Profile for Rubberbelly > Reviews

Content by Rubberbelly

Rubberbelly

Dead Things
Dead Things

5.0 out of 5 stars This promises to be an excellent series with this book setting the scene, 15 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Dead Things (Kindle Edition)
This promises to be an excellent series with this book setting the scene. Sadly the next book is not available on kindle.

Karma (Karma Series)
Karma (Karma Series)

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 30 Nov. 2014
A very good fantasy novel spoiled by having a very ordinary romance splashed all over it.

Oracle of Philadelphia (Earthbound Angels Book 1)
Oracle of Philadelphia (Earthbound Angels Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars ... well imagined central character backed up by some very good secondary characters and an excellently written story, 29 Nov. 2014
A well imagined central character backed up by some very good secondary characters and an excellently written story. What's not to like?

The Living End (Daniel Faust Book 3)
The Living End (Daniel Faust Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 24 Nov. 2014
Thoroughly enjoyed all three "Faust" books, looking forward to more.

On the Line (Alternate Places Book 3)
On the Line (Alternate Places Book 3)

1.0 out of 5 stars The first book in this series was very good and the second only slightly less so, 27 Oct. 2014
Hard to know where to start. The first book in this series was very good and the second only slightly less so. This however; I am nowhere eloquent enough to describe how disappointed I am. Where the author is going with this I don't know but if making the hero into a villain works for you, go for it. Personally I'll be avoiding any other work by this author.

Dawn's Early Light: A Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences Novel
Dawn's Early Light: A Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences Novel

3.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed the earlier parts of this series and this one ..., 12 July 2014
I don't review books just occasionally have to say something about the ones I read. I enjoyed the earlier parts of this series and this one was a pretty good escapist romp. The part that reduces a possible five stars to three is the romantic relationship between the two main characters. This plays a much greater roll than the previous books and in my opinion is blown on one simple premise - a kiss in a quiet archive, no matter how passionate, cannot in any way be comparable in intensity and meaning to one shared in the midst of combat particularly when the participants have just committed themselves to what is in essence a suicide pact. ( It isn't but the characters don't know this at the time.) I know this is probably not relevant to most people but it rang my bell particularly as I otherwise enjoyed the book and the series
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 24, 2014 8:33 PM BST

Silver Bullet: An Urban Fantasy Mystery (Preternatural Affairs Book 2)
Silver Bullet: An Urban Fantasy Mystery (Preternatural Affairs Book 2)

2.0 out of 5 stars To be or not to be, 23 Feb. 2014
I first met these characters in an anthology and enjoyed it enough to buy this book. Ms Reine has the makings of a good story but I must say the main character, Cesar, confuses me enormously. If he was any more "in touch with his female side" he would have boobs and a uterus.

Germanicus (A Marcus Corvinus mystery Book 2)
Germanicus (A Marcus Corvinus mystery Book 2)

2.0 out of 5 stars A trip to AA required, 9 Dec. 2013
I normally enjoy this type of book and I must say that I did enjoy quite a lot of this one. The historical details are almost all you would expect and don't go into overwhelming detail. This suits me fine. I don't need every item in the gutter detailed.
Where I lose interest is the character of the hero. I fail to understand how a functional alcoholic could survive in the situations described. It annoys me as I could probably enjoy these books otherwise.

Final Battle (Redemption Trilogy, Book 3) (In Her Name: Redemption series)
Final Battle (Redemption Trilogy, Book 3) (In Her Name: Redemption series)

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubberbelly, 17 Dec. 2012
So disappointing. I loved the first four and a half books of this series and then the story started stuttering and staggering.This book reads so forced maybe the series should have ended at book four.

Hell In Heaven (Dead Man Book 3)
Hell In Heaven (Dead Man Book 3)

1.0 out of 5 stars Very very bad, 12 Nov. 2012
I read the first two stories in this series and was hopeful that this would prove to be fairly enjoyable. To say I was disappointed with this effort is probably an understatement. It is simply dreadful. I would advise anybody tempted to purchase this to save their money.