Profile for Benson > Reviews

Remington AC3300 Hair Dryer
Remington AC3300 Hair Dryer

3.0 out of 5 stars Prefer other models, 26 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's a very well made and powerful hair dryer that does everything you would want but for me it made my hair go too dry and straw like. I also found the design of the buttons a little annoying when you put it away. Seemed every time I took it out and plugged it in the switches had flicked on from pulling it out of the drawer. Just a little qualm but does get annoying. I didn't enjoy this model as much as other hair dryers I've tried. While you get a 5 year guarantee, you can get better dryers for a little less.

Leifheit 85271 40 m Linomatic 400 Comfort Rotary Clothes Airer, Green
Leifheit 85271 40 m Linomatic 400 Comfort Rotary Clothes Airer, Green

5.0 out of 5 stars The dream of washing lines, 17 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Hard to know what to say about a clothes line but I found it to be extremely strong, sturdy and a lot lighter compared to the cheaper model it has replaced.

It's very generously sized. I am definitely finding I can fit a lot more washing on it than our standard one. However, is worth mentioning that it needs a slightly larger ground socket than a regular washing line. We have had to change ours to accommodate it but it's been completely worth it. There is one included which you are supposed to concrete in yourself or you can go out a buy a different one if necessary.

Perhaps the most common problem of a regular washing line is how when folded down the cords can have the tendency to get all tangled and lose elasticity over time. Not the case with Leifheit. A feature of them is that they close, retract and vanish into the rotary arms keeping them clean AND tangle-free. A dream really if, like myself, you get a little OCD about these kind of things.

High priced but ultimately a solid investment.

Philips BG105/10 Bodygroom with Skin Protector Series 1000
Philips BG105/10 Bodygroom with Skin Protector Series 1000

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 17 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've owned a few body groomers, usually Phillips and before this my most recent purchase was the Philips TT2040 body groomer. The TT2040 is more than double the price of this model but it became evident quite quickly the TT2040 is a far more powerful groomer.

The obvious difference is this is battery operated compared to the TT2040 which is rechargeable. The TT2040 is quite a powerful groomer whereas this has more of the shave power of nose trimmer.

Personally I've not found it as effective as removing hair as my TT2040. I'm not overly hairy and have always maintained a smooth, clean look all round. It does the job but requires more time and attention than one of the chargeable shavers. If you want to have a completely smooth look this model might frustrate you a little because at best I'd consider it a trimmer. You can certainly keep your body hair 'tidy' with this model but anything else will prove hard work, unless you have very little body hair.

The one pro of it is that it is lot gentler in the genital areas. The rechargeable shavers can have a tendency to catch you off guard from time to time and give tiny cuts. You can go to town with this one and I've had no problems with it catching hair or cutting me.

All in all you get what you pay for. This is more of a travel solution due to it being very small and lightweight. If you are particularly hairy though I can't see it being super effective and you might want to consider investing in a more expensive one. I will personally be favouring my TT2040 more and take this on long trips.

Sony HT-CT380 Soundbar Speaker with Wireless Subwoofer - Black
Sony HT-CT380 Soundbar Speaker with Wireless Subwoofer - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Pro sound enhancement for the home, 17 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First glance: the price may make you look at cheaper products on the market, but in fact it is definitely worth the money. Cheap soundbars tend to price at around £100 and they are worthless in comparison to this. The subwoofer itself creates an astonishing bass boost, more than I have ever experienced and combined with the soundbar creates a powerful surround sound feel.

First impression: the packaging protected the equipment well and the set-up is relatively quick and straightforward. Batteries are provided with the remote and so are the necessary leads.

The soundbar itself: this alone adds so much power to the room it is in. The sound (particularly the treble) is very crisp and doesn’t resonate or ring at all.

The subwoofer: the use of this is optional and can be controlled separately on the remote provided. Combined with the soundbar, the audio effects are phenomenal, particularly when paired with a 3D TV as it is better than being in a cinema. The bass is full and hearty, giving an incredible sound quality and atmosphere.

The settings: these are also useful, especially when you use the products differently (e.g. listening to bass-heavy music vs. watching a movie). You don’t even have to turn the subwoofer and the soundbar near their maximum volumes in order to produce an amazing sound. The remote's sensor has a wide range, meaning you do not have to angle the remote in a specific area for it to receive. I recommend making use of the alternate settings when this equipment is given different uses.

The aesthetics : very pleasing - the sleek black finish will match nicely with most TVs.

The bluetooth connection: this feature works great and is a good alternative at parties to the typical hi-fi system, especially when using YouTube playlists on a smart TV (when they continually run through suggested songs).

The Furchester Hotel Phoebe Jumbo Plush Toy
The Furchester Hotel Phoebe Jumbo Plush Toy

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely size and feel for any Furchester Hotel lover, 22 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Really nice quality soft toy that is extremely soft and soothing to touch; a towel like texture with a silkier feeling.

