subject matter. I think the author handles the story skilfully and gives the reader a very frank account of something most of us would rather pretend doesn't happen. I loved that we got to share the story with lots of characters, all of whom have their own perspective of what is going on. It makes for a dark and gritty read, fast paced and had my heart racing in parts. Anyone that enjoys psychological thrillers will love this book, it certainly has its share of violence but I never felt that it was added unnecessarily......in fact I was often glad of the violent ends some characters met with!
This author is definitely one to watch out for, this is my second book of his that I've read this week! He's up there with the most talented thriller writers on the market, you would be crazy to pass by his books without reading them! I can't wait to read more of his work later this year. Well done Will on another truly amazing piece of work, you are a very talented author indeed!!

Twisted
Twisted

2.0 out of 5 stars Really disappointed !!, 7 May 2015
This review is from: Twisted (Kindle Edition)
I had such high hopes for this book after reading the reviews, but I'm afraid my review will be very different from most. I found the book very unbelievable and knew almost immediately what the ending would be. I don't want to spoil the ending for anyone that is yet to read the book, but the name of a film would give it away as the ending is almost identical.
I'm sorry that my review is so negative, and indeed this is my first ever review like this but I was so disappointed. I would consider other books by the author, but only if I could read a sample first of all.

From the Cradle (Detective Lennon Thriller Series Book 1)
From the Cradle (Detective Lennon Thriller Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, 4 May 2015
This book held me captive for a full day, I simply couldn't put my kindle down. It's well written and holds the readers attention. I found myself deciding who was responsible only to change my mind and accuse another character, so for the most part the suspense is good. Unfortunately though I found the last chapter to be disappointing in the sense that it felt very rushed towards its conclusion. The end didn't feel quite as believable as the rest of the book. Having said that, I would recommend this book to anyone that loves suspense, it's a fantastic read and is only slightly let down by the ending (in my opinion). I will definitely read more of these authors work ....

DISHONOUR
DISHONOUR

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!, 13 May 2014
This review is from: DISHONOUR (Kindle Edition)
First time I've read anything by this author but it won't be the last......had me gripped from start to finish!!

Broken Dolls (Jefferson Winter Book 1)
Broken Dolls (Jefferson Winter Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite simply......AMAZING!!!, 25 April 2014
Wow...What a book!!
I've read some thrillers in my time but this tops them all by far. The attention to detail is superb and the style of writing is excellent. The book consumes you and you eagerly want more and more, I couldn't put it down! I'm excited for future books by James Carol and am already a huge fan!!

Night Watcher (Dundee Crime Series Book 1)
Night Watcher (Dundee Crime Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read!!, 29 July 2013
At first I wasn't sure I was going to enjoy this novel and it took me a while to get into the storyline. However I then became hooked! Another fabulous book by Chris Longmuir.

Missing Believed Dead (Dundee Crime Series Book 3)
Missing Believed Dead (Dundee Crime Series Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read!, 25 July 2013
This book gripped me from the very first page, and held my attention throughout. Excellent storyline and a few twists and turns to keep it interesting, I perhaps would have liked another chapter at the end to tie things up a bit more. I would highly recommend this book if you like a gritty, gripping, great read!!

Under Your Skin
Under Your Skin

3.0 out of 5 stars Disapointed, 17 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Under Your Skin (Kindle Edition)
I usually choose the kindle books I read based on reviews, therefore I was quite excited to read this book. I found the first half of the book very bland and only continued to read as I was hoping the story would pick up its pace. It did pick up pace, but I found it very unbelievable, and at times I actually cringed at the attempt at humour. There's a nice twist in the ending, but I didn't find it all that surprising to be honest. Perhaps an ok read if this is your first thriller, but for myself, I need something much more to get my "teeth into" .

Trapped
Trapped

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!, 15 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Trapped (Kindle Edition)
This book had me gripped from the very beginning, very believable and fast paced. Highly recommended!!! Will read more by this author....

The Borgia Bride
The Borgia Bride

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!, 19 May 2013
This review is from: The Borgia Bride (Kindle Edition)
This is the second book I have now read by this author, I find her work captivating. I found it impossible to put my kindle down, and read the book in 2 days. The plot moves quickly and is full of twists and turns, I had often heard of the Borgias but this is the first I've read of them. I found the book fascinating and would highly recommend it to those that enjoy historical novels.

Page: 1 | 2