Profile for Benson > Reviews

(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
Philips HX9044/26 Sonicare Adaptive Clean Brush Heads x 4
Philips HX9044/26 Sonicare Adaptive Clean Brush Heads x 4

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't let the colour of your brush worry you... these will fit your brush!, 29 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The best way to buy replacement heads is in bulk. The more in the pack the cheaper they tend to work out. Others have mentioned these fit most sonicare toothbrushes. Mine is the black HX9351 Diamond Clean model so I was a little worried these weren't the right brush heads because the colour didn't match. They work just fine though.

Will & Grace Complete - The Ultimate Collection [DVD] [1998]
Will & Grace Complete - The Ultimate Collection [DVD] [1998]
Dvd ~ Eric McCormack

5.0 out of 5 stars Manufacturing issue fixed?, 7 July 2015
As a more recent purchaser of this item (the negative reviews are largely from four years ago) I can confirm I didn't encounter any problems. All disks worked fine and contained all the correct episodes. Hopefully this means the DVD manufacturers realised there was a problem with this set and have fixed these issues.

I did find some of the menus unusual e.g when you put a disk back in you've already watched it will automatically play the first episode from the disk no matter what episode you were on. All I can say is, this is quickly fixed by becoming familiar with the 'menu' button on your remote which will take you back to the main menu. This wasn't a huge issue for me at all. A rather phenomenal price to own the entire series!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 13, 2015 5:36 PM BST

Rimmel London Lasting Finish Cream Concealer Number 020, Light
Rimmel London Lasting Finish Cream Concealer Number 020, Light

3.0 out of 5 stars Skin type dependent, 7 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I didn't find this concealer applied very conspicuously to the skin. I guess it is largely down to skin type and how you moisturise but for me it flaked a lot and didn't blend as well as I wanted. Also worth noting even the 'very light' wasn't completely well suited to very fair skin.

NAILS INC Mini Colour Collection
NAILS INC Mini Colour Collection

4.0 out of 5 stars An idiot proof gift, 28 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Five different colours and attractively presented. This is marketed through its presentation as a great fit idea and would be perfect for a girl you know who wears nail varnish. A particularly great secret santa idea!

Hallmark Wedding Contemporary Laser Cut Card - Medium
Hallmark Wedding Contemporary Laser Cut Card - Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars A more 'personal' looking card for the special couple in your life, 8 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I chose this specific card more because of the writing inside as it seemed more modern sounding and not as mushy or uninspired as the other cards available. My friends come from a Disney background so the Happily Ever After seemed fitting for them.

It's well made and looks a little different than your average card. They are very dear friends to me and I wanted a card that looked a bit more special than the generic kind you find at Asda. This did the job for me. Perfect if you want something a little more swish and distinct looking for the big day.

Murad Environmental Shield Essential-C Day Moisture SPF30 50 ml
Murad Environmental Shield Essential-C Day Moisture SPF30 50 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely smell and consistency but can't justify the expense, 8 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First off, I am a man and there's no reason to suggest this cream is primarily for women. As with the majority of skin products they market towards women or do a specific mens line but what they don't tell you is, the ingredients are largely the same. Don't be fooled into thinking womens products are not suitable for men and vice versa.

As it goes this cream has a very pleasant orange scent to it which is completely neutral and actually compliments one of my colognes really nicely (Boss Orange).

This is the first skincare product I have used that I would class as 'expensive'. I've stuck with what I've known for years which is largely the Nivea for Men Q10 product range. This specific product is very much the consistency of sun screen without being overly greasy but takes a little longer to absorb than my usual skin care products.

I've been using the cream for two weeks now and can't say I've noticed a dramatic difference in my skin. Despite having a nice complexion anyway, there's a bit of added clarity but not enough to persuade me away from the much more affordable Nivea for Men range. I also found it is perhaps not very beneficial to areas of the face you shave as the product is obviously not really intended to combat shaving irritation and whatnot.

Another note worth adding is both myself and my mum experienced some irritation in the eyes from this cream. The box does say do not apply to eye area but it should really have a more severe warning against even going remotely near your eyes. If like me you feel the need to dab a bit on the circles under your eyes you may experience irritation also, so just be mindful of that. While this product is great at protecting your face from environmental issues, if you want an all round cream that is also anti-aging and combats other skin issues like dark circles you're going to need additional products. Murad make plenty of other additional products but buying those makes their skin care regime out of the average persons affordability. If that's not an issue for you these products are really nice.

