Profile for Benson > Reviews

(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
James Martin Mini Grinder ZX595 150 Watt, Stainless Steel
James Martin Mini Grinder ZX595 150 Watt, Stainless Steel

3.0 out of 5 stars Grinds well but removing coffee can prove awkward, 17 April 2015
Does the job great in terms of grinding beans but I'm finding the ground coffee tends to get stuck inside. You can scrape it out with a spoon but it's impossible to get every last grain out due to the blade getting in the way. The design is not suitable for washing so this might start to get annoying after a while if you're a clean freak like me.

Shaking directly into a cafetière hasn't proved to be the simplest task either... some of it usually goes on to the table side.

I'm thinking it's better to grind your beans and move the ground coffee to a storage container. If you like to grind your beans right before making your coffee as I do you may get a little disheartened as I did due to the issues listed above.

Braun Silk Epil 9 9-558 Wet & Dry Cordless Epilator with 5 Extras Attachments
Braun Silk Epil 9 9-558 Wet & Dry Cordless Epilator with 5 Extras Attachments

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what is advertised, 6 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've never used an epilator and was slightly nervous that it would be painful. However, while it was painful initially I think this was more due to the anticipation and I seemed to get used to it the more I used it. It removed my hair with ease and the regrowth is much better than shaving. It works great wet or dry and has lots of different attachments which I haven't tried yet as I've only used it on my legs. Overall I'm pleased with it.

Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power Men's Razor with Flexball Technology
Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power Men's Razor with Flexball Technology
Offered by Activecare Online

3.0 out of 5 stars Minimal improvement on predecessor, 6 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I tried out the manual equivalent of this razor first before reviewing the battery operated one.

While this battery operated one does give a very slightly better shave than the non battery operated one the difference is very small and compared to the model that preceded this one there are not significant changes.

If you already have the Gilette Fusion Proglide without the flex ball it is not worth upgrading as the blade is exactly the same and the shaving results are exactly the same. There is just a very different feel between razors. You can't feel this blade so well against your skin which proved a problem for me because it is hard to tell how much pressure to use and can leave you with quite sore skin the first few shaves.

A matter of preference really but not an upgraded experience as the advertising tends to suggest.

Gillette Fusion Manual Razor with FlexBall Technology
Gillette Fusion Manual Razor with FlexBall Technology
Offered by Activecare Online

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth a try but all down to personal preference, 23 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm upgrading from the previous Fusion ProGlide model (with no flexball). I noticed a VERY distinct difference right away compared to the old model so it takes some getting used to. It is a very different feel on your skin. I felt the precision/glide of the shave had stepped up so much you could barely feel it on your skin and thus wasn't completely sure how much pressure to use. My brother tried one at the same time and we found the first few uses were quite sore compared to older models.

Now I've been using it for a good two weeks I can't say it gives a much better shave than its predecessor. I am very clean shaven and I still have to go over my face just as many times as the old model. On closer inspection of the blades between the two models they look completely the same, so it is just a matter of preference whether you enjoy the feel of the flexball technology or not.

This one is definitely down to preference but worth a try if you need a new razor. I personally prefer its predecessor.

I don't know if it was a manufacturing error but my razor actually came with two spare blades. Better value to buy the 'starter pack' with five blades though.

Gillette Fusion ProGlide Manual Razor Starter Kit with Flexball Technology--Pack of 1

3.0 out of 5 stars Rollerball comes down to preference, 23 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm upgrading from the previous Fusion ProGlide model (with no roller ball). I noticed a VERY distinct difference right away compared to the old model so it takes some getting used to. It is a very different feel on your skin. I felt the precision of the shave had stepped up so much you could barely feel it on your skin and thus wasn't completely sure how much pressure to use. My brother tried one at the same time and we found the first few uses were quite sore compared to old models.

Now I've been using it for a good two weeks I can't say it gives a much better shave than its predecessor. I am very clean shaven and I still have to go over my face just as many times as the old model. On closer inspection of the blades between the two models they look completely the same, so it is just a matter of preference whether you enjoy the feel of the roller blade technology or not.

It's worth noting the razor on its own comes with two spare blades even though the box says one. It is still a better buy to get this pack with four spares.