My 18 month old niece recognised her right away and loves to hug her and give kisses. My niece is also able to say 'key' so she picked up on this right away also. Brilliant really! Size wise she stands at approximately 24 inches or 61cm, from the bottom of her foot to the tip of her pony tail. The label says 50cm but that must be the height when the toy is sat down. Other soft toys of this size tend to be on the heavy side but Phoebe is rather light considering the size.

The likeness to the character is excellent but if you really like your attention to detail you'll pick up on the fact she is a slightly lighter shade to how she looks on TV and her eyebrows are embroidered rather than being pieces of felt like the tv show.

The label does say suitability from 18 months. The reason for this is likely the furry material on her fringe and pony tail and even her towel-like body to an extent. If this is pulled away from the toy it can be considered a choking hazard for very small babies. This is the only thing to bare in mind if wanting to purchase for a child younger than 18 months. This kind of material is risky for the very small and I wouldn't personally go for this 'furry' style for very small babies that are likely to put her in their mouth.

James Martin Mini Grinder ZX595 150 Watt, Stainless Steel
James Martin Mini Grinder ZX595 150 Watt, Stainless Steel

3.0 out of 5 stars Grinds well but removing coffee can prove awkward, 17 April 2015
Does the job great in terms of grinding beans but I'm finding the ground coffee tends to get stuck inside. You can scrape it out with a spoon but it's impossible to get every last grain out due to the blade getting in the way. The design is not suitable for washing so this might start to get annoying after a while if you're a clean freak like me.

Shaking directly into a cafetière hasn't proved to be the simplest task either... some of it usually goes on to the table side.

I'm thinking it's better to grind your beans and move the ground coffee to a storage container. If you like to grind your beans right before making your coffee as I do you may get a little disheartened as I did due to the issues listed above.

Braun Silk Epil 9 9-558 Wet & Dry Cordless Epilator with 5 Extras Attachments
Braun Silk Epil 9 9-558 Wet & Dry Cordless Epilator with 5 Extras Attachments

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what is advertised, 6 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've never used an epilator and was slightly nervous that it would be painful. However, while it was painful initially I think this was more due to the anticipation and I seemed to get used to it the more I used it. It removed my hair with ease and the regrowth is much better than shaving. It works great wet or dry and has lots of different attachments which I haven't tried yet as I've only used it on my legs. Overall I'm pleased with it.

Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power Men's Razor with Flexball Technology
Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power Men's Razor with Flexball Technology
Offered by Activecare Online

3.0 out of 5 stars Minimal improvement on predecessor, 6 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I tried out the manual equivalent of this razor first before reviewing the battery operated one.

While this battery operated one does give a very slightly better shave than the non battery operated one the difference is very small and compared to the model that preceded this one there are not significant changes.

If you already have the Gilette Fusion Proglide without the flex ball it is not worth upgrading as the blade is exactly the same and the shaving results are exactly the same. There is just a very different feel between razors. You can't feel this blade so well against your skin which proved a problem for me because it is hard to tell how much pressure to use and can leave you with quite sore skin the first few shaves.

A matter of preference really but not an upgraded experience as the advertising tends to suggest.

Gillette Fusion Manual Razor with FlexBall Technology
Gillette Fusion Manual Razor with FlexBall Technology
Offered by Acorn solution

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth a try but all down to personal preference, 23 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm upgrading from the previous Fusion ProGlide model (with no flexball). I noticed a VERY distinct difference right away compared to the old model so it takes some getting used to. It is a very different feel on your skin. I felt the precision/glide of the shave had stepped up so much you could barely feel it on your skin and thus wasn't completely sure how much pressure to use. My brother tried one at the same time and we found the first few uses were quite sore compared to older models.

Now I've been using it for a good two weeks I can't say it gives a much better shave than its predecessor. I am very clean shaven and I still have to go over my face just as many times as the old model. On closer inspection of the blades between the two models they look completely the same, so it is just a matter of preference whether you enjoy the feel of the flexball technology or not.

This one is definitely down to preference but worth a try if you need a new razor. I personally prefer its predecessor.

I don't know if it was a manufacturing error but my razor actually came with two spare blades. Better value to buy the 'starter pack' with five blades though.

Gillette Fusion ProGlide Manual Razor Starter Kit with Flexball Technology
Gillette Fusion ProGlide Manual Razor Starter Kit with Flexball Technology

3.0 out of 5 stars Rollerball comes down to preference, 23 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm upgrading from the previous Fusion ProGlide model (with no roller ball). I noticed a VERY distinct difference right away compared to the old model so it takes some getting used to. It is a very different feel on your skin. I felt the precision of the shave had stepped up so much you could barely feel it on your skin and thus wasn't completely sure how much pressure to use. My brother tried one at the same time and we found the first few uses were quite sore compared to old models.

Now I've been using it for a good two weeks I can't say it gives a much better shave than its predecessor. I am very clean shaven and I still have to go over my face just as many times as the old model. On closer inspection of the blades between the two models they look completely the same, so it is just a matter of preference whether you enjoy the feel of the roller blade technology or not.

It's worth noting the razor on its own comes with two spare blades even though the box says one. It is still a better buy to get this pack with four spares.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18