Profile for Mr. D. B. Coffey > Reviews

Content by Mr. D. B. Coffey

Mr. D. B. Coffey "Daniel Coffey" (United Kingdom)

The Smurfs: The Legend Of Smurfy Hollow [DVD] [2013]
The Smurfs: The Legend Of Smurfy Hollow [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Stephan Franck
Offered by MediaMerchants

5.0 out of 5 stars A really smurfy short adaption to Washington Irving's story, 5 Oct 2013
It's nice to see the 2D hand-drawn animation again, even if it also has some CGI sequences from the beginning to the end. (where Clumsy, Panicky, Hefty and Narrator Smurf were camping)

Plus it is great to see Brainy and Gutsy sharing their lead roles, along with Smurfette in her supporting role.
Oh and let's not forget the other characters including Papa, Lazy, Hackus and Vexy (who makes a scene cameo near the end), Vanity, the evil wizard Gargamel and his feline Azrael.

The animation was smurfy, the story is really well adapted (even if it's slightly different from the Sleepy Hollow story, it had some few elements from it too) and the characters are great to see too.
So overall, I'll recommend this to those who are a huge fans of those adorable little blue creatures living in their small mushroom houses.

5/5

The Smurfs 2(Xbox 360)
The Smurfs 2(Xbox 360)
Offered by 6 Hungry Weasels

4.0 out of 5 stars Smurfy fun, 19 July 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I had been playing this game for hours now, and so far - this had been a smurfy game! Even smurfier fun than the PS1 game of 'The Smurfs'!
The levels were all exciting to smurf through, along with defeating some enemies including Azrael, the Naughties and Gargamel himself!

If you're a huge fan of the Smurfs (whatever it's a cartoon show, comic or a movie), then this should be a game for you to smurf and play!
I would really recommend it to you.

eSecure - Large 504 x CD DVD Disc Storage Wallet Holder Carry Case with Carry Handle - Massive 504 Disc Capacity!
Offered by eSecure

4.0 out of 5 stars A really great item with good price, 2 April 2013
I ordered this product about over two weeks ago, although I was anxious about some mixed reviews it had.

However a week after I ordered the product, it had arrived at my house and I was absolutely impressed by the look of it. (although the zip was a little tedious, but all in all - everything went out alright)
And as I was halfway through putting some DVD/Blu-ray discs that I hadn't watch much into the wallets, nothing bad had happened to the product - as it looks as though it had clearly went off without a hitch.

So if you're a movie buff that have about a hundred or thoughts of DVDs and Blu-ray discs, I'd personally recommend this product to you.

Thomas and his Friends (The Railway Series)
Thomas and his Friends (The Railway Series)
by Christopher Awdry

5.0 out of 5 stars A Railway Series book since 4 years ago..., 16 July 2011
Ever since Christopher Awdry's Railway Series books with volume 27 - 40 are back in stores, along with the 41st book released in September 2007 called "Thomas and Victoria", there comes volume 42 book with much dedication to the author of the Railway Series who bought it all since 1945 for his centenary.

Christopher has wrote four more stories focusing on how Thomas rescues a swan at the bridge, Gordon proves himself to be a hero and all the engines on the Island of Sodor, celebrating the century of the Reverend Wilbert Vere Awdry. (1911 - 1997, Also known in the books as 'The Thin Clergyman')

Overall the book itself is really enjoyable to read along, so I would recommend everyone. And especially including some parents who has their kids with their passion of adventures with Thomas and his friends on a magical island, go buy the book, and enjoy reading these wonderful stories to them. :)

5/5

After Thomas [DVD] [2006]
After Thomas [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Keeley Hawes

4.0 out of 5 stars A Certain good film stars a dog named after 'Thomas the Tank Engine', 28 Dec 2010
This review is from: After Thomas [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
I would recommend this film to people who have their conditions of autism, asperger syndrome etc.

In fact, this film was based on a book about an autistic kid named Dale and a dog named after his favourite Thomas character 'Henry'
In the film, it takes place in the year 1993 and I was like 'wow!' (but I never expect anything from the 1990's like that nowadays, even though the film is made in 2006... I just don't know how.)