Seagate STDZ500400 500 GB 2.5-Inch Seven USB 3.0 External Hard Drive
Seagate STDZ500400 500 GB 2.5-Inch Seven USB 3.0 External Hard Drive

4.0 out of 5 stars Slickest looking hard drive ever, 3 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Firstly I have to comment on the packaging which I found to be very sleek and secure with its foam lining inside. I will personally be keeping mine as a safe way to store the hard drive when I'm not using it.

The hard drive itself is a very cool looking piece of kit, a bit bigger than an original iPod classic in terms of size but certainly much heavier than the Apple gizmo. The weight you might expect from a device described as 'steel'. This isn't a drawback for me as I'd imagine the materials keep the hard drive very safe from drops and wear and tear. I also can't deny the colour and appealing thin design of the drive looks great with my iMac system. While my other samsung hard drive is a lot lighter, it is much thicker than this seagate design, and not so appealing visually.

Using the hard drive with my mac system was extremely simple. Was literally a case of plug in and go. I prefer the 'drag and drop' system I'm used to but there is a dashboard program included if desired which allows you to sync your hard drive to such back up systems as dropbox, flickr and even Facebook (if required, you don't have to install this program).

If you want something that looks smart and colour codes well with a mac system, look no further. If you are going to transport your hard drive around a lot I'd recommend something much lighter as the steel design does make it considerably heavier than other hard drives. The 500GB storage may be the biggest drawback for many. My mac has 1TB storage. While this hard drive is sufficient for back ups right now because I am way under 500GB, I may have issues in the future as my computer gets more full. This is something to bear in mind if you have the tendency to really fill up your hard drive.

Dettol Mould and Mildew Remover Spray 750 ml (Pack of 3)
Dettol Mould and Mildew Remover Spray 750 ml (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars As simple as it sounds, 24 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's hard to describe this in-depth because it is literally as it sounds... you spray, you don't need to scrub, wait a few seconds and you just wash down. On the plus it has a pleasant odour and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend. I'm already on the look out for it on offer so I can have another bottle on standby. A lot of sprays like this are gimmick and don't deliver so well on their no 'elbow grease' promise. I couldn't fault this one though.

Revlon Blush Brush
Revlon Blush Brush

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality brush, 24 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Revlon Blush Brush (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Passed this to my sister in law who said the following...

A nice soft brush but for me it's slightly too big for blusher (however, that is just a matter of preference). Personally, I'm more likely to use this as a bronzer brush. There was absolutely no shedding which is great as that is a pet hate of mine. Overall, a lovely quality make up brush and I would definitely purchase more from this brand in the future. It comes well packaged.

Revlon Nail Enamel - 14.7 ml, Red
Revlon Nail Enamel - 14.7 ml, Red

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely red, 5 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I passed this to my sister in law who said the following...

This is a lovely vibrant shade of red ideal for date nights or valentines. I applied mine on top of glue on nails and only needed one coat and it was very glossy. I wore it for my hen weekend as it fitted the theme and came back with no chips. It's been almost a week now and still no chipping. Overall I'm very pleased with this nail enamel and would buy this brand again in the future.

Igenix IG5005 Frost Watch Convector Heater 500 W
Igenix IG5005 Frost Watch Convector Heater 500 W
Offered by SENDERCITY

2.0 out of 5 stars No impact, 1 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Definitely check on the measurements before ordering as this little heater is tiny. It's only really practical for a very tiny space, perhaps a very small hall way by your front door or a small shed.

Everything is included to mount onto a wall and is pretty much a plug in and go item. Very simple to operate by just turning the thermostat knob.

I tested the heater out in my own bedroom as the size of my room is almost enough to rival harry Potter's 'cupboard under the stairs'. It is a very small room. I tested it at a point in the day when it was cold and our general heating had not been put on for the day so I could really feel the effect of the little heater, if any. I first put the heater on as high as it could go and as you'd expect with these kind of heaters they turn off when too hot. This little guy was too hot within a couple minutes so it pretty much comes on for a couple minutes then goes off for a couple minutes.

All in all I didn't feel it made a significant impact on the temperate of the room at all. I wasn't even convinced putting it in a broom cupboard would do much because it goes off so quickly. A nice design and easy to operate but the size means it can't withhold much temperature at all so you'd need to go bigger if you're going for this kind of heater.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18