Profile for John L.Sothcott > Reviews

Content by John L.Sothcott

John L.Sothcott

The Glass Room (Vera Stanhope Book 5)
The Glass Room (Vera Stanhope Book 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars ... what I expected but the Jane gardham was a disappointment in view of her past work, 1 Dec. 2014
Most of these purchases were abut what I expected but the Jane gardham was a disappointment in view of her past work.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2014 8:59 AM GMT

Volume Three, The Surgeon's Mate / The Ionian Mission / Treason's Harbour (The Aubrey-Maturin Chronicles)
by Patrick O'brian

3.0 out of 5 stars An Abridgement too Far., 27 April 2014
Patrick O'brien's books are well written and well loved. I only bought these abridged versions because I could not find any unabridged audiobook versions. However, so much had been left out that the rest hardly made sense

The Righteous (Righteous Series)
The Righteous (Righteous Series)

2.0 out of 5 stars A Book that began well but deteriorated into Rubbish, 27 April 2014
The writing style is alright but the subject matter is unbelievable and possibly libelous for the Morman community I felt it was an insult to my intelligence.

Mighty and Strong (Righteous Series)
Mighty and Strong (Righteous Series)

2.0 out of 5 stars Writing Stlye better than the Plot, 27 April 2014
It began in aniteresting fashion but deteriorated into utter rubbish. I do not know a lot about the Morman religion but I doubt if it is as bad as this book suggests.

Best Of Britain's Political Cartoons 2013
Best Of Britain's Political Cartoons 2013
by Timothy S. Benson

5.0 out of 5 stars An Ideal Stocking Filler for Adults, 9 Dec. 2013
I bought it as a fun gift for my son. It is exactly as I expected and I am sure he will have few chuckles over it. Of course the subject matter will soon date but this is not important.

Schubert: Winterreise
Schubert: Winterreise

5.0 out of 5 stars I play this repeatedly., 23 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Schubert: Winterreise (Audio CD)
Schubert's Wintereise with Fischer- Diskau
This, although quite old, is still one of the best recordings available. The singing is almost too perfect for the lyrics.