Profile for Mr. Brian Jacobs > Reviews

Content by Mr. Brian Jacobs

Mr. Brian Jacobs (London, England)

One More Sleep
One More Sleep

5.0 out of 5 stars great Xmas song, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: One More Sleep (MP3 Download)
What a great Xmas song. Just loved it. One of Leona's best songs, which hopefully will get played every Xmas

Gadgeo White Gel Silicone TPU Case Cover for Apple iPhone 4 & 4S with Screen Protector and Cleaning Cloth
Offered by DN-Technology

3.0 out of 5 stars discoloured, 7 Feb 2014
It protects the iphone ok but got discoloured very quickly from being in my pocket a couple of days, so no longer looks white but a murky blue colour

48 Hours: A City of London Thriller
48 Hours: A City of London Thriller

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, 3 Nov 2013
I don't read that many fiction books per year but this was one of them and I must say it was a really enjoyable and easy read. I liked the short chapters and the story which kept you wondering what's going to happen next. I was surprised how good it was considering it was free on Kindle.

Universe NU Dolphin Waterproof Touch 4GB MP3 Player with FM Radio
Universe NU Dolphin Waterproof Touch 4GB MP3 Player with FM Radio
Offered by Advanced MP3 Players

3.0 out of 5 stars What A Hassle, 10 Aug 2009
Only bought this from Amazon last week and have only had chance to use it twice so far in the swimming pool.

ON THE DOWNSIDE

It's a real hassle to set up and programme and change features.

The manual could be more detailed. Basically there are too many options, and too few control buttons. The buttons aren't well labelled, and you couldn't see then if you were swimming anyway! The lcd screen is very small and I can just about read the display

There is an fm radio function - again a hassle to find out what to do to tune it - not sure whether there would be a strong enough signal in the swimming pool - haven't tried it out because once I've set the unit to play music I can't readily see how to change it over to radio function.

For swimming you need to attach the unit to your goggles (or clip it to top of bathing costume if you're wearing one) as there is only a short lead. Had they provided waterproof headphones with a longer lead I could have attached the unit to my swimming shorts. As it is I have to look in the mirror in order to put the goggles and earplugs in so I can see what I'm doing.

Furthermore it's difficult to change tracks while swimming without taking the unit (and goggles) off. In fact the only real adjustment you can do while playing music while swimming is to pause the music by pressing the on/off button.

Transferring music from my pc was done by dragging and dropping music tracks from the hard drive to the player. Whilst fairly easy to do, it seemed to take ages.

Two sets of earphones come with the unit. The one for swimming doesn't indicate which is for the left ear and which for the right ear!!

The jackplug is small (2.5mm) so if you want to use your own headphones with this gadget (perhaps you want to use it when out jogging) you'll need to buy an adaptor.

ON THE PLUS SIDE:

The unit has a 4gb drive which holds lots of music.

It has random play, which I particularly like.

I've used it twice now for swimming and the earplugs haven't let any water into my ears.

The sound quality on playing mp3s was impressive (which is why I went for this unit in the first place). The unit has an equaliser function with different options eg pop, rock, classical, 3d

You get two pairs of headphones, one for swimming and the other for other activities.
The headphones for swimming attach to goggles. The other pair (slightly longer) attaches to an armband (provided) or you can clip onto your shirt.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2009 5:06 PM GMT

HP Laserjet 1022 A4 18ppm Mono Laser Printer USB
HP Laserjet 1022 A4 18ppm Mono Laser Printer USB

5.0 out of 5 stars HP Laserjet 1022 - Better than expected, and great value for money, 13 Oct 2006
I bought this printer specifically to print training manuals of some 300 pages each.

The printer was very easy to set up.

I printed 100 pages at a time and was pleasantly suprised by the speed of the first page and the speed at which the pages were printed. I had read some reviews saying it was very noisy but I didn't find this to be so.

At under £100 I consider this to be excellent value for money.