Profile for J > Reviews

AA Car Essentials 5060114614604 Windscreen Frost and Sun Protection Shield
AA Car Essentials 5060114614604 Windscreen Frost and Sun Protection Shield
Price: 6.96

2.0 out of 5 stars Buying was a mistake, 1 Aug 2014
Good quick delivery but sadly I made a mistake in buying this product. I am too lazy to bother with opening and closing two doors to attach it securely from the outside. I find it annoying. I should have bought a product that stuck up quickly from the inside which would have taken a couple of seconds. Perhaps this says more about me than the product!

Nerf Vortex Mega Howler Football
Nerf Vortex Mega Howler Football
Offered by Collectors Kingdom
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 30 July 2014
Good fun, bright and flies a good distance

Sumex 4410008 3-Layer Lateral Sun Shade with UV Protection 38 x 65 cm (2 Pieces)
Offered by MP 1st Class Supplies
Price: 7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 30 July 2014
Good coverage for my ford fiesta windows. One of the suckers wasn't as well formed as the others but it still sticks so that is ok.

Violin Star 3, Student's book, with CD (Violin Star (ABRSM))
Violin Star 3, Student's book, with CD (Violin Star (ABRSM))
by Edward Huws Jones
Price: 7.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Child friendly, 30 July 2014
My sons follow this programme. Good tunes.

Multi Coloured PVC Plastic Bunting Banner 10 Metre Long 20 Flags Pennant Double Sided Indoor & Outdoor Party Decoration
Offered by ROCK LTD
Price: 1.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice colours, 30 July 2014
Bought these for a barn dance and these went really well with the multicolour balloons that I bought.

Schleich Smurf Set Movie 2013
Schleich Smurf Set Movie 2013
Offered by Tom's Toys of Beverly Hills
Price: 11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Pricey but good quality, 29 Dec 2013
I bought these before we saw the film. Shame that this film wasn't as good as the first so if he will recreate scenes he will probably need the set that came out with the previous film.

Schleich Large House
Schleich Large House
Price: 23.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: Schleich Large House (Toy)
Well made, good attention to detail. Has working doors and windows and the roof comes off so easy to access his figures.

Masterplug SRG102C 10 Gang Surge Protected Tower Extension Lead 2m 13 Amp
Masterplug SRG102C 10 Gang Surge Protected Tower Extension Lead 2m 13 Amp
Price: 19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job nicely, 29 Dec 2013
Nice and compact, tidies our cables in the tv cupboard and good price. That is all I can say really.

NEW 12PCS The Smurfs Picnic Action Figure Toy Set
NEW 12PCS The Smurfs Picnic Action Figure Toy Set

3.0 out of 5 stars Good variety of characters but quality could be better, 29 Dec 2013
Our son loved these as he is smurf mad and this set has all the main smurfs ( though not the baddies) but they were cheap so I wasn't surprised when after only a week of playing with them the nose has started to fall off one of them. However I feel that this smurf thing may be a phase for my son and he got other Xmas presents so we can live with this.

A Song of Ice and Fire (1) - A Game of Thrones
A Song of Ice and Fire (1) - A Game of Thrones
by George R. R. Martin
Price: 3.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Closest reading comes to watching tv, 29 Dec 2013
The author should be commended for creating such a complex world. I like the multiple storytellers, it was very easy to read (addictively so), the grand plots and visual scenes. It is a rollicking romp, with heroes, villans, dragons and zombies, giants and wolves. For people who like connecting with characters though it could be better. There is so much story to get through we slightly rush past how the likeable characters are affected emotionally. As a reader when a rape happens I should care, when something violent happens I should feel something. When a person's brother/ father dies shouldn't we cry too? That is my only criticism. At no point did I feel fear, did my heart beat faster. The reader is always at a safe distance. In other books I can imagine myself as the character - I feel what they feel - never here.

That said it is a lot of fun and as he has left the story open I would read the other books if they were given to me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3