Profile for MummaV > Reviews

Content by MummaV

MummaV "MummaV" (South London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
**ORIGINAL**SHEA BUTTER LEAVE IN CONDITIONER /HAIR CARE FOR MIXED TEXTURES 425ml
Offered by Beauty N Care 4 U Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Really love this., 24 April 2014
I used Cantu shea leave in but disliked the residue that it left and was hesitant to try another leave in on my sons hair. I was in an afro hair shop buying Shea Moisture products and bought this as (incidentally it is only) £2 odd in the hair shops. I have not stopped using it since. I was really into the LOC method before I found this but I knew that the butter I was using was too heavy for my sons (3c) hair type as it's getting longer, so now I detangle, apply this liberally and then use an oil to seal it all in. I really love it! I'm not sure if it's because I am co-washing at least twice a week now but I don't notice any residue at all. Also if I apply it before bed, the next morning it is almost reactivated with water! Never thought I would love a £2 product so much, I've spent loooooaaaaads on supposedly better products!

Taliah Waajid Kinky, Wavy Style & Shine
Taliah Waajid Kinky, Wavy Style & Shine
Offered by Afro Love

1.0 out of 5 stars Hated this., 24 April 2014
No doubt that this holds curls...until it dries, goes all crunchy and then the white flaky residue appears. Such an unnatural product. It's sticky as well, really sticky instead of slippery. Disliked it immensley. Would never buy again.

In the Meantime: Music That Tells the Story
In the Meantime: Music That Tells the Story

5.0 out of 5 stars For the book and the music..., 8 April 2014
This CD has helped me in my darkest times. I've read the book at least twice and had the CD for longer - at least 15 years, I still listen to it periodically but not as much as I used to, the music and the words of wisdom spoken by Iyanla just spoke to me at a time when I really needed it the most.

Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel
Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel
Offered by Online4Perfume

5.0 out of 5 stars A pure wonder gel., 20 Mar 2014
I bought this initially as it seems to be a very popular product on natural hair forums, it wasn't expensive and I thought I'd like to give it a go (for my son, not me..). I actually love the effect it had on his hair, it retains moisture without residue or build up. Then my son got bitten in the face (he was actually bitten twice in the face, by two different kids, he must just look really delicious *shrugs*, the first time, I had no idea this product even existed and the scar took a good while to disappear), so I thought I'd use it just to see what would happen, sure enough, in about a month or so, there was absolutely no trace of a scar on his face....and that's not all, oh no that's not all......I was also using a very expensive (to me!) Clinique cream to reduce the redness in my cheeks, I started using this and it had much the same effect for a fraction of the price! To add....I get a summer rash, every summer without fail, really bad rash up the back of my legs, for me I feel it's really unattractive and try to cover it up which just makes me more uncomfortable, I applied this to my rash last year summer and I won't lie and say it completely cleared it up but it was a lot less irritating and a whole heap less angry and red. I couldn't get to the doctor for my magic cream and so applied this for the few days beforehand, it really helped to relieve the itching.

I realise that this is not the 100% product it claims to be but jeez Louise...I adore it. There are many YouTube videos expressing the same sentiment...mostly regarding natural afro hair, I am totally with them on this...it's pretty damn awesome.

SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus KIDS Curling Buttercream 6oz
SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus KIDS Curling Buttercream 6oz
Offered by Afro Love

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth asking if your regular hair shop can stock this., 19 Mar 2014
This is a fairly inexpensive hair product in the US (paying around $10 per item) but we are being charged a fortune for it over here. I walked into my regular hair shop today and found the whole line in stock for at least £5 less than I've seen it online anywhere, this product alone, was literally HALF the price you'd pay online with P&P. Worth showing the shop the brand and having them stock it. This is a highly rated natural hair product.

Now for the review... I got this for my son and lord ...I adore it. I've used a lot of hair creams before this one (even following Naptural85's recipe) but they tend to just wipe off on either the buggy, car seat, or you'd never actually know he'd had any applied after his nap. I've seen a lot of reviews on YouTube on hair that is a lot more coarse than his hair type (3C) and everyone seems to adore it, I really have to agree with the general consensus on this one. It smells luscious and at the end of a long day, his hair still looks moisturised and curly rather than dry and frizzy. It's a quality product, I don't think I will ever stray from this brand now but would never buy it online. I've been using a lot of Curly Q products but again, online they're so expensive that Shea Moisture is definitely the way forward from now on.
Comment Comment | Permalink

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth checking to see if your local hair shop can stock it., 19 Mar 2014
This is a fairly inexpensive hair product in the US (paying around $10 per item) but we are being charged a fortune for it over here. I walked into my regular hair shop today and found the whole line in stock for at least £5 less than I've seen it online anywhere. Worth showing the shop what you're looking for and having them stock it. This is a highly rated natural hair product.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 15, 2014 8:24 PM BST

1 Litre Sweet Almond Oil - 100% Pure Cold Pressed
1 Litre Sweet Almond Oil - 100% Pure Cold Pressed
Offered by Naissance

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product., 19 Mar 2014
I use this as a oil treatment after shampooing (if I do shampoo) and/or before co-washing my sons hair. I like it, his hair feels very soft afterwards. I chose this oil mainly because of the price and quantity but found out it has vitamin E in it anyway, so that's a real bonus for the price.

Shea Moisturee Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner 13oz
Shea Moisturee Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner 13oz
Offered by Blue Herbs

5.0 out of 5 stars Get your local hair shop to stock it..., 19 Mar 2014
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 11, 2014 7:06 PM GMT

Ben and Holly's Little K. Vol. 5 - The North Pole [DVD]
Ben and Holly's Little K. Vol. 5 - The North Pole [DVD]
Offered by rsdvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth buying just for Acorn Day.., 25 Feb 2014
My son is not really a fan of B&H but I make him watch it because I really love it. Acorn Day has to be the funniest episode of a kids TV show that I have EVER seen, I can't even explain what happens without crying with laughter. Seriously, it's genius.

Won't buy this for my son - will buy it for me, I might let him watch it.

Charles Jacobs Raptor style ride-on Quad bike for kids, 12V battery powered (Black)
Offered by Mk-trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 13 Feb 2014
The battery power is amazing, it has so much power that we had to purchase a riding helmet in case our 3 year old was thrown off the back, it's brilliant!!! We take it for walks into the woods with us and our son loves riding it through puddles and over the grass, it doesn't lose speed on grass or small hills/banks (can't rate it on mountains as we don't live anywhere near one. unfortunately) it's an absolutely awesome product!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7