Profile for Mrs. S. Atkins > Reviews

Content by Mrs. S. Atkins

Mrs. S. Atkins (Hertfordshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Nextbase Click & Go Click 7 Lite Portable DVD Player with Car Safe Stanchion Mounting System
Offered by 3wisemonkeys Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Great DVD player and mount, but no SD card slot!, 22 Oct 2013
The product description clearly states there is a card slot but sadly, no, there definitely isn't, hence the lower rating. No other issue - it's a chunky player feeling nice and sturdy, and it will be good for long journeys.

Magic Tree House #29: Christmas in Camelot
Magic Tree House #29: Christmas in Camelot

5.0 out of 5 stars One more great story for my little boy, 1 Feb 2012
I grabbed the first magic treehouse book second hand when my son was 4... and he got completely hooked. He absolutely loves Jack and Annie, we have lots of books now and this is yet one more story to capture his imagination (well, knights, Christmas and magic - what more do you need at 5 years old!).
We got the Kindle edition this time and it worked very well, so I expect we will expand the collection that way and save a little space on the bookshelves - and never forget to take stories on holidays again!

Supergets Apple Iphone 4 , 4s Pink Top Flip Leather Case With Card Holder,Screen Protector And Polishing Cloth

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice little phone case, 1 Feb 2012
I was worried as it was very cheap, but this is a nice simple little phone case, reasonnably made and the holes are well aligned so no port or button is covered (and the camera works fine too with the case on).
It comes without any explanation on how to fit the screen cover (novice here - never had a smartphone before), but if I can work it out, everyone should be able to as well.
The little stylus as a bonus is actually a lot more useful than I expected (fat fingers syndrom) - very light and cheap, but surprisingly does the job very well.

Crayola Metallic Markers (5 Pack)
Crayola Metallic Markers (5 Pack)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely pens, 17 Oct 2011
These have nice bright mettalic colours and a very nice feel when writing. And of course they work as well on light and dark paper.

Pocket Balloon Pump
Pocket Balloon Pump
Offered by Emma's Party Stuff by EJG Supplies Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good little pump, 17 Oct 2011
This review is from: Pocket Balloon Pump (Toy)
This made easy work of inflating about 70 balloons during a birthday party - and it has plenty of life left in it as well. I had used a cheap one before (those sold with ballons as 'beginners kits') and this is so much nicer to use, and feels much better built.

Qualatex 260Q Modelling Balloons, Traditional Assortment
Qualatex 260Q Modelling Balloons, Traditional Assortment
Offered by CrownDodo

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality modelling balloons, 17 Oct 2011
While it took a little training to find the best way to tie the knots (as in you need to inflate, then let some air out so you have enough flexibility to actually tie the know), these worked very well and the children were very happy. If not handled too roughly (for obvious reasons, the balloon swords did not last as well as the animals...), these lasted very well and did not deflate too fast either.
I've ordered some more as my son and his friends really liked them.

Interpet Gold Aquatic Gravel Cleaner - Gravel Cleaner
Interpet Gold Aquatic Gravel Cleaner - Gravel Cleaner
Offered by AQUA KOI

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for cleaning fine gravel, 17 Oct 2011
This is really easy to use and not messy either - and it gets the gravel in our fishtank nice and clean while making a partial change of tank water very simple.
And to top it all it was a lot cheaper than the equivalent at Pets at Home, so I'm very pleased with it.

Astrosaurs: The Hatching Horror
Astrosaurs: The Hatching Horror
by Steve Cole

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series of books for yound Dinosaur lover!, 17 Oct 2011
My 5 years old really loved this book, and we now have 4 of the series (and will be getting more for Christmas I expect). He is Dino-mad, so a set of stories about them not being extinct at all was bound to work for him, but there are quite a few jokes he won't understand for a while, so I expect he will enjoy these books for years to come (and we enjoy reading them to him as well).

Astrosaurs: The Seas Of Doom
Astrosaurs: The Seas Of Doom
by Steve Cole

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series of books for yound Dinosaur lover!, 17 Oct 2011

Little Mermaid Lootbags, Pack of 8
Little Mermaid Lootbags, Pack of 8
Offered by partystarz

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little party bags, 17 Oct 2011
Nice little party bags - obviously these are never meant to hold a lot of heavy toys, but the girls really liked them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3