ARRAY(0xb341d1ec)

Profile for Louis' Auntie > Reviews

Content by Louis' Auntie

Louis' Auntie (Bowdon, England)

The Forty Rules of Love
The Forty Rules of Love
by Elif Shafak
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, highly recommended, 24 Jan 2012
A beautiful book. This was recommended to me and I will be recommending it to my friends and family. Beautifully written and thought provoking, I will definately be reading it again. I couldn't put it down.

Let Your Life Flow: The Physical, Psychological and Spiritual Benefits of the Alexander Technique
by Alex Maunder
Price: 13.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 5 Jan 2010
This is a very interesting book with a perspective on the Alexander Technique which is more than the usual mechanical posture/relaxation. The author links the Technique to the spiritual and emotional whole, in a way which makes total sense to me personally.

Reiki For Life: The complete guide to reiki practice for levels 1, 2 & 3: The Essential Guide to Reiki Practice
by Penelope Quest

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Reiki book, 31 May 2009
I have read quite a few books on Reiki and I find this one to be the best. It is a book that I would feel happy lending to someone new to Reiki as the author stays level-headed, without getting caught up in stuff which might put someone off for being too fantastical. It is clear,descriptive and thorough, and it gives ideas for using Reiki creatively.
This is a book which you can pick up again and again.

The Acid-alkaline Diet for Optimum Health: Restore Your Balance by Creating PH Balance in Your Diet
by Christopher Vasey
Price: 8.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and convincing book, 31 May 2009
I found this book to be very convincing and fairly easy to follow. It was not demanding a total change of lifestyle like some books on pH dieting.

10 Minute Solution - Pilates [DVD]
10 Minute Solution - Pilates [DVD]
Offered by BTR Direct Ltd
Price: 4.61

1.0 out of 5 stars No warm up!!, 14 Jan 2009
I am very disappointed that this DVD does not have warm up exercises, with instructions about the core muscles to be used and the breathing technique.
The pace is very fast and I would not recommend this DVD for anyone of my age (52) unless they were very fit and had lots of pilates experience.
Sorry this is not for me.

Shrek Cookbook
Shrek Cookbook
by DK Publishing

5.0 out of 5 stars A great present, 6 Jan 2008
This review is from: Shrek Cookbook (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my nephew's seventh birthday, and used some of the recipes before giving it to him. I found it great, the recipes all turned out fantastic. It was my nephew's favourite present, and I missed it so much, that I have now ordered one for myself!
Beautifully and clearly presented with a sense of humour, this book is a great present for anyone who likes Shrek or is interested in fun, uncomplicated, nutricious recipes.