The plot starts with Kyle Graham has to struggle with a disability of severe condition of autism, and his parents couldn't know what to do to handle this. Until a solution came as an answer to fix their problems with their son, comes a golden retriever dog named after the popular TV series character 'Thomas the Tank Engine'.

Honestly I have never seen this film, but I heard it had premièred on ITV in Boxing Day 2006 and has eventually been released on DVD in 2007. Now I have the DVD for Christmas and watched it.

Overall, the film is really good to watch despite having some tear jerking moments.
Again I would give it 7.1/10.

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 16, 2012 8:22 AM GMT

Fireball XL5 - A Day In The Life Of A Space General [1962] [Blu-ray]
Fireball XL5 - A Day In The Life Of A Space General [1962] [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Sylvia Anderson

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to see a colourized episode on Blu-ray! (Not just on 2009 DVD Boxset of Fireball XL5), 12 Sep 2010
All I could say about A Day In The Life Of A Space General (Colourized Episode) on Blu-ray Disc is really good thing to enjoy. (Not just if you want to replace your 2003 DVD Boxset with the 2009 DVD Boxset of Fireball XL5)

The Entire Colourized Episode seems really well, except some fault is the scene where Lieutenant 90 shouts "Commander Zero! What have I done?" as two scenes between Lieutenant's Whining and XL5's Crashed down to the ground were transferred in a wrong direction... I dont know why. :P (Same thing happened in 2009 DVD Boxset)

Along with Four Feathers Falls Episode (Gun Fight on Main Street) has HD Quality seems fine too aswell as a Documentary from the 2009 DVD Boxset too. (Only in SD)

Also the menu seems good as we see Earth, Stars and the Moon as seen in the ending credits. (but in the interactive way)

9.3/10!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Now thats more like it!, 22 April 2010
Before I have this one, I used to have a DVD Portable player that plays only Region 1 DVDs (with UK Plug Adaptor) aswell as A DVD Recorder. (that I never been using it to recording DVDs as I found this complicated...)

I do wish to have a Multi Region DVD Player to replace them. so from saturday, Dad has ordered it for my 19th Birthday and it has arrived yesterday morning. I carefully took it out of the box and got things ready. as I testing it in my Region 1 DVDs..... It worked really well!

So I'll be using this Multi Region DVD Player forever and ever! :)
10.10!

Daniel Coffey

Thomas' Read-Along Storybook: 4 Favorite Stories [With CD] (Thomas & Friends)
Thomas' Read-Along Storybook: 4 Favorite Stories [With CD] (Thomas & Friends)
by Wilbert Vere Awdry

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Entertaining, 6 Jan 2010
This was a great way to listen to stories on Audio CDs aswell as reading some books and this is one of them.

I got this for Xmas and played it on my computer which works. I really liked how well Simon Prebble did as the storyteller for the CD and 4 Stories on the CD were.

1. Thomas Gets his own Branch Line (Some plots based on Thomas and Gordon, Thomas' Train and Thomas and the Breakdown Train)
2. Thomas and Toby (Some plots based on Toby and the Stout Gentleman, Thomas in Trouble, Dirty Objects and Mavis)
3. Thomas and the Castle (Some plots based on Ghost Train and Down the Mine)
4. Thomas and the Magic Railroad (Based on the 2000 Film)

What else is really enjoyable? well the Instrumental of Series 8 Songs aswell as Engine Roll Call (same for Railway Stories Volume CDs). :)

Everything is excellent!

Daniel Coffey

Thomas Railway Stories: v. 2: The Railway Stories (Thomas & Friends)
Thomas Railway Stories: v. 2: The Railway Stories (Thomas & Friends)
by Michael Angelis
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars An major improvement of Railway Stories Volume CD since V1, 6 Jan 2010
I purposed this aswell as Railway Stories Volume 1 CD. (I also got V3 from Woolworths in May 08 aswell as the rest of Railway Stories CD Volumes from Play.com)

Since this volume is seem to be an improvement to Volume 1, Angelis sounded quite better than he sounded in Volume 1 at some points and some other good uses were Instrumentals of Series 8 Songs and Engine roll call aswell as Steam Engine SFX which were entertaining. :)

so from Vol. 2, I was impressed of what BBC done to Railway Stories CDs onwards which improving alot. (Vol 6 is coming soon in June 2010!)

10/10!