Profile for MummaV > Reviews

Content by MummaV

MummaV "MummaV" (South London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Jamaican Black Castor Oil Hair Food
Jamaican Black Castor Oil Hair Food
Offered by Buy Zone Direct

2.0 out of 5 stars Thought it was a good product until I read the ingedients....*edited review*., 9 Dec. 2013
...and giving this little beauty all the glory. I've tried just about every oil and settled for JBCO as a staple so when I saw this, I didn't hesitate to purchase. Every other hair cream fades in comparison, I'll settle for pure unrefined shea butter if this isn't available (although the hair food is easier to work into the hair) but I just love the effects this has on my sons hair. He has a mixed texture, African/European, 3c mostly and it's not at all hard to manage but can look dry in the back sometimes. This product lasts all day and can still look moisturised after a full nights sleep. His hair feels healthy, looks well defined and nourished. I absolutely adore this. It is a little expensive for such a small pot but a little goes a long way and like I said, it is excellent! I've never met a sealant like it for sealing the oil and moisture into his hair.

(I use the LOC method when applying this product; After dampening down I apply a leave in conditioner, detangle, then work some JBCO through his hair and then - in sections - I apply this product and smooth it from root to tip, this helps seal in the moisture and oil. Always looks beautiful once finished).

***edited - Since I wrote this review, I have found in my research that this product contains beeswax and that ingredient is not very good for afro hair, tending to dry it out and attracting dirt. It is as bad as using petroleum based products - so I have discontinued the use. Although I stand by my review, I think the unseen damage I could be doing to his hair is what I try to keep in mind.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 13, 2014 10:31 PM GMT

Mini Blender Baby Food Fruit Chopper Mixer Grinder Maker Processor Lindam
Mini Blender Baby Food Fruit Chopper Mixer Grinder Maker Processor Lindam

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as a hand blender., 15 Nov. 2013
I got this to blend my sons food, we tend to blend a lot of peppers so I didn't want to spice up his food unecessarily. It's quite rubbish really, usually if I'm blending something, I like to allow it to blend while doing something else but because you have to stand there with your hand on the 'blend' button, you can't move from it. I could honestly make a better puree with a knife and chopping board, this really wasn't worth the money and never blended to a smooth puree. I ended up buying a hand blender and that worked so much better.

TWIN BOTTLE TOP & BASE COAT UV NAIL GEL Soak Off Professional 10ml x 2
TWIN BOTTLE TOP & BASE COAT UV NAIL GEL Soak Off Professional 10ml x 2
Offered by All2trade

5.0 out of 5 stars Beginner!, 19 Aug. 2013
I recently decided I would like to get in the nail game - just on myself rather than commercially and bought this product thinking as a double pack, I couldn't really go wrong. I've no complaints, it's a brilliant product. Would definitely buy again.

Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Conditioning Curl/Style Milk 236 ml
Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Conditioning Curl/Style Milk 236 ml
Offered by Adams Beauty

1.0 out of 5 stars Love this - hate the price...what a rip off..., 22 July 2013
A friend of mine's father went to Flori-duh and brought back some SM products that I've been using on my son for a while. I do absolutely love this but was looking online for a top up....and found this..at this price..vendor, are you serious? Curly Emporium [...] sell this at a fraction of the cost, this is absolutely the biggest rip off I've ever encountered, this retails for $10 in the US.
Sorry for the 1* review of a 5* product but no-one should enter into this vendors greed without being pre-warned.
This is a brilliant product, it doesn't leave residue, I mix it with pure 100% aloe vera gel and my sons hair stays looking good all day. Really, really recommend it at another price.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 19, 2013 8:24 AM BST

TeckNet 7.1 Channel Surround Sound Headband Vibration Gaming Headset Over-Ear Headphone With Microphone For PC Computer Gaming, USB Connection
Offered by Hippidion.Store

5.0 out of 5 stars iPad 2, 8 July 2013
I use this to keep my iPad safe from knocks and general wear. It's really good quality for £10. Would recommend.

Eurosonic Clip-on Fan With Tilt For Desk Or Shelf 2 Speed Diameter 6" Ref : Es176 White 6"
Offered by Strictly Lamps

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fan., 8 July 2013
Clip is strong, easy to assemble. Great fan speed...I actually use this for my nails but I am cold while its on so I think yes, it's quite good and does what it's supposed to do.

Calm Down Boris! (Sam Lloyd Series)
Calm Down Boris! (Sam Lloyd Series)
by Stella Gurney

5.0 out of 5 stars So much fun!, 8 July 2013
My son loves this book, plays with Boris himself, loves the story and really interacts with it so well! It's a very cute book.

The Edge Nail Art Foil Nail Foil Adhesive - 3001230
The Edge Nail Art Foil Nail Foil Adhesive - 3001230

5.0 out of 5 stars Many different uses!, 8 July 2013
I use this to stick glitter to my nails, it dries translucent, very handy. Can also be used to add colour with eyeshadow (on nails!) and stick diamontes on. Very good, all thanks due to Robin Moses Nail Artist for the idea.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Gel 32 Ounce
Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Gel 32 Ounce
Offered by healthy@happy

2.0 out of 5 stars It's ok., 12 Jun. 2013
I use this in smoothies since I went and purchased a pure 100% AV gel. It's ok but it's very watery and just not as good as the pure one.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 16, 2015 8:15 PM BST

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Not brilliant., 12 Jun. 2013
It rides up, rolls and doesn't cover enough space. I use it at night over a longer one but otherwise, wouldn't recommend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8