Profile for Benson > Reviews

Galt Dr Miriam Shape Sorter
Galt Dr Miriam Shape Sorter
Price: 14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Traditional esque, 17 July 2014
This review is from: Galt Dr Miriam Shape Sorter (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Very cute toy with more of a traditional feel to it rather than being blasted in colours and cartoon characters.

We actually let my 10 month old niece play with this even though it is recommended for slightly older. She is not quite advanced enough to realise the whole point is to put the corresponding blocks through the holes, yet still loves banging the blocks until one of them goes through the hole.

They do an exercise in her music class with wooden blocks and I think this reminds her of that and she tries to recreate it.

I see this more useful to an older toddler trying to learn some skills before heading to pre school but for that reason we will hold onto this toy for a little while to encourage my nieces development.

Galt Knitting Case
Galt Knitting Case
Price: 12.18

4.0 out of 5 stars Tempt the kids away from the iPads, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Galt Knitting Case (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
All in all I found this an adorable gift but I must admit I got it with the intention of my mum. She already knows basic knitting and this has been a perfect fun activity for her to do instead of the usual nights in front of the tv with coronation street and eastenders.

I personally felt it seemed quite difficult for a child to grasp and would definitely recommend for older children approaching comprehensive school. Such a great alternative to a society now geared towards iPad games rather than real activities.

Galt Toys Playmat (Farm / Large)
Galt Toys Playmat (Farm / Large)
Price: 17.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Colourful and delightful, 19 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I thought this mat was adorable. It's really colourful and a generous size in relation to a small baby.

It has been perfect to put all the baby's toys on so she can sit there comfortably and play with everything in one place. There are a few different textures the baby picked up on quickly also. The sheep character is fleecy to touch and the duck has a flap for its beak that squeaks. She hasn't really noticed the others just yet.

The only con is that if we didn't place the mat on our rug for extra padding it would be rather uncomfortable to sit on.

Fisher-Price Rainforest Friends Musical Gym
Fisher-Price Rainforest Friends Musical Gym
Price: 35.20

4.0 out of 5 stars Great distraction for baby changing, 10 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A well made product as all things Fisher Price. Nice size and a good variety of different touches and sounds for baby to focus on.

On the whole very easy to assemble and lightweight but I found it didn't hold the attention of my niece as well as the other mobile type products we have. She has been most fascinated with the little mirror when she catches a glimpse of herself in it. We tend to use it most when changing her as the dangling toys distract her well. If other toys are laying around though these seem to take her attention away so we don't typically use it for playtime.

My one qualm which seems to be standard with Fisher Price products is that 9 times out of 10 they require batteries but are never provided. I find other high end brands (Disney in particular) tend to include the batteries.

Pixnor Colorful LED Bluetooth Dancing Water Speakers for iPhone, iPad, Cellphone, PC (Black)
Price: 26.17

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as wireless as you would like, 20 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Right from the moment you see the box you can tell this product is on the cheap side. I've never heard of the brand 'Pixnor' but when I took my speakers out the box they hadn't even been screwed together properly during manufacturing. Two of the screws were loose to reveal all the wired inside of one of the speakers.

I also felt mislead a little by the 'wireless' description. The speakers are wireless in that you can connect a device via bluetooth... but if you think this is one of those devices you charge via USB think again. While the bluetooth mechanism is cool the speakers themselves have to be plugged in... and if you don't have a USB charger you'll have to have them connected to your computer until you do. So the USB charger = one wire and a second wire connects the two speakers together.

Sound quality is not completely atrocious considering the price. It is clear and quality but I found it will often skip on the bluetooth connection and can get annoying. The speakers go loud enough for a small room but you are not going to get a sound that will blow you away.

The water mechanism gets kinda annoying and if you are sat close to the speaker you'll find the noise of this rather distracting.

Maybe good for a child who has asked for their own 'stereo system' but if you're remotely a sound enthusiast you'll want something better.

Pros are that they are very very light and make a good sound despite the low price. Cons are that they do need to be plugged in and the sound can skip on occasion. All in all you get what you pay for.

Disney Frozen Castle and Ice Palace Playset
Disney Frozen Castle and Ice Palace Playset
Price: 122.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Completely enchanting but completely overpriced, 20 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As has been the problem with everything Frozen at Disney Store, these vanished off the market over Christmas and manufacturers have been rushing to meet demand ever since.

A big pro is its size. It comes in a very large box which is exciting enough for a kid even before it has been taken out. When assembled it will easily come past your knee. When I first took the contents out it all looked a little daunting as it is all bagged up in pieces. The instructions weren't the most clear thing to understand but with some intense studying I had a lot of fun putting it together. It took me a good 90 minutes to do this and I will praise the strength of the materials. There are multiple sections that have to be properly squeezed into place and I was a bit worried the strength I had to use to do this was going to accidentally snap something (it didn't).

