Profile for Susan Barnes > Reviews

Susan Barnes

Sudoku Free
Sudoku Free

5.0 out of 5 stars good game, 11 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Sudoku Free (App)
Not too difficult even on the hard game so great for beginners. I would prefer a more difficult game but this app is OK.

ECOSMO 24" New Folding Ladies Shopper City Bicycle Bike 6 SP SHIMANO -24CF01W
ECOSMO 24" New Folding Ladies Shopper City Bicycle Bike 6 SP SHIMANO -24CF01W

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for the price paid, 9 Oct. 2013
I bought this bike as I needed a low 'step-thru' due to stiffness in my knees. I was struggling to get my leg over the crossbar on my ladies mountain bike and had been looking at bikes for a while. I am only 5ft tall so I also needed an adjustable handlebar post and an adjustable saddle post. This bike seemed to have everything I needed and the lowest height of the saddle looked to be OK for me. However, I am struggling to get on the saddle, even at its lowest setting, so I don't think this bike is the best choice for anyone shorter than 5'2". Having said all that, there really wasn't anything else out there that met my needs. I will no doubt get used to the bike once I have ridden it a few times. A good point is that the saddle is quite comfortable. Even so, I have put a gel cover on it which makes it even more comfy but, unfortunately, adds slightly to the height! I would recommend this bike (if you don't mind the rather bright white colour)for anyone with long legs or who is over 5'2" tall.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 4, 2014 10:52 PM GMT

Great Britain Road Map Atlas
Great Britain Road Map Atlas

5.0 out of 5 stars Electronic UK road map, 30 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Great Britain Road Map Atlas (App)
Bought this for my Kindle Fire after a weekend away. The satnav took us to all sorts of places we didn't want, or expect, to go to! Forgot to take the road atlas so had to stop and ask directions several times. This electronic road map works without access to the internet so no Wi-Fi needed and can be used in the car anytime. Very handy if you want to see the bigger picture and do not want to rely solely on the satnav. If using your Kindle Fire in strong sunlight I would suggest buying the 'ScreenDim' app so you can read the screen. Would recommend.

Calculator Plus
Calculator Plus

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent calculator, 30 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Calculator Plus (App)
I purchased this app for my Kindle Fire and am extremely pleased with it. The Kindle turns into a large calculator! Easy to use, easy to read screen, and handy to keep in your bag. Would recommend to anyone with a Kindle Fire needing a large screen calculator. Not sure how good it would be on a smart phone but for the price it is worth a try.

Yahoo Mail - Free Email App
Yahoo Mail - Free Email App

5.0 out of 5 stars Yahoo Mail on my Kindle Fire, 17 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Yahoo Mail - Free Email App (App)
I couldn't understand why I had trouble accessing my emails on my Kindle Fire so went on line and this was recommended. I loaded it and now can access my emails anywhere as long as I have a Wi-Fi connection. I don't think the Kindle Fire is any good for emails unless you download this app.

Sonogel Electrode Gel
Sonogel Electrode Gel

3.0 out of 5 stars Conducts, 17 Aug. 2013
I bought this gel in the hope it would extend the life of my Tens Machine pads as they had lost their stickiness. Unfortunately they didn't make the pads stick to the skin any better but they did make the current stronger. Not sure what I will need the gel for in future but it is there if I need it!

Healthcare World 12 Stud Tens Pads For Beurer sanitas Tens Machines
Healthcare World 12 Stud Tens Pads For Beurer sanitas Tens Machines
Offered by Healthcare World Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the original, 15 July 2013
I purchased these to replace the pads I got with the product. The original pads had lost their stickiness after a few weeks and were no longer any use. The pads I bought from Healthcare World were much stickier than the Sanitas pads and have lasted much longer than the originals. There is no residue left on the skin after use and I am still using the first four pads after a month with no sign yet that they need to be replaced. With another 8 pads to go I won't need to re-order for a while but will definitely go back to Healthcare World for the next supply. Highly recommended.

Beurer 8 Electrode Set
Beurer 8 Electrode Set
Offered by The TENS + Company Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Service, 15 July 2013
I purchased these for my Tens Machine, purchased from Lidle, but on receipt realised they were the wrong size fitting for my machine. I emailed Hopi to explain and they told me I required large stud Tens Pads. I returned the item via Amazon and got a refund within a couple of days. No complaints but unable to review the product for quality or effectiveness as I couldn't use them on my machine. However, I would use Hopi in future if they had a product I needed.

ScreenDim Full
ScreenDim Full

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential App for Kindle Fire, 15 July 2013
This review is from: ScreenDim Full (App)
I downloaded the free trial version and after an hour purchased the full version as it made such a huge difference. I can now read my e-books on my Kindle Fire in the garden and on the beach in full sun. I would have paid ten times the amount for this App as the Kindle was impossible to read in sunlight before I downloaded ScreenDim. An essential App for Kindle Fire for pennies! Highly recommended.

ScreenDim Trial
ScreenDim Trial

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential App for Kindle Fire, 15 July 2013
This review is from: ScreenDim Trial (App)
What is the point of an E-book if you can't read it in the garden or on the beach? This app makes it possible to do both. I only tried the free trial for an hour and immediately bought the full version. Essential for using the Kindle Fire in daylight. Highly recommended.