Profile for Benson > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
Gillette Fusion Manual Razor with Flexball Technology
Gillette Fusion Manual Razor with Flexball Technology
Offered by Activecare Online

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth a try but all down to personal preference, 23 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm upgrading from the previous Fusion ProGlide model (with no flexball). I noticed a VERY distinct difference right away compared to the old model so it takes some getting used to. It is a very different feel on your skin. I felt the precision/glide of the shave had stepped up so much you could barely feel it on your skin and thus wasn't completely sure how much pressure to use. My brother tried one at the same time and we found the first few uses were quite sore compared to older models.

Now I've been using it for a good two weeks I can't say it gives a much better shave than its predecessor. I am very clean shaven and I still have to go over my face just as many times as the old model. On closer inspection of the blades between the two models they look completely the same, so it is just a matter of preference whether you enjoy the feel of the flexball technology or not.

This one is definitely down to preference but worth a try if you need a new razor. I personally prefer its predecessor.

I don't know if it was a manufacturing error but my razor actually came with two spare blades. Better value to buy the 'starter pack' with five blades though.

Gillette Fusion ProGlide Manual Razor Starter Kit with Flexball Technology--Pack of 1

3.0 out of 5 stars Rollerball comes down to preference, 23 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm upgrading from the previous Fusion ProGlide model (with no roller ball). I noticed a VERY distinct difference right away compared to the old model so it takes some getting used to. It is a very different feel on your skin. I felt the precision of the shave had stepped up so much you could barely feel it on your skin and thus wasn't completely sure how much pressure to use. My brother tried one at the same time and we found the first few uses were quite sore compared to old models.

Now I've been using it for a good two weeks I can't say it gives a much better shave than its predecessor. I am very clean shaven and I still have to go over my face just as many times as the old model. On closer inspection of the blades between the two models they look completely the same, so it is just a matter of preference whether you enjoy the feel of the roller blade technology or not.

It's worth noting the razor on its own comes with two spare blades even though the box says one. It is still a better buy to get this pack with four spares.

Seagate STDZ500400 500 GB 2.5-Inch Seven USB 3.0 External Hard Drive
Seagate STDZ500400 500 GB 2.5-Inch Seven USB 3.0 External Hard Drive

4.0 out of 5 stars Slickest looking hard drive ever, 3 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Firstly I have to comment on the packaging which I found to be very sleek and secure with its foam lining inside. I will personally be keeping mine as a safe way to store the hard drive when I'm not using it.

The hard drive itself is a very cool looking piece of kit, a bit bigger than an original iPod classic in terms of size but certainly much heavier than the Apple gizmo. The weight you might expect from a device described as 'steel'. This isn't a drawback for me as I'd imagine the materials keep the hard drive very safe from drops and wear and tear. I also can't deny the colour and appealing thin design of the drive looks great with my iMac system. While my other samsung hard drive is a lot lighter, it is much thicker than this seagate design, and not so appealing visually.

Using the hard drive with my mac system was extremely simple. Was literally a case of plug in and go. I prefer the 'drag and drop' system I'm used to but there is a dashboard program included if desired which allows you to sync your hard drive to such back up systems as dropbox, flickr and even Facebook (if required, you don't have to install this program).

If you want something that looks smart and colour codes well with a mac system, look no further. If you are going to transport your hard drive around a lot I'd recommend something much lighter as the steel design does make it considerably heavier than other hard drives. The 500GB storage may be the biggest drawback for many. My mac has 1TB storage. While this hard drive is sufficient for back ups right now because I am way under 500GB, I may have issues in the future as my computer gets more full. This is something to bear in mind if you have the tendency to really fill up your hard drive.

Dettol Mould and Mildew Remover Spray 750 ml (Pack of 3)
Dettol Mould and Mildew Remover Spray 750 ml (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars As simple as it sounds, 24 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's hard to describe this in-depth because it is literally as it sounds... you spray, you don't need to scrub, wait a few seconds and you just wash down. On the plus it has a pleasant odour and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend. I'm already on the look out for it on offer so I can have another bottle on standby. A lot of sprays like this are gimmick and don't deliver so well on their no 'elbow grease' promise. I couldn't fault this one though.

Revlon Blush Brush
Revlon Blush Brush

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality brush, 24 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Revlon Blush Brush (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Passed this to my sister in law who said the following...

A nice soft brush but for me it's slightly too big for blusher (however, that is just a matter of preference). Personally, I'm more likely to use this as a bronzer brush. There was absolutely no shedding which is great as that is a pet hate of mine. Overall, a lovely quality make up brush and I would definitely purchase more from this brand in the future. It comes well packaged.

Revlon Nail Enamel - 14.7 ml, Red
Revlon Nail Enamel - 14.7 ml, Red

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely red, 5 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I passed this to my sister in law who said the following...

This is a lovely vibrant shade of red ideal for date nights or valentines. I applied mine on top of glue on nails and only needed one coat and it was very glossy. I wore it for my hen weekend as it fitted the theme and came back with no chips. It's been almost a week now and still no chipping. Overall I'm very pleased with this nail enamel and would buy this brand again in the future.

