Profile for tricky dicky > Reviews

Content by tricky dicky

tricky dicky

Biosync Finger Pulse Oximeter & Heart Rate Monitor w/ Instructions, Lanyard & Case - Dark Blue
Offered by Crocagabana

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little gizmo, 26 April 2014
Brought this to continue checking my wife's oxygen stats when she came out of hospital. Great bit of kit for the money.

LINDY NC-40 20425 Active Noise Cancelling Headphones
LINDY NC-40 20425 Active Noise Cancelling Headphones

4.0 out of 5 stars Generally good, 6 May 2013
Brought these for my wife for when we are flying long distance. They are comfortable to wear for long periods, and I have a thumbs up from 'She who MUST be obeyed!'. The do however look a bit flimsy and will need careful handling. Generally though quite impressed and they do what they say they do, perhaps not quite up to Bose standard but nothing like Bose money!

Black Premium PU Leather Flip Case for Apple iPhone 4S / iPhone 4
Black Premium PU Leather Flip Case for Apple iPhone 4S / iPhone 4
Offered by TechDecor UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Case, 5 Mar 2012
I had to replace my existing leather case as the plastic housing had broken. The case arrived quickly and was reasonably priced, it seems to be more substantial than my last one, although this one is just not quite as soft leather as the one that disintegrated, all in all though a satisfactory product.

iPod Classic 160GB Replacement Battery 6th Generation 6G
iPod Classic 160GB Replacement Battery 6th Generation 6G

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Difficult!, 5 Mar 2012
Perhaps I am being unfair by rating this with only 2 stars. I am sure there is nothing at all wrong with the battery which was reasonably priced and arrived quickly. However I have spent many hours trying unsuccessfully to take the back off my iPod! So have a number of my friends! I looked at several videos posted on YouTube that makes it look like a one fingered imbecile can wip the back off and change the battery in a matter of a few minutes, but to no avail in my case, the back stays in place and I have not managed to change the battery. I am resigned to the fact of paying someone to do it. Good luck!!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 10, 2012 12:36 AM GMT

Rapid HD31 Packaging Pliers 65mm Stapling Depth 70 Sheet Capacity Chrome Ref 10540301

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Solid Piece of Kit, 19 Sep 2011
Have just replaced our old Rapid Packaging Pliers which had served us well for 12 years! So there was no contest when needing to replace them. They are good solid and easy to use. We use them many times a day all week so they get a fair amount of use.

Live At The Troubadour
Live At The Troubadour

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic 70's music, 7 Aug 2011
This review is from: Live At The Troubadour (Audio CD)
Having been a James Taylor fan for many years and attended several concerts, I tend to snap up anything 'JT'. His voice just gets better with age, soft, melodic and melifluous, (I like that word!). Complimented by Carole King, I was somewhat surprised as I thought this album would be mostly duets, which it isn't, both of them showcasing their own individual talents. I must say this album surpassed my expectations, and was enjoyed by my 27 year old daughter, who hijacked it before I returned from holiday. Buy it and I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Sinners & Saints
Sinners & Saints
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than good, 11 Dec 2010
This review is from: Sinners & Saints (Audio CD)
I may be biased having been a Mavericks fan and of course a Raul fan for many years, but I love the latest offering by Mr Malo! His CD's are always so different to each other and this is no exception. Having just seen him in concert with Michael Guerra, which was amazing, Raul was plugging the new cd, which of course I had to have. Sinners and Saints is an eclectic mix of tracks from the cheesy, to tijuana to country to...... Well I am sure that there is something for everyone who like Raul on this cd. I've played this album over and over now and I think my favourite track has to be 'Til I Gain Control Again, classic heart wrenching words sung with feeling. Sombras - a track sung in spanish, just lovely, or have I just changed my mind and made my favourite track 'Matter Much to You'? Do yourself a favour, buy it now!