Profile for G. Langdon > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Perpetual Astonishment of Jonathon Fairfax
The Perpetual Astonishment of Jonathon Fairfax

1.0 out of 5 stars Dear oh dear…., 14 Feb. 2014
I can only think this has got such reviews because anyone with any literary discernment gave up after two chapters and never reviewed it. I persevered and won't be getting that bit of my life back. Somewhere, deep down, there may actually be quite a good plot. However, it is clear that this book never went through the hands of a decent editor. If it was half the length, with the "funny" bits cut out it may have even been worth reading.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 28, 2014 4:10 PM BST

Black & Decker Pivot Dustbuster Handheld Vacuum Cleaner - 18 Volt
Black & Decker Pivot Dustbuster Handheld Vacuum Cleaner - 18 Volt

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I could have imagined, 6 Jan. 2014
After using Granny's dust buster for the last 3 years I thought all portables would be the same. Oh no, this is totally brilliant. It picks up everything (I managed to suck up a pencil yesterday by mistake) and its clever design is very compact. It is noisy but I am only using it for a minute a day.

Brasher Conditioning Cream Kit - Brown
Brasher Conditioning Cream Kit - Brown
Offered by Brooklyn Trading Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 6 Jan. 2014
I thought my walking boots (Brasher) had had it after 8 years. Other polishes just weren't protecting them anymore. Tried this and it is like I have new boots - totally water resistant once more and ready for a few more years.

Rawlplug Uno Plug (Trade Pack of 288) - Brown
Rawlplug Uno Plug (Trade Pack of 288) - Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, 6 Jan. 2014
As a professional I need rawlplugs that work every time in every material. These are the only ones fit for purpose in my view.

Rawlplug 68595 8 x 32 mm Uno Plug Card - Blue
Rawlplug 68595 8 x 32 mm Uno Plug Card - Blue
Offered by AHC (Camberley) Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, 6 Jan. 2014

Leaf Press - Wooden
Leaf Press - Wooden
Offered by Piglet and Tubbs

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Flower Press, 6 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Leaf Press - Wooden (Toy)
Expensive but worth it for a stunning item. The beautiful graphics seem to be part of the wood rather than printed on. A perfect present for a flower lover.

Thermos Hello Kitty FUNtainer Food Flask 290ml
Thermos Hello Kitty FUNtainer Food Flask 290ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, can't put in dishwasher, 9 Nov. 2013
Reall good for the kids packed lunches in the winter when you want to give them something hot. We do soup, pasta, stew etc and they all keep warm as long as you warm the flask with hot water first.

Only downside is you can't put them in the dishwasher hence only 4 stars

Incognito Natural Anti-Mozzie Insect Camouflage Spray DEET free Insect Repellent (100Ml)
Offered by Activecare Online

1.0 out of 5 stars Really wanted this to work..., 26 Nov. 2012
Unfortunately it just doesn't and I have 3 bottles left of this and one of the aftersun. We have tried this on several holidays and can vouch that it has worked on none of them. Every evening during our holiday in Italy this summer, before the sun went down, my wife and I would apply this liberally to exposed areas. We would then watch in fascination/despair as the mosquitos flew straight at us and started feeding. We even tried the incense sticks which give of a nice smell but do nothing to stop the mossies.

Such a shame as I am going to have to use DEET product in India in the new year (although I will take the remaining 3 bottles of this and update this review if they work)

Parade's End [DVD]
Parade's End [DVD]
Dvd ~ Benedict Cumberbatch

2.0 out of 5 stars Emperors New Clothes?, 13 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Parade's End [DVD] (DVD)
It seems like the TV reviewers for this show were afraid to tell the truth as they all seemed to love this adaptation. However it really is not great viewing and in the producer's attempts to cram so much into so little time it is as though every third word is missing - whole chunks of the story are incomprehensible. New characters are introduced so fast you don't catch their name and then referred to by other characters so you have no idea who they are talking about. I felt as though I watched this with cotton wool around my head. Before you blame me, the next night I watched The Best of Men about the foundation of the paralympics and it was fantastic, funny and moving.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 7, 2013 9:27 PM GMT

Cursive
Cursive

5.0 out of 5 stars Innovative and Exciting, 28 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Cursive (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book. The shifts from past to present and back again always made you miss where you had come from but excited about where you were going. I built up a love for Ralph and it was a pleasure to go with him on his journey to becoming a man. Everyone of the characters in the contemporary chapters was so brilliantly and fully written that they leapt from the page and I missed them considerably as the story moved on. This book has given me such a travel bug that I doubt I will be seeing this year out in England.

Page: 1 | 2