Profile for rp1974 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Master Class Whistling Kettle with Flip Spout, Stainless Steel, 2.3 Litres
Master Class Whistling Kettle with Flip Spout, Stainless Steel, 2.3 Litres

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Kettle, 31 Oct. 2010
I was looking for a brushed steel traditional kettle to go on an induction hob. This was to keep the new wooden worktop clear of potential spills, to make use of space, reduce wires and be energy efficient. The kettle is very smart and I particularly like the fact the valve/whistle does not come out fully but is released with the 'hinge' on the handle. The lid is a little tight but nothing too bad. We used to be able to fill the kettle up through the spout but have changed our tap and now cannot.The spout does not drip and the whistle is very loud. The handle is easy to grip and does not get hot. Very happy with this purchase and Amazon in general.

MDA Designs Kirra Real Wood Solid American Oak 26"-65" Flat Screeen TV Cabinet
MDA Designs Kirra Real Wood Solid American Oak 26"-65" Flat Screeen TV Cabinet

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Quality, 23 Oct. 2010
Arrived after only 2 days after ordering. Item was well packed and was a good job, as was in quite a state upon arrival. I wanted a cabinet easy to dust as our last one was fully open so this will be lots easier to maintain. Super piece of furniture - it puts to shame the other things we've bought for a similar even higher price. Being used to Ikea furniture to construct, this had lots already done for you, so was much simpler than expected. Beautiful oak. Perfect tv cabinet for our 37" plasma - leaves about 30cm either side of screen, so a good balance of space. Cupboards fit in plenty of dvds and 2 slots for hardware are a perfect fit for our Virgin HD box and Panasonic DVD player. Absolutely thrilled with this purchase.

Braun Oral-B Professional Care 6000 Rechargeable Toothbrush - Pack of 2
Braun Oral-B Professional Care 6000 Rechargeable Toothbrush - Pack of 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Super, 19 Jun. 2010
I was looking for children's electric toothbrushes as we go through the charater type ones (where the heads cannot be replaced) far too quickly. Normal toothbrushes do not get enough plaque off with my children's half hearted attempts so electric is the only way. Got these as they were a good buy with 2 bodies and 2 heads, only one charger but that's not a problem. They have been great - kids can use them fine (6yrs+9yrs). We are thinking the grown ups need these too, so will be getting some more soon.

Dust Bags For Miele GN Vacuum Cleaners Pack Of 20
Dust Bags For Miele GN Vacuum Cleaners Pack Of 20
Offered by SPARES-2-GO

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth a try, 19 Jun. 2010
I have a Mielle Sensor 5000. I have used a few of these bags now and although the capacity is slightly less than the Mielle originals, on balance they are a more economical. I have had no difficulties with the fitting of them and the quality of the bag is very good.

Fabulous Finds (Nintendo DS)
Fabulous Finds (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Clearance Game Deals

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for children new to DS world, 24 Jan. 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
My daughter (aged 6) tried a similar game as a trial on our PC and wanted a 'finding' game for her new DSi. I bought her Fabulous Finds and she, with my help, has managed to complete it. As the previous reviewer states it is repetitive, however my daughter found this reassuring and confidence building due to the fact she was new to the DS world.
The game itself has the goal of financing the redecoration of your new home. In order to do this you:
1) Find listed items to sell in a particular room at a time - sometimes these items need repairing/polishing etc. Occasionally the American way of naming objects was a puzzle but we overcame this via elimination.
2) Sell these found items to characters using clues as to who needs which item. This is timed, becomes increasingly difficult the further you get in the game and involves reading quickly - this is when my daughter needed help.
3) Once all items are sold the total money raised is shown and choices are given as to how much you spend on the room to decorate. There were usually 3 choices for each item (cheap, average and expensive) to furnish the room say with flooring, curtains, wallpaper and sofa.

This sequence is repeated for each room needing to be cleared and decorated. We finished the game over the space of a week (playing for say an hour a day) but we really enjoyed it and I enjoyed helping her and found it interesting how she would decorate rooms.

Rotary RLB00001/41/S Ladies Analogue Bracelet Watch
Rotary RLB00001/41/S Ladies Analogue Bracelet Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right!, 18 Jun. 2008
I'd been looking for a good all-round watch for ages and this really fits the bill. Not too big, not too small, not too flash and not too casual...just right! I went to John Lewis to check out and try on the one in store but then ordered from Amazon (very cheeky I know, but as this saved me £85 so I can live with myself).
I found the bracelet fitted just right but thought it could have had some extra links included (my wrists are deep not wide) so it fits like a normal watch rather than a loose type bangle.
I found setting the date and time fiddly as I'd not come accross this mechanism before - do read the instructions before attempting!
I was also impressed it's water resistant to 'dolphin standard' and that Rotary will replace batteries and reseal the watch via their service dept although I am unsure of charges after warranty expiration. Very pleased with this genuine watch and a super bargain from Amazon!

Disney Princess: Enchanted Journey (Wii)
Disney Princess: Enchanted Journey (Wii)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Girly Fun, 8 Mar. 2008
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
We bought this for our daughter aged 4, but as it needs both nunchuck and controller to be used at the same time, she was unable to play on her own. She does enjoy using the controller (which acts as the magic wand) but someone else has to use the nunchuck to control the princesses direction. Her favourite aspect is the dressing of the characters.
I am sure she will get used to using both controls at some point. This was her first game so she had no previous wii experience. We still recommend it for little girls.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks great......wont last., 14 Mar. 2007
We bought this hamster cage for my son's new hamster in December 2006. We thought it was a good combination of being visually exciting, offered tubular extensions and a wired portions for climbing. The reason I only rate this as 1 star is because it is March 2007 and I have thrown it away due to so many vital plastic parts falling off when cleaning and reassembling (which I do carefully). The cage became like a house of cards and ultimately unsecure for the hamster. We have now bought another more traditional cage which is far simpler to clean and reassemble but still with all the tubes and climbing opportunities. My son is happy that his hamster is happy.

Fisher-Price Dora's Talking House
Fisher-Price Dora's Talking House

4.0 out of 5 stars Very worthwhile - if you can find the accessories!, 3 Mar. 2007
We bought the Dora Talking House prior to its discontiuation and since then accessories are very difficult to find and really now only available online. Despite this, my 3 year old daughter loves the interactive nature of the house and it has loads of play value. If your child is a Dora fan then it's still a good buy as long as you can tollerate the sourcing of essential furniture and characters, which are designed to go with it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 1, 2013 9:03 PM GMT

Angelina's Pop-up Dancing School (Angelina Ballerina)
Angelina's Pop-up Dancing School (Angelina Ballerina)
by Katharine Holabird

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic buy for Angelina fans!, 26 Dec. 2006
This was bought for my 3 year old daughter and she loves it. Not just a story as the book folds back on its self to reveal different 3d scenes in the story (secured by tying a ribbon). Included are loads of pop out card characters and props to use in the scenes. Each scene set has lift the flap style windows, doors, wardrobes or balconies. Angelina can really be brought to life here - it's so much more than a book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4