Profile for Vanessa Fuery > Reviews

Content by Vanessa Fuery

Vanessa Fuery

Mission: Explore Food (Mission Explore)
Mission: Explore Food (Mission Explore)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just in Time!!, 3 Aug 2012
Having brought all of the previous mission explore books last year and spent a year throughly enjoying completing the missions with my daughter (aged 8 hard to please loves these!!) am thrilled to say that the new book has arrived just in time for the end of the holidays -as with the previous books there are great missions, fantastic illustrations - with this time the edition of some cool facts and recipes - apparently we are making ginger beer tomorrow?? Fantastic Book from a fantastic series can not recommend it enough!

Mission Explore Camping
Mission Explore Camping
by Geography Collective

5.0 out of 5 stars A book to engage the child in everyone, fun, thought-provoking and educational!!, 6 April 2011
I loved the first mission explore book,Mission Explore I bought it for my daughter who is seven and then I got one for my Nephew who is 13 and one for my other nephew, as a going to University present(this book has no age appropriate button). So when I realised that there would be two new books, Mission:Explore Camping and Mission:Explore On the Road,I had them on pre order in February. Well today they arrived at lunch time and lunch was delayed! As with the first book there are a series of missions that are designed to get kids out and about exploring their world. The books are not designed to be left on the shelf, but to be stuffed in your pocket, to be drawn in and to have all manner of stuff stuck in them and smeared on them.The missions are fun, challenging, engaging and sometimes very funny; they can be completed on your own or with friends.

There are helpful hints about protecting yourself and the environment, amusing illustrations and importantly for me tips on being a Guerrilla Geographer (I am a geography teacher). If you are a geography teacher these can be used a stimulus to gets kids to engage with their place, another place or even just a place in their heads.

Missions I like - Make a tiny map for a tiny person, Be a boot flinger and the one which caused a 7 year old to giggle and go ohhh at the same time Luvverly Poop