Once together it's all rather sturdy and folds out nicely. I'm not convinced it is designed to be disassembled frequently though. I think the intention is that once you have assembled it you store it elsewhere (it won't fit in the box once you've assembled the entire thing).

The little accessories are all rather charming. The top section of Anna's side of the castle folds down into a dressing room so there is a mirror and chair to put up here with some little plastic perfume bottles to complete the look. You'll also get an (albeit random) sofa for Anna's side.

Elsa's side gets a very cool looking ice throne and a bed (complete with blanket) that doubles up as a dressing table (when flipped up vertically). On the back of Elsa's side you'll also find a slide which really adds to the fun. The cherry on the top is the little Olaf you get included which is in perfect style with the Barbie style dolls they expect you to use with the castle.

While it would certainly have been better value to have the Anna and Elsa dolls included I am glad they weren't as the Mattel ones are embarrassingly bad compared to Disney Store's own branded dolls. I got the Disney Store version of Anna and Elsa to go with this and they are perfect. If you don't have the dolls the figurine sets you can pick up are just as ideal for it.

I personally still cannot justify the price of this item but there is no doubt this is a super fun toy and any Frozen fan will love it. The 6 year old I gave it to for her birthday is completely in love with it and now all the princesses come to hang out in the Frozen castles. The price really is the only major con.

Finish Power and Pure Quantum (Pack of 1, Total 40 Tablets)
Finish Power and Pure Quantum (Pack of 1, Total 40 Tablets)
Price: 7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The Number One brand, 8 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've tried cheaper dishwasher tablets and found you are more likely to run into problems with them. Either the tablets don't dissolve very well or they just don't give your dishes that sparkly clean feel.

I can't fault Finish. I've tried this style before when it was on offer at the supermarket and they do the job perfectly. Surprisingly expensive though so you'll actually end up saving more in the long run by buying in bulk. Another great 'add-on' from Amazon!

Ambi Toys  One Man Band
Ambi Toys One Man Band
Price: 5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Charming, 26 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this toy for my niece even though she is only seven months because it has become quite evident she really enjoys musical instruments.

Despite the recommended age being from 12 months we are ok with her playing with it while supervised. The only things that are tricky for her are turning the head (you need quite a bit of strength for this) and blowing the whistle. She is very happy to bash the drum part though and tap the head that makes a bell sound. Overall, she has loved this toy.

That aside, the legs move to give a clock-like look to the mechanism of the toy (this makes the tie and balls in the middle of the toy move). The drumstick is also a rattle while the whistle makes two sounds... a light honk and the other a more airy whizzing sound.

I think this would be perfect for other children like my niece who go to baby music classes and are really keen on musical instruments.

Pampers Fresh Clean Wipes - (Pack of 12) (768 Wipes)
Pampers Fresh Clean Wipes - (Pack of 12) (768 Wipes)
Price: 10.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper in bulk!, 17 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
While highly regarded as the 'classic wipe' for all your baby changing needs I find the wipes quite versatile and the whole family uses them whether it's to give sticky hands a wipe or remove makeup. We also use them on the baby but generally they are handy to have in the car in your bag for other uses.

While it might seem like a lot to spend on wipes when you can get a packet of home brand ones for 1 it does ultimately work out more beneficial to get them here in bulk. I find a lot of the home brand wipes dry out and sometimes aren't even remotely moist. This is not the case with pampers and they retain that nostalgic smell you associate with babies. Most importantly of all I like the clean feel after use.

In cheaper brands you also typically have less wipes in a packet so worth taking this into consideration also.

Fisher-Price Rainforest 2-in-1 Cot Mobile
Fisher-Price Rainforest 2-in-1 Cot Mobile
Price: 36.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute but worth 50?, 7 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My niece has just gone six months and is at that really inquisitive stage. At first she was a little unsure with this toy as it was quite big and overwhelming for her when she was sat under it (the mobile part towers over them).

When I laid her down though she reached for the elephant part of the toy and quickly learned it made noise and she became rather fascinated with it. Now she loves playing with it. I found if sat up though her head will tend to stop the mobile part from rotating and then it'll freeze. It hasn't broken yet but I wonder if she keeps doing this if it will break the rotary part of the mobile.

Also, there were no batteries included which kind of adds to the debate, is this toy kind of overpriced at 50?

It was easy to set up though and I was impressed by the variety of sounds and lullabies it can play.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15