Profile for Cams Mum > Reviews

Content by Cams Mum

Cams Mum "Sue" (Gloucestershire)

BREAKING THE SILENCE
BREAKING THE SILENCE

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC YOUNG TALENT, 2 April 2011
This review is from: BREAKING THE SILENCE (Audio CD)
I first discovered this awesomely talented young 4 piece Brighton based band as a support act to Theory of a Deadman. From the moment they hit the stage I was blown away by their energy & their polished musical talents. This is their long awaited debut album and one they should be extremely proud of. Some of the tracks on this self funded album have been doing the rounds for a number of years but have been "touched up" for the album. The opener "Cooking in the kitchen" starts you off on what is a mix of hard hitting riffs, & leads you through an album of some beautiful spanish guitar and amazing lyrics. Ryan's Vocals are clear & stunning while the mix of Ryan's & Carlos's guitars are like strawberries & cream, a perfect match. The beautifully sung "Spinning Wheel" will have the hair on the back of your neck standing up on end while the awesome Silently screaming will just blow you away. The anthemic "High" never fails to get the hands in the air at a Crave gig. It was also nice to see the inclusion of "The Stray" & "Right Side of the Tracks" - possibly a nod to Ryan's musical hero Tom Petty - not on the initial release of the CD which was limited to only 300. All in all this is an album of 13 stunning tracks from a band that deserves to get to the top of their ladder. Their musical integrity & a belief in what they are doing is clearly evident with every track. If their previous touring C.V. is anything to go by - Deep Purple, Status Quo, Shinedown, Buckcherry & Theory of a deadman to name but a few it won't be long before we are all hearing The Crave on the radio and thinking "wow, who are they?". Go on do yourself & the boys a favour and buy "Breaking the Silence". You really won't regret it. And if you get a chance, check em out on tour. See ya there.

Scatter The Crows
Scatter The Crows
Offered by Big World UK

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing introduction...., 18 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Scatter The Crows (Audio CD)
to a new band for me. I was put onto Slaves by someone who told me they were supporting Alter bridge on their UK tour this year. I gave them a listen on youtube and liked what I heard so bought the album and I have to say this is one of the best albums I've bought in a long time. Now can't wait to see them. There's not a bad track on this album and I was hooked straight away. Awesome bring on album no 2.

Scars & Souvenirs [Explicit Lyrics]
Scars & Souvenirs [Explicit Lyrics]
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars BOUGHT ON THE STRENGTH OF BAD GIRLFRIEND..., 18 May 2009
As the title says I bought this on the strength of bad girlfriend. This is a great album. I've heard loads of people compare this band to Nickelback and that's not such a bad thing. After all the great man Chad does have them signed to his record label. Not overly keen on End of the summer but one poorer track on an album is allowed when the rest are as good as this. Fun tracks like Hate my life mixed with the softer things my father said make this a must have album in my book.

Little Ceasar
Little Ceasar
Offered by EliteDigital UK

5.0 out of 5 stars NEWLY EDUCATED AND GLAD OF IT...., 18 May 2009
This review is from: Little Ceasar (Audio CD)
My husband introduced me to this band only recently when he was playing an old tape in the car. I love classic rock and this is an amazing album. Down and dirty is a great opening track and the rest just rock. Some have a real bluesy feel to them which reminded me of Richie Sambora - stranger in this town, now that is a good album if you like your rock mixed with blues. Forget about Bon Jovi when you listen to that album. Sorry anyway I was lucky enough to find a copy on e-bay and was glad of it. Another classic to add to the CD collection. Well worth the bidding process to get my hands on it. If you're lucky enough to get hold of this album, hang on to it, it's a classic.

Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars THEY'VE GONE AND DONE IT AGAIN !!!!!!!, 19 Nov. 2008
This review is from: Dark Horse (Audio CD)
I like so many other Nickelback fans were waiting with bated breath for this album. I was lucky enough to get my hands on my copy a few days before the release date. I put it on cranked up the volume and was blown away. Once again Nickelback have done their fans proud. This album is awesome from the outset. A fantastic mix of heavy guitar work from Ryan, Chads amazingly gravelly voice and fantastic lyrics - some of which won't make it onto the radio - make this yet another fantastic album from one of if not the best rock band of the new millenium. Its a true mix of everything that Nickelback do best.Bring on the 2009 tour.