Profile for Jet Black > Reviews

InterDesign Small Basket, Clear
InterDesign Small Basket, Clear
Price: 7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for storage, 7 Feb 2013
I have ended up buying several of these for my bathroom and have ordered yet another one. They are just the right size for holding shampoo and shower gels, plus I have found them useful for holding cosmetics and hair brushes and accessories. The white plastic looks elegant given that it is plastic and is very sturdy. There is a solid bottom albeit not watertight as there are some drainage holes. The basket also has a lip around the bottom which makes it very sturdy. The handle seems very secure and I like the fact that it has a clear plastic sleeve which adds a bit of comfort to holding bare thin metal if the basket is heavy.

At the price, a good product.

Bobby "porte-adresse" Red Leather Cat Collar
Bobby "porte-adresse" Red Leather Cat Collar
Offered by Jolly & Bea's Dog & Cat Accessories
Price: 6.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Very attractive quality collar, 27 April 2012
This may cost a bit more and take a little longer to arrive, but well worth the wait. My cat has ruined many a collar by clawing them to death but he has his work cut out to demolish this one! It really is a lovely looking collar and looks/feels like good quality There is no loose stitching for claws to catch and the leather is flexible but substantially thick. A nice feature is the phone/email tab which can be written on and is closed with a popper. There is also a metal loop for a tag or bell and the buckle is easy to fasten. There is also a safety elastic loop to enable cats to wriggle free if they get stuck. All in all am very pleased and fingers crossed that Boris will still be looking good in a years time!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for quality glasses, 27 April 2012
Arrived quickly and so well packed all arrived intact given breakages are a high risk when purchasing this way. I am impressed with the quality which is closer to my expensive cut glassware than the cheap day to day ware I bought these to replace. They also look highly contemporary and the box suggests they are aimed at the restaurant trade. I haven't had them long but they are extremely thin so can't comment on their resilience or dishwasher proofness. At this price they are easily replaceable and the lack of a stem makes them far easier to stack in the machine. Bottom line? Well I have just ordered some smaller ones to use as wine glasses, which says it all about how pleased I am with them.

Black & Decker DV7210N Cyclonic Action Dustbuster Hand Vacuum - 7.2 Volt
Black & Decker DV7210N Cyclonic Action Dustbuster Hand Vacuum - 7.2 Volt
Price: 41.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 28 Aug 2011
Has good suction and has cleaned everything put before it, including cat fur that gets embedded into my carpets and is usually hard to shift - great for quick cleaning jobs.

India
India
by Pushpesh Pant
Price: 14.98

5.0 out of 5 stars A different sort of Indian recipe book, 15 April 2011
This review is from: India (Hardcover)
After 20 years of cooking Asian, especially southern Asian food, I have a pretty extensive collection of recipe books of all types and like to think I am pretty experienced in the cuisine. One of my biggest issues is finding new recipes rather than repeats of those often found in Indian restaurant menus. This one is quite different though! Yes, there are a few recipes that you can find in just about every book published, however the majority look very authentic to me. Certainly they remind me of the sorts of dishes I have eaten around India and Sri Lanka.

I haven't had a chance to create a lot of dishes, but those I have done have been pretty easy to do and the aromatic results have had a thumbs up by all diners. Many recipes require few additional ingredients that most curry enthusiasts won't already have - and with the advent of on-line specialist grocery stores many can be easily purchased or just omitted. Out of the UK supermarkets Tescos is a good resource for reasonably priced spices and exotic vegetables.

Any minuses? Well, maybe there are some errors in the instructions on sterilising equipment and few are likely to create the pastes and masalas in the quantities suggested. Some of the recipes also ask for huge amounts of oils and fats: reducing them might take away some of the overall intended result, but would be far healthier. For the sheer number of recipes for the price, it I think it is a good investment.