Profile for Mr. Randy C. Barber > Reviews

Content by Mr. Randy C. B...

Mr. Randy C. Barber

Potato and Onion Vegetable Hessian Storage Sack - Small (45cm x 30cm)
Potato and Onion Vegetable Hessian Storage Sack - Small (45cm x 30cm)
Offered by Nutley's Kitchen Gardens

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a sack what can say?, 6 Nov 2013
These sacks are fine. Small size suited me in terms of storage space available and the miserable crop of potatoes I had.

Philips NT9110 Nose Hair Trimmer
Philips NT9110 Nose Hair Trimmer

3.0 out of 5 stars About what I expected, 6 Nov 2013
The nose and ear trimmer performs reasonably well. I'd been using some round-nosed scissors for this job previously and would nick myself sometimes so this gadget is an improvement on that but it's only average in the way it trims unwanted hair from these areas of your body in my view.

The Deptford Trilogy: Fifth Business, The Manticore, World of Wonders
The Deptford Trilogy: Fifth Business, The Manticore, World of Wonders
by Robertson Davies

4.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 2 Mar 2013
I first discovered Robertson Davies more than 30 years ago and recommended this triolgy recently to a book club I belong to. He just tells a great story and manages to bring out the numinous quality of everyday experience in a wholly compelling way. The other members of the book club loved it and they're not an easy group to please.

Yoga Tuneup Quick Fix Rx: Neck Shoulders Back [DVD] [2010] [US Import]
Yoga Tuneup Quick Fix Rx: Neck Shoulders Back [DVD] [2010] [US Import]
Dvd ~ Jill Miller
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

4.0 out of 5 stars Stretching for people who don't like stretching, 23 Nov 2012
I got the link to Yoga Tune Up from a massage website I had been looking at. I'm a massage therapist myself and am always on the look out for resources that I can use to help my clients between treatments. What was appealing about this one was that it offered bite-sized bits of yoga that people could use quickly to work on specific areas of their body that need attention. That's exactly what Yoga Tune Up provides. The routines are easy to learn, require minimal space or equipment and from my own experience quite effective. Highly recommended.

Panasonic RP-HJE120E-K Ergo Fit Ear Canal Headphones - Black
Panasonic RP-HJE120E-K Ergo Fit Ear Canal Headphones - Black
Offered by Pii Deals

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement in-ear headphones, 23 May 2012
I bought these as a replacement for a more expensive pair of Sony headphones and overall I have been very pleased with them. They perform almost as well, especially regarding blocking out external noises, and they are more comfortable to wear. Great value for money and they arrived promptly so full marks.

Fibromyalgia And Chronic Myofascial Pain: A Survival Manual
Fibromyalgia And Chronic Myofascial Pain: A Survival Manual
by Devin J. Starlanyl

4.0 out of 5 stars Feedback from a therapist, 2 Sep 2011
I bought this book to help fill in a knowledge gap in my training as a bodywork therapist (I practise remedial massage and Bowen Therapy). I found it fascinating, the connection between fibromyalgia and myofascial trigger points and think that this author is to be commended for the clear way she presents this material. There is more here that will be of interest to bodyworkers even though the book is not particularly intended for therapists but for those suffering from fibromyalgia and/or myofascial pain syndrome.

Point Omega
Point Omega
by Don DeLillo

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty hard work, 17 May 2010
This review is from: Point Omega (Hardcover)
I read this book as a selection for a men's reading group I belong to. We don't just pick "masculine" themes or books written by men but we do try and tackle works by authors recognised as having some artistic standing, which Delillo clearly does.
There were five members of the group who read Point Omego and only one really liked it. The others, like me, found it rather hard going. We all got his idea about taking time to really feel life as it passes us by and sort of enjoyed the observations of the man watching the slowed down version of "Psycho" at the art gallery. But what was all the business between the two men in the cabin in the desert? And why should we care? We batted all this around in our group for some time and came up with a variety of ideas and interpretations but there wasn't much energy for it, as with our one notable exception, none of us was sufficiently engaged by this work.