Igenix Frost Watch Convector Heater, 500 Watt, White
Igenix Frost Watch Convector Heater, 500 Watt, White
Offered by SENDERCITY

2.0 out of 5 stars No impact, 1 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Definitely check on the measurements before ordering as this little heater is tiny. It's only really practical for a very tiny space, perhaps a very small hall way by your front door or a small shed.

Everything is included to mount onto a wall and is pretty much a plug in and go item. Very simple to operate by just turning the thermostat knob.

I tested the heater out in my own bedroom as the size of my room is almost enough to rival harry Potter's 'cupboard under the stairs'. It is a very small room. I tested it at a point in the day when it was cold and our general heating had not been put on for the day so I could really feel the effect of the little heater, if any. I first put the heater on as high as it could go and as you'd expect with these kind of heaters they turn off when too hot. This little guy was too hot within a couple minutes so it pretty much comes on for a couple minutes then goes off for a couple minutes.

All in all I didn't feel it made a significant impact on the temperate of the room at all. I wasn't even convinced putting it in a broom cupboard would do much because it goes off so quickly. A nice design and easy to operate but the size means it can't withhold much temperature at all so you'd need to go bigger if you're going for this kind of heater.

Title
Title

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable and fun, 26 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Title (Audio CD)
After the success of 'All About That Bass' and 'Lips are Movin' it became evident this album was going to be a hit regardless. But is it any good?

The short answer is yes. If you enjoyed the first two singles you will definitely find something to like.

The songs on the album continue in a very similar vain throughout... a retro sounding thickly harmonised, doo-wop, 50s girl groups inspired style; somewhat of a new age 'Grease' in a lot of ways. The only real negative thing is the often poorly written lyrics. While 'Dear Future Husband' is as catchy as they come and a sure-fire future hit for its pure catchiness... the lyrics will surely irritate any self respecting woman where Trainor sings 'If you treat me right, I'll be your perfect wife, buying groceries, buying what you need' amongst other random lyrics. A stark contrast to 'All About Bass' which proudly celebrates being a bigger size than the conventional 'thin'. Later in 'Title' comes the lyric 'don't call me boo like you're some kind of ghost' but just rectifies the confusion you feel as a listener when you have other songs that are pure gems both lyrically and musically.

That aside it should make it evident to anyone this album is pure fun and doesn't try to be much else other than when you get to the outstanding duet with John Legend 'Like I'm Gonna Lose You'. Trainor can obviously get very soulful and sounds Corinne Baily-Rae esque on this track.

All in all an enjoyable listen.

Philips Sonicare HX9351/04 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush Black
Philips Sonicare HX9351/04 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Fool proof, 25 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Firstly, whoever said this toothbrush was noisy has obviously never had an electric toothbrush in their life. A little noise is expected but for the record of all the electric toothbrushes I've owned this one is the quietest one.

A few months ago I changed my brush to one of the Braun oral b blu tooth brushes which you can pair with a smartphone. While these brushes are amazing they are rather on the complicated side when it comes to using it with your phone.

The Philips brush has very similar brushing features in that there are different settings to brush on - clean, white, polish, gum care and sensitive. However, the Philips brush is much easier to navigate and it doesn't pair with a smart phone so the complexity of the brush is pretty much zero. There is one button and the setting is clearly lit up on the brush. Fool proof really.

Cleaning wise it gives a really good clean and it really feels like it after brushing. The charging glass is both practical and handy because brushes tend to drip residue after brushing. It's a rather light brush compared to other electric ones and the travel case makes it perfect for transporting.

A great brush really without all the added complexity that similar high gizmo brushes have.

Decorated: Sublimely Crafted Cakes for Every Occasion
Decorated: Sublimely Crafted Cakes for Every Occasion
by April Carter

5.0 out of 5 stars Cakealicious, 19 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a beautifully presented book and would make a great gift for anyone who loves baking cakes, novice or pro.

There are some very innovative and unusual recipes throughout such as the chocolate beetroot cake, lavender layer cake and toasted porter, peanut and chocolate cake. If you're not brave enough for those there are plenty of the more conventionally delicious such as the sea salted caramel chocolate cake and a red velvet and raspberry layer cake.

With the exception of a recipe for choux buns, Black Forest tarte and chocolate chip cookie layer cake all the recipes are for large cakes. There is not a cupcake section if you were particularly hoping for that. The author favours 'stacking' a lot as depicted in the image on the front cover so a good portion of the cakes really are quite elaborate.

While the recipes would excite any cake maker there is an extensive section for the novice detailing everything from how to make buttercream to setting up a piping bag. Many of the cakes make extensive use of piping. There is also a 'final touches' section detailing how to make crystallised rose petals and painting with edible good lustre dust amongst other things.

I'll reiterate... wonderful gift for any kind of cake enthusiast.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 24, 2014 9:42 AM GMT