Remington AC3300 Hair Dryer
Remington AC3300 Hair Dryer

3.0 out of 5 stars Prefer other models, 26 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's a very well made and powerful hair dryer that does everything you would want but for me it made my hair go too dry and straw like. I also found the design of the buttons a little annoying when you put it away. Seemed every time I took it out and plugged it in the switches had flicked on from pulling it out of the drawer. Just a little qualm but does get annoying. I didn't enjoy this model as much as other hair dryers I've tried. While you get a 5 year guarantee, you can get better dryers for a little less.

Leifheit Linomatic 400 Comfort Rotary Dryer - Clean lines and clean laundry through retracting lines - will accommodate up to 4 washing machine loads

5.0 out of 5 stars The dream of washing lines, 17 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Hard to know what to say about a clothes line but I found it to be extremely strong, sturdy and a lot lighter compared to the cheaper model it has replaced.

It's very generously sized. I am definitely finding I can fit a lot more washing on it than our standard one. However, is worth mentioning that it needs a slightly larger ground socket than a regular washing line. We have had to change ours to accommodate it but it's been completely worth it. There is one included which you are supposed to concrete in yourself or you can go out a buy a different one if necessary.

Perhaps the most common problem of a regular washing line is how when folded down the cords can have the tendency to get all tangled and lose elasticity over time. Not the case with Leifheit. A feature of them is that they close, retract and vanish into the rotary arms keeping them clean AND tangle-free. A dream really if, like myself, you get a little OCD about these kind of things.

High priced but ultimately a solid investment.

Philips BG105/10 Bodygroom with Skin Protector Series 1000
Philips BG105/10 Bodygroom with Skin Protector Series 1000

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 17 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've owned a few body groomers, usually Phillips and before this my most recent purchase was the Philips TT2040 body groomer. The TT2040 is more than double the price of this model but it became evident quite quickly the TT2040 is a far more powerful groomer.

The obvious difference is this is battery operated compared to the TT2040 which is rechargeable. The TT2040 is quite a powerful groomer whereas this has more of the shave power of nose trimmer.

Personally I've not found it as effective as removing hair as my TT2040. I'm not overly hairy and have always maintained a smooth, clean look all round. It does the job but requires more time and attention than one of the chargeable shavers. If you want to have a completely smooth look this model might frustrate you a little because at best I'd consider it a trimmer. You can certainly keep your body hair 'tidy' with this model but anything else will prove hard work, unless you have very little body hair.

The one pro of it is that it is lot gentler in the genital areas. The rechargeable shavers can have a tendency to catch you off guard from time to time and give tiny cuts. You can go to town with this one and I've had no problems with it catching hair or cutting me.

All in all you get what you pay for. This is more of a travel solution due to it being very small and lightweight. If you are particularly hairy though I can't see it being super effective and you might want to consider investing in a more expensive one. I will personally be favouring my TT2040 more and take this on long trips.

Sony HT-CT380 Soundbar Speaker with Wireless Subwoofer - Black
Sony HT-CT380 Soundbar Speaker with Wireless Subwoofer - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Pro sound enhancement for the home, 17 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First glance: the price may make you look at cheaper products on the market, but in fact it is definitely worth the money. Cheap soundbars tend to price at around £100 and they are worthless in comparison to this. The subwoofer itself creates an astonishing bass boost, more than I have ever experienced and combined with the soundbar creates a powerful surround sound feel.

First impression: the packaging protected the equipment well and the set-up is relatively quick and straightforward. Batteries are provided with the remote and so are the necessary leads.

The soundbar itself: this alone adds so much power to the room it is in. The sound (particularly the treble) is very crisp and doesn’t resonate or ring at all.

The subwoofer: the use of this is optional and can be controlled separately on the remote provided. Combined with the soundbar, the audio effects are phenomenal, particularly when paired with a 3D TV as it is better than being in a cinema. The bass is full and hearty, giving an incredible sound quality and atmosphere.

The settings: these are also useful, especially when you use the products differently (e.g. listening to bass-heavy music vs. watching a movie). You don’t even have to turn the subwoofer and the soundbar near their maximum volumes in order to produce an amazing sound. The remote's sensor has a wide range, meaning you do not have to angle the remote in a specific area for it to receive. I recommend making use of the alternate settings when this equipment is given different uses.

The aesthetics : very pleasing - the sleek black finish will match nicely with most TVs.

The bluetooth connection: this feature works great and is a good alternative at parties to the typical hi-fi system, especially when using YouTube playlists on a smart TV (when they continually run through suggested songs).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19