Profile for Benson > Reviews

Content by Benson

Benson (Cardiff, UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
MaxiNutrition Cyclone Strength and Power Protein Shake Powder 1.26 kg - Chocolate Mint

4.0 out of 5 stars Hit or miss depending on your taste buds, 26 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
In terms of protein quality, Maxi is a leading and trusted brand and worth the often slightly higher price tag. I've always noticed results whilst taking it with workouts and like to go for the Maxi brand over others if I can. However, taste wise, chocolate mint isn't my favourite. It is not terrible and undrinkable but I found it a little unusual in water. I think it's because you associate chocolate with milk so expect a really creamy taste and consistency but dissolved in water it is a little weird. Not the worst one but I tend to favour strawberry as it dissolves well and is somewhat reminiscent of angel delight. Mint is a very acquired taste also. Try a mint hot chocolate and see if you like that before opting for this flavour. Each serving is approx 263 calories and contains 30g of protein. The protein is the same across all the shakes but this one has a lot less calories so is more appropriate for those who are building muscle and cutting fat at the same time. If you're particularly skinny you might want to opt for one of the higher calorie ones.

MaxiNutrition Progain Mass and Size Protein Shake Powder 1.5 kg - Strawberry
MaxiNutrition Progain Mass and Size Protein Shake Powder 1.5 kg - Strawberry

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality taste and product, 17 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Tried a few different Maximuscle products over the years and always have great results with them as a workout supplement. I'm quite a skinny guy so this shake is a good way for me to easily add more quality calories to my day without having to resort to eating junk (which isn't a wise option anyway to gain weight). It is not only a good way to add calories though, I'd recommend it for anyone lifting needing quality protein post workout; there is noticeable gain after using this shake for about two weeks. Each shake is about 500 calories and contains 31g of protein.

Tastewise I always find the strawberry one the best in all the different maxi products. It dissolves pretty well in water with a good stir and if it does lump up a little it doesn't make it difficult or bland to drink. Some of the other flavours have the tendency to taste a little synthetic and lump up a lot more than the strawberry one. Best way to describe the taste is like strawberry angel delight. Taste is always going to be an acquired thing but strawberry is the kindest option in my opinion.

Wahl Elite Pro Main Hair Clipper Kit
Wahl Elite Pro Main Hair Clipper Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Elite and professional, 11 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Can't really fault this at all. Really popular in america and I have noticed an increasing amount of barbers/hairdressers now use these in the UK so this really is a professional choice if you want a sound investment.

It comes with all the attachments you need and expect in addition to a comb and a pair of scissors. The cherry on the top was the really smart case to put it in.

If you cut your own hair or you want to start doing so, this is one of the better models and a professional barbers choice!

MaxiNutrition Promax Protein Shake Powder 1.12 kg - Banana
MaxiNutrition Promax Protein Shake Powder 1.12 kg - Banana

4.0 out of 5 stars Banana: a bit of a flavour miss, 5 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
In terms of protein quality, Maxi is a leading and trusted brand and worth the often slightly higher price tag. I've always noticed results whilst taking it with workouts and like to go for the Maxi brand over others if I can. However, taste wise, I would opt out of this banana one in the future. It is not terrible and undrinkable but I found it did not dissolve in water as well as the strawberry flavour and was quite synthetic tasting compared to some of the others. Imagine a banana flavoured candy and that's the kind of taste. I did notice slight indigestion problems with this flavour also. The strawberry ones tend to generally be quite delicious, somewhat reminiscent of angel delight.

Philips HX9044/26 Sonicare Adaptive Clean Brush Heads - Pack of 4
Philips HX9044/26 Sonicare Adaptive Clean Brush Heads - Pack of 4

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't let the colour of your brush worry you... these will fit your brush!, 29 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The best way to buy replacement heads is in bulk. The more in the pack the cheaper they tend to work out. Others have mentioned these fit most sonicare toothbrushes. Mine is the black HX9351 Diamond Clean model so I was a little worried these weren't the right brush heads because the colour didn't match. They work just fine though.

