Profile for baggiesbabe69 > Reviews

Content by baggiesbabe69

baggiesbabe69 "Ness" (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars It actually does work, 29 Jun 2014
I've brought numerous knife sharpeners over the years and have been disappointed, but the Razor Red is great.
I love the suction base, it makes it so stable to use.
I tried it on my serrated bread knife and for the 1st time I was able to sharpen it properly.
My large straight knife was like new again. I went through my whole knife block!
I like it cos it's nice and compact and sits nicely in my cupboard and I love the funky colour of it.
For the price it's an excellent product.

The All or Nothing Girl
The All or Nothing Girl

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Triumph by Amanda, 26 Jun 2014
I’m not sure where Amanda get’s all her details from but I really felt I was in the lift with Francesca and her handsome mystery rich man, we follow, let’s just say the lows initially of her life, a snobby cow who manages to get everyone’s back up just by opening her mouth without even thinking what she was saying. Tact is not her strong point! She is the typical IT girl, who has been given everything served up to her on a golden spoon.

Meet Tracey, Sid and Tyrone, 3 people who change Francesca’s life, real people living with their heads on the right side of the clouds.

I read The All or Nothing Girl in a few hours as I just couldn’t put it down. I don’t want to give too much away, but just think Armani is converted to Primani, Babycham is the new Moet!

My Rating 5*
Roll on the next book.

Tabby & Kat
Tabby & Kat

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another triumph., 21 Dec 2013
This review is from: Tabby & Kat (Kindle Edition)
Amanda, you keep me enthralled from beginning to the end. I never want your books to finish and could shed a tear when they do. Hurry up and get the next book written #baggiesbeta xx

Kandle by Ozeri Flex in Black -- LED Book Light for the Amazon Kindle (fits latest generation Kindle and all models), and other eBook readers

5.0 out of 5 stars A great bright light from Kandle., 14 Nov 2013
As the light on my Kindle case has given up the ghost I thought this will be perfect, although the only downfall I can find with it, is that it won't fit over the top of the kindle with the case on but I did find I could slide it into the side of the case and use it just as easily so problem solved.
It came with a case and a spare battery which makes it even better.
Without the case on it slips on easily and is perfect with it's flexible neck to alter the angle of the light so as not to annoy my husband when I'm reading in bed!

The 20 cm Green Earth Frying Pan by Ozeri, with Textured Ceramic Non-Stick Coating from Germany (100% PTFE and PFOA Free)
Price: 39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Really like this frying pan., 2 Oct 2013
I really like the Ozeri frying pan, it's a great colour initially, but the fact that I can put it directly from my hob to my oven is a massive plus point.
The non stick patterned base means it's easy for foods to slid out without sticking.
I am looking at changing my gas hob to an induction hob & wanted a new pan that would be suitable for not only now but for the future.
It feels nice and solid & the non scratch surface means I even trust my husband to use it!

Ozeri Precision II Digital Bathroom Scale (200 kg / 440 lbs Capacity), in Ultra Sturdy Tempered Glass with Blue Xbright LCD & StepOn ActivationOzeri Precision II Digital Bathroom Scale (440 lbs Capacity), in Ultra Sturdy Tempered Glass with Blue Xbright LCD & StepOn Activation
Price: 29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great easy to read scales, 22 Aug 2013
They arrived very promptly and even in the box they looked good. I was even more pleased when I found it actually came with batteries included, yayyyy this meant I didn't have to search for any. They were also easy to fit, which makes a change.
On the back there is a button for switching between kg's, lb's and stones, this is so easy to use, unlike my old one's where I have to use a thin end of something to change it!
The Rubber feet are nice and solid and make sure it doesn't slip.
The display is nice and large and very bright which makes it so easy to read, I can even see it without my glasses on!

The Ozeri bathroom Scales are very clean looking and easy to use. They fit in with a modern or traditional bathroom and now have pride of place in my bathroom, so sorry to my old one's but your old hat now and been replaced by a snazzier model.

Completing the Puzzle
Completing the Puzzle

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic & un-put-downable, 26 Jun 2012
Completing the Puzzle is the third & long awaited novel by the extremely talented Amanda Egan.

In Completing the Puzzle Amanda shed her stylish "Mummy Misfit" cloak that she had successfully engaged us all with her 2 previous novels. You can read my reviews of Diary of a Mummy Misfit & The Darker side of Mummy Misfit.

I waited with baited breath to find out the direction of Completing the Puzzle, I was NOT disappointed.

Fee is a strong character but living the everyday life we can all relate to. She copes amazing well when her marriage breaks down, but with everything else going on around her she rarely has time to wallow in her own problems.

I do like a certain assistant nurse in the book! Sir F is such a good sport. The twins are typical boys & well grandad, who couldn't love him?

I felt I was right there with Fee through all the ups & downs, she had me laughing out loud so many times & even crying with her, which was a little bit embarrassing as I was on a plane at the time! But there's nothing like a good laugh & a good blub, that in my opinion makes a good book worth reading, again & again!

Marcus is a guy I'd like in my life & I'm actually jealous of Fee having him!

Roll on book 4 .............. hurry up Amanda & get it finished! No pressure!

Can I be as bold to say I was one of the 1st people to buy it!! I even got up early to make sure I downloaded it asap!!Completing the Puzzle

Farangi Girl: Growing Up in Iran: a Daughter's Story
Farangi Girl: Growing Up in Iran: a Daughter's Story
by Ashley Dartnell
Price: 8.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Great insight into a different world., 9 April 2012
Having been brought up totally in the UK I was really interested to read Ashley's experiences of life being brought up in a troubled Iran. We all think we've had a tough life but Ashley's brilliant factual story makes me realise just how lucky & easy my life was.
To overcome all the problems the family did & to still be of sane mind is amazing.
Thank you Ashley for letting me share your family life.

I was a teenage toyah fan
I was a teenage toyah fan
by Chris Limb
Price: 6.88

5.0 out of 5 stars A true insight from a true fan, 9 April 2012
As a follower of Toyah I was really interested to read this book & wasn't disappointed. Chris told his story but I for 1 felt as though I was with him on his travels to her gig's. Toyah comes across as a real people person who actually bothered about her fans.
I didn't want it to end & would loved to have read more about how Chris got on after taking over the fan club.

Codex
Codex

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantasticly gripping read, 9 April 2012
This review is from: Codex (Kindle Edition)
I was hooked from page 1, Wow I loved reading Codex, it had so many twists & turns you never knew where it was going. Every time I thought i'd got it all sussed Adrian threw in another twist.
How on earth does a human brain come up with a storyline like that? The attention to detail & the continuous changes in direction had me on the edge of my seat.

Page: 1 | 2