Profile for dotvicky > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Broadway B1 Digital Piano - Dark Rosewood
Broadway B1 Digital Piano - Dark Rosewood

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully weighted piano, 4 Jun. 2016
Beautifully weighted piano. Good sound. Simple recording of single piece that you can play back. Haven't tried anything more complicated than this as just treating it like a normal piano that never goes out of tune and you can put headphones in to!
Ed: Started to use a few more features - the metronome is pretty much useless as you are forced to give it a time signature and the lack of digital display means you have no idea how fast or slow it is.

Wireless Doorbell, JETech® Portable Wireless DoorBell Chime Plug-in Push Button with LED Indicator Over 50 Chimes, No Batteries Required for the Receiver - White
Offered by JEDirect UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking & easy to use. Ridiculous sounds/tunes!, 16 Mar. 2016
Pros: Definitely works and incredibly easy to set up. Both the receiver and the doorbell are very smart looking. Volume should be plenty in most normal size houses.

Cons: Oh my goodness, there's literally only 1 of the 52 doorbell sounds that isn't completely ridiculous! If my son hadn't drawn all over the box I would definitely be sending it back. As it is, I'm going to have to accept the single sound (the default I believe) that isn't too awful.

PThink 0.3mm Ultra-thin Tempered Glass Screen Protector for OnePlus One with 9H Hardness/Anti-scratch/Fingerprint resistant (OnePlus One)
Offered by PThink UK Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing beats a good tempered glass screen protector, 9 Feb. 2016
Spend the extra money. Nothing touches a good quality tempered glass screen cover. No bubbles, amazing touch feel and takes a battering.

Traxx 8051 Self-Inking DIY Text Rubber Stamp kit up to 3 Lines of Text 3mm Character Height
Offered by Stamp Design 4U

4.0 out of 5 stars Used every day for months now taking it out of ..., 30 Jan. 2016
Used every day for months now taking it out of my pocket or having hang from my scrubs and using it 20 to 30 times a day. Works very well. Lost one letter once and that's it.

Native Union Jump Cable/Charger with Micro USB Connector - Slate
Native Union Jump Cable/Charger with Micro USB Connector - Slate
Offered by Native Union™

2.0 out of 5 stars Tempermental charging of my Oneplus at best. Works as a cable (sometimes) but I have ..., 22 Jan. 2016
Temperamental charging of my Oneplus at best. Works as a cable (sometimes) but I have no idea what the throughput is... not very much. Only occasionally actually works as a powerbank. And pretty much impossible to pull the ends out of the case without very strong nails or a knife/screwdriver. Great idea - very poorly executed unfortunately.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 25, 2016 3:32 AM GMT

NCV ICB HB (International Childrens Bible)
NCV ICB HB (International Childrens Bible)
by NO AUTHOR

1.0 out of 5 stars Sure - they've gotten rid of the forsooths and the verilys. Shame about the incest and rape., 21 Jun. 2015
I bought this bible for my 8-year-old son who 'want[s] to know about the life of Jesus and like[s] the numbers.' I liked that it's got a little introduction and that there are some friendly pictures.

However, and perhaps this is naive of me, the Bible, especially the Old Testament in its entirety is *not* appropriate reading for a child in my opinion. Driving the kids to school one morning, I listened in increasing horror as my son read out the following passage aloud:

Genesis 19:31 - "One day the older daughter said to the younger, 'Our father is old. Everywhere on the earth women and men marry. But there are no men around here fur us to marry. Let's get our father drunk. Then we can have sexual relations with him." It goes on to explain how they got him drunk and had sex with him and that he didn't remember. They got pregnant and produced children who would become two races on earth.

Now, maybe I'm an over-protective mum but I'm not a big fan of my son reading about getting people so drunk that you can have sex with them so they don't remember especially when that person is your dad. Drunkeness, incest and rape weren't things I was planning on covering with my son just yet.

Ed: My new 'favourite' passage is Deuteronomy 22:13-29 where they explain all the ways a woman who is raped should be killed for being raped and helpfully, because it's a book for the kiddies after all, they convert '50 shekels of silver' into 'about two third of a kilogram of silver'.

TeckNet Bluetooth 4.0 In Car Audio Connect AUX-Bluetooth With Music Control,Dual USB Charging ports and 3.5mm Stereo Audio Jack for iPod iPad iPhone 6S 6Plus SE 5S 5 Smart Phones and more
Offered by Hippidion.Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money and works well even if it's not much of a looker!, 20 Jun. 2015
This is a perfectly decent Bluetooth transmitter. It's certainly comparable to ones I've used before. This means that I do have to tweak the broadcasting frequency when doing long motorway journeys because it gets interference from other externally transmitted stations. I'm not sure if it could be more powerful as I assume that this would cause problems for other road users (!?) and it may also be an issue with my car's poor quality radio. It's certainly reliable (always broadcasts, always connects to my phone automatically) and good value for money.

The lost star is because:
- it's not exactly good looking!
- the buttons are a bit fiddly to use and not amazingly intuitive.

Kamor® Kindle Paperwhite Case Cover Leather Flip Pouch Wallet Sleeve with Stylus pen (accessories) & Magnetic Flap Closure, Auto Sleep Wake Function, Simple & Thin & Lightweight book style for New Built-in Light 2013 new generation & 2012 previous generation Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 6" 3G / Wi-Fi + 3G (will not fit Kindle or Kindle Touch)- Brown

Wool (Wool Trilogy)
Wool (Wool Trilogy)
by Hugh Howey

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 16 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Wool (Wool Trilogy) (Paperback)
Loved it... think my husband loved it less because I've been neglecting the rest of my life while I finished it. Heheh.

A great concept, a real page-turner. Can see why it's been likened to "The Hunger Games" which I also enjoyed... but this is better! Go read!

(And check out his website as well. *So* much right with it - from the link to allow you to pay for the book retrospectively if you managed to obtain a... dodgy copy... to the fan-stuff that he's got on there... to the whole way he's showing that good writing will find a way to make it out in this world of self-publishing.)

The Gro Company Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer
The Gro Company Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 6 Feb. 2013
An excellent idea well done. This isn't going to be the magic panacea for all your kiddie-sleep problems but it *does* allow you to be consistent with your children before they can tell the time by reading it. Such an excellent item for any parent.

Page: 1 | 2