Profile for walter light-tap > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Jewel Quest Mysteries: Curse of the Emerald Tear
Jewel Quest Mysteries: Curse of the Emerald Tear

4.0 out of 5 stars Very addictive, 6 Aug. 2011
I am really enjoying this game. It is so addictive. It isn't exactly taxing on the old brain cells, but it is a great way to spend a few hours. The graphics are good and the objects are mostly easy to find, although I did have to use the clues for some as I had no idea what the item even looked like. Obviously the more you play it the more you know where everything is!
The only reason it doesn't get five stars is because it has a habit of jamming on the jewel quest board, but I have found if I re-start that level it usually works ok the second time - it's just rather annoying.

Good Things
Good Things
Offered by positivenoise

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, 6 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Good Things (Audio CD)
I had only heard "I need a dollar" prior to buying this CD, but I wasn't disapointed with the rest of the album. My favorite tracks have to be Mama hold my hand and Your love is killing me. Aloe's voice and style remind me very much of Marvin Gaye (who I grew up with). He is a very talented man and this album is really worth listening to. Great purchase!

The Only Way Is Up
The Only Way Is Up

4.0 out of 5 stars Summer 1988!!, 6 Aug. 2011
This review is from: The Only Way Is Up (MP3 Download)
If I remember correctly this was first released in the summer of 1988 and everytime I hear it it takes me back. It's just such an uplifting song, you can't help but dance around to it - wonderful!

At This Moment
At This Moment

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best songs ever, 6 Aug. 2011
This review is from: At This Moment (MP3 Download)
I had been looking for this song for so long, but I didn't know what it was called or who recorded it, I could just remember some of the lines and I had been trying to track it down for the last 20 years.
I eventually found out what it was called about 18 months ago when it was used on a tv programme.
I think the lyrics are just wonderful and it is now a regular feature on my MP3 player.

Beat The Intro (Nintendo DS)
Beat The Intro (Nintendo DS)
Offered by SC-WHOLESALE

3.0 out of 5 stars Good way to spend half an hour, 6 Aug. 2011
I wasn't sure what to expect from this game. I have always enjoyed music quizzes and this is good fun. It has quite a good range of music, right through from the 60's to reasonably recent.
There are a number of different games, one is a jigsaw puzzle, another is answering as many pop questions as possible in one minute and another is "mixing" a track to identify the song.
Some of the quizzes are easy, some are difficult and some are just plain boring.
Overall it is a good way to spend half an hour, anymore than that would be very repetative.

Rapid Spanish: v. 1: 200+ Essential Words and Phrases Anchored into Your Long Term Memory with Great Music (Musical Brain Trainer)
by earworms Learning
Edition: Audio CD

1.0 out of 5 stars not impressed, 1 April 2011
I bought this Earworms CD a couple of weeks ago. I have listened to it a number of times now (about 10times), but it doesn't seem to sink in any better with music, as it did without music on previous Spanish CD's that I had bought in the past. I don't think I will ever be fluent in Spanish anytime soon! Also some of the words they use seem a little odd, I had always thought Hello in Spanish was Hola, but not according to Earworms, it is Oiga!

I won't be buying Volume 2!

Sony Reader Pocket Edition PRS-350 - eBook reader - 5" monochrome E Ink ( 800 x 600 ) - silver

4.0 out of 5 stars great little reader, 1 April 2011
I bought the Sony PRS 350 back in January 2011. Like most other reviewers it came down to the Kindle or the Sony. Although the Kindle was cheaper, I felt that summed it up really - it looks cheap and very brittle, I didn't like the keyboard feature at the bottom and it isn't exactly pocketsize because of this. The Sony is nicer to look at and feels quite substantial, although I won't be throwing it on the floor anytime soon! Also I didn't like the idea of having to buy my books only from Amazon, I prefer to buy them from a number of different booksellers.

I absolutely love my Sony e reader. I was so unsure about whether I would like it, as I have always loved books, the touch, smell etc. but you completely forget you are using a reader once you get into your book. I found setting it up and downloading books quite easy, even though I am not very familiar with his type of technology. I find it very easy on the eyes, it doesn't cause any eye strain, the battery seems to last very well between charges - in fact I haven't completely run it down so far. I did have one problem with it, it kept telling me that a book I had bought was protected by "Digital Rights Management", but after I downloaded an update from Sony this seems to have cured the problem. The free 100 classic books from Sony was very good, alot of them I have never read and some I read when I was much younger and I look forward to re-visiting them.

Yes, the Sony is quite expensive compared to the Kindle and of course you really do need a cover for it along with a micro charger for when you are on holiday, but I do think I made right decision. I am looking forward to many years of enjoyable reading from this lovely gadget and no more having to pay excess baggage charges when going on holiday due to the large number of books I used to take with me.

My only wish now is that more authors start to release their books in ebook format.

Page: 1 | 2