Profile for Karen > Reviews

Karen

Tell, Don't Show!
Tell, Don't Show!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great insight, 15 Mar 2014
This review is from: Tell, Don't Show! (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book and read it in one go. The information is spot on! By telling your story you get to the point quicker, and it is just as or even more effective than showing. I read a lot, and I don't buy books that has pages of showing which takes too long to get to the point. I like to feel and know at the same time - I want know where the story is going. If you like to read that, and wants to write, this book will definitely help you construct a great story!

The Easy Way to Write Short Stories That Sell
The Easy Way to Write Short Stories That Sell

1.0 out of 5 stars I, I, I and more I's, 13 Mar 2014
This book has too many 'I's'. I find it hard to grasp the essence of what the author is trying to say because it was all about him. I gave it one star because the author was too self-indulging.

As I Walk Through Life: A Family's Struggle from the Azorean Islands to Africa
As I Walk Through Life: A Family's Struggle from the Azorean Islands to Africa

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy read, 7 Sep 2013
After moving with her family to Africa,the author takes you on a cross-cultured experience when she was a kid - lighthearted and warm. We read about her and her family struggles and dilemmas, and then surviving a war. If you want to read something light and engaging, this is the book to read.

The Communist Manifesto
The Communist Manifesto
by Karl Marx

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 6 July 2013
We all need to take time out of our busy lives and read this book. The Communist Manifesto tells the evils of CAPITALISM and how we are alienated from our true self so others can profit, It's a piece of literature intended to inform, educate and make us aware of the evils of CAPITALISM. It's easy to read and understand. After reading this, I see how flawed, unjust and unfair CAPITALISM it is.

The Hours [DVD] [2003]
The Hours [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Meryl Streep
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Movie, 6 July 2013
This review is from: The Hours [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
Nicole Kidman was amazing. She gave a great performance. She plays the unstable Virginia Woolf, but is also shows her brilliance even when she appears to be unstable. It is a great movie to watch if you love Virginia Woolf and if you want to know about her. Also, it's great to watch because it shows three different women and how they lives connect to one another and they didn't know each other.

The Tide Of Life [DVD]
The Tide Of Life [DVD]
Dvd ~ Gillian Kearney
Offered by FUNTIME MEDIA

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Movie ever, 6 July 2013
This review is from: The Tide Of Life [DVD] (DVD)
The warmth and the strength of Emily's character in The Tide of Life is amazing! The tide of life works on some many levels of possible situations one can encounter. I love Catherine Cookson's work. She depicted provincial life and its dilemmas grace.

The Outsider (Penguin Modern Classics)
The Outsider (Penguin Modern Classics)
by Albert Camus

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 6 July 2013
Camus is an brilliant author. In The Outsider, he challenges the society rule that one must displace when they lost a love one. And when one doesn't live up to that rule, everything about their character becomes questionable or goes down hill.

Fräulein3°8 12pcs Cosmetic Makeup Brush Set w/ Case
Fräulein3°8 12pcs Cosmetic Makeup Brush Set w/ Case

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 12 Jun 2011
that makeup brush set is just what i need, and not only is it a bargin but the brushes work excellent!!!!!!