Profile for Short person (yeah, right) > Reviews

Content by Short person (...

Short person (yeah, right)

The Talisman of Wrath: The first tale in the saga of the twins of Arl
The Talisman of Wrath: The first tale in the saga of the twins of Arl
by S. P. Muir

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fantasy Debut!, 4 Nov 2014
From the ancient hermit to the valiant warrior; the lore-master to the one true king; the evil villain to the exotic maiden, all of your favourite fantasy-genre characters are to be found in SP Muir’s debut novel. What is less expected is the superb and considered story line, which unfolds in unexpected directions page by page and draws the reader deep into the land of Arl. Eagerly awaiting the next instalment SP! Bring it on!

Face Reading: What Does Your Face Say?
Face Reading: What Does Your Face Say?
by Barbara Roberts

3.0 out of 5 stars face reading, 19 Mar 2014
well the book is good and the condition great but the presentation leaves a lot to be desired as the photos are photocopies and generally not a bound book costing nearly thirty pounds sterling so i cannot give this five stars

Maggot Moon
Maggot Moon
by Sally Gardner

1.0 out of 5 stars Eww, 24 Nov 2013
This review is from: Maggot Moon (Hardcover)
Uhh. What do I say? I mean, I totally get why this won he Carnegie Medal, it just shouldn't have. That's all. The graphic description of violence and torture was bad enough, but the flipbook-style illustrations were enough to put a maggot off its breakfast. I must admit, the "faked Moon landing" conspiracy theory was a good premise though.

The Power Of Love
The Power Of Love

5.0 out of 5 stars ALERT: High risk of earworm, 6 May 2013
This review is from: The Power Of Love (MP3 Download)
Okay, so technically I'm reviewing this purely as a song and not as this product in particular, but it doesn't matter.
I first heard this song when I watched Back to the Future for the first time and loved it immediately. This is a super catchy, summery tune with lyrics that ae still stuck in my head. All in all, definitely worth giving a go, so what are you waiting for?

Wonder
Wonder

5.0 out of 5 stars No "wonder" it's on the Carnegie list!, 28 Mar 2013
This review is from: Wonder (Kindle Edition)
I came across this book at Carnegie Shadowing Group at my school and was immediately hooked. Auggie Pullman is perfectly normal, but has a coupla facial...differences. The book records his first year at a normal school (as opposed to being home-tutored). It's told from several different viewpoints, but all are equally brilliant. August Pullman, I sincerely hope you win.

Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker
Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker

5.0 out of 5 stars Get this one, 15 Jan 2013
I compared the two versions of this album and this was the version I bought. Please, get this version as it has all the songs from the ORIGINAL film on it not some ripped off version!

The House of Silk: The Bestselling Sherlock Holmes Novel
The House of Silk: The Bestselling Sherlock Holmes Novel

1.0 out of 5 stars Shocked, 22 Dec 2012
Read this book quite happily, loved the way it actually sounded like an original Holmes novel--then looked at the detaols on Shelfari. I hadn't really got the ending and was disgusted to read "not suitable for youth as this deals with sexual violence against children". Please, Anthony, see sense or lose a massive fan.

Candy
Candy

5.0 out of 5 stars Personally..., 9 Dec 2012
This review is from: Candy (MP3 Download)
...I love it! This particular reviewer of the family is more into rock than pop, but this was brilliant. It, if nothing else, takes me back to the hippydippy era, before I was born (im 13). Oh, and just a reply to me@myhouse... it's probably meant to sound like the Haribo theme. After all, it is called "Candy"!

Wasting Light
Wasting Light

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant...unless you have sensitive eardrums!, 30 Nov 2012
This review is from: Wasting Light (Audio CD)
This is a brilliant album as usual. It has all the classic Foo ingredients--yelling, guitar and of course DAVE!!!!!!!!!!!! Not for the faint hearted, however, as the songs are best played at top volume--except for These Days, which is a welcome break in the style of In Your Honour Disc 2, and Back and Forth, which is slightly less "hard". Granddad rock for the next generation (that term is NOT derogatory).

And Then There Were None (Agatha Christie Collection)
And Then There Were None (Agatha Christie Collection)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant-love it to bits!, 17 Nov 2012
Amazing story and I was scared half to death in a good way! Also cool because being 13 I have also read Horowitz's parody I Know What You Did Last Wednesday. I hate to spoil things for you, but my favourite part was when "a red herring swallowed" a character-but it turns out he really was dead and therefore a double red herring! Ps currently laughing triumphantly as I got who it was-even though he "died" later! Ok I've probably rambled on enough so I'll let you get on and read it - please!