Will & Grace Complete - The Ultimate Collection [DVD] [1998]
Will & Grace Complete - The Ultimate Collection [DVD] [1998]
Dvd ~ Eric McCormack

5.0 out of 5 stars Manufacturing issue fixed?, 7 July 2015
As a more recent purchaser of this item (the negative reviews are largely from four years ago) I can confirm I didn't encounter any problems. All disks worked fine and contained all the correct episodes. Hopefully this means the DVD manufacturers realised there was a problem with this set and have fixed these issues.

I did find some of the menus unusual e.g when you put a disk back in you've already watched it will automatically play the first episode from the disk no matter what episode you were on. All I can say is, this is quickly fixed by becoming familiar with the 'menu' button on your remote which will take you back to the main menu. This wasn't a huge issue for me at all. A rather phenomenal price to own the entire series!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 13, 2015 5:36 PM BST

Rimmel London Lasting Finish Cream Concealer Number 020, Light
Rimmel London Lasting Finish Cream Concealer Number 020, Light

3.0 out of 5 stars Skin type dependent, 7 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I didn't find this concealer applied very conspicuously to the skin. I guess it is largely down to skin type and how you moisturise but for me it flaked a lot and didn't blend as well as I wanted. Also worth noting even the 'very light' wasn't completely well suited to very fair skin.

NAILS INC Mini Colour Collection
NAILS INC Mini Colour Collection

4.0 out of 5 stars An idiot proof gift, 28 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Five different colours and attractively presented. This is marketed through its presentation as a great fit idea and would be perfect for a girl you know who wears nail varnish. A particularly great secret santa idea!

Hallmark Wedding Card 'Laugh Often Love Long' - Medium
Hallmark Wedding Card 'Laugh Often Love Long' - Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars A more 'personal' looking card for the special couple in your life, 8 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I chose this specific card more because of the writing inside as it seemed more modern sounding and not as mushy or uninspired as the other cards available. My friends come from a Disney background so the Happily Ever After seemed fitting for them.

It's well made and looks a little different than your average card. They are very dear friends to me and I wanted a card that looked a bit more special than the generic kind you find at Asda. This did the job for me. Perfect if you want something a little more swish and distinct looking for the big day.

Murad Environmental Shield Essential-C Day Moisture SPF30 50 ml
Murad Environmental Shield Essential-C Day Moisture SPF30 50 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely smell and consistency but can't justify the expense, 8 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First off, I am a man and there's no reason to suggest this cream is primarily for women. As with the majority of skin products they market towards women or do a specific mens line but what they don't tell you is, the ingredients are largely the same. Don't be fooled into thinking womens products are not suitable for men and vice versa.

As it goes this cream has a very pleasant orange scent to it which is completely neutral and actually compliments one of my colognes really nicely (Boss Orange).

This is the first skincare product I have used that I would class as 'expensive'. I've stuck with what I've known for years which is largely the Nivea for Men Q10 product range. This specific product is very much the consistency of sun screen without being overly greasy but takes a little longer to absorb than my usual skin care products.

I've been using the cream for two weeks now and can't say I've noticed a dramatic difference in my skin. Despite having a nice complexion anyway, there's a bit of added clarity but not enough to persuade me away from the much more affordable Nivea for Men range. I also found it is perhaps not very beneficial to areas of the face you shave as the product is obviously not really intended to combat shaving irritation and whatnot.

Another note worth adding is both myself and my mum experienced some irritation in the eyes from this cream. The box does say do not apply to eye area but it should really have a more severe warning against even going remotely near your eyes. If like me you feel the need to dab a bit on the circles under your eyes you may experience irritation also, so just be mindful of that. While this product is great at protecting your face from environmental issues, if you want an all round cream that is also anti-aging and combats other skin issues like dark circles you're going to need additional products. Murad make plenty of other additional products but buying those makes their skin care regime out of the average persons affordability. If that's not an issue for you these products are really nice.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19