Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Roman Remains" (East Anglia, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Santana IV
Santana IV

5.0 out of 5 stars It grows....., 15 April 2016
This review is from: Santana IV (Audio CD)
Yes, it might be an old sound but the musicianship is outstanding - particularity Neal Schon. A whopping 70 plus minutes - already on my 3rd play and this is growing all the time. Very good production values too. Just a bit annoying that we are ripped off in the UK once again - £9.99 here and only $8.99 (about £6.50) in the US

Brennan B2 (2Tb, Black)
Brennan B2 (2Tb, Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars A few glitches along the way - but well worth it!, 30 Jan. 2016
I have a CD collection of over 1700 CD's and for some time now I have been looking for a single and simple one box solution that would allow me to rip my CD's in a lossless way and also hook up to my existing Hi-Fi. There are many server and streamer solutions but these include a degree of technical competence, the use of unreliable NAS and a potentially heavy outlay. The ordering process via the Brennan web site is not very friendly - especially when you place the order and then get an email that tells you tracking is not available and it could take take up to 28 days for delivery! You then get a subsequent email that does in fact say "see tracking information" - the courier name is helpfully blanked out and the delivery date is the current time! As a first time Brennan customer this was almost enough for me to cancel the order - if they cannot get the customer interface right how could they get anything else right?

So, after they almost shot themselves in the foot, Brennan delivered a fine piece of kit that looks good, and is very robust. One word of warning though - if you intend to hook up your own speakers to the B2 itself, do not use high quality metal banana plugs - the input sockets are too close together and although you can just about make them fit, they are touching each other - not very clever. Therefore use some cheap and cheerful plastic sheathed banana plugs and away you go.

The documentation on how to set up and use the B2 is at a "work in progress" stage - so a little bit of intuition will come in handy but it's all worth while. The web based User Interface (UI) is very good. Nowhere in the documentation does it tell you what an OLED is but I figured this is the LED display screen on the B2 - not sure what the "O" stands for. The lack of a mains off switch on the front of the B2 is also a bit irritating (if you install it insides a hi-fi cabinet with other kit on a hidden shared power block). All this is a bit nit picky as the machine rips your CD's very quickly (up to 20 times speed) and also finds the relevant album info on the on-line database at an impressive speed too.

Early days, but it all looks good and I look forward to future software releases which might provide a few more useful bells and whistles. Recommended.

UPDATE 7/3/2016 - I have now ripped 1850 albums and some 25,000 tracks! A few small glitches along the way where the on screen UI seemed to be out of synch with the database - or else everything just froze. A re-boot or scan seemed to fix things and now that my CD collection is al held in FLAC, and the B2 is connected to my Hi-Fi system I am very please with the end result. I initially connected via the combined phono/optical output to the aux channel in my amplifier but the B2 output levels seems to be set very low, so I then connected via the optical output and an Amazon sourced DAC (Digital to Analogue Converter) and the results are MUCH better. Hard to tell the difference now between a CD playing on my NAIM CD player and the B2 FLAC version! Back-up was a bit tricky as my FAT32 formatted external drive was consistently ignored by the B2 ("no USB connection"). Playing around with the B2 menu I stumbled upon a command to "format USB drive" or something similar. Having used the B2 to reformat the connected external drive, it was then recognised by the "USB functions" and I was able to back everything up. Took 14 hours or so, but all ran OK. So.. a few scary moments but I have now arrived in a safe place and I am very pleased with my purchase.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 17, 2016 9:50 PM GMT

TESCO HUDL 2 Tablet Case, Fyy Ultra Slim Lightweight Premium PU Leather Smart Cover Multi-Angle Stand Case for TESCO HUDL 2 (2014 Version) Black
Offered by FYY EU Tech

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job!, 24 Aug. 2015
I bought an official Tesco supplied so called "leather" case for £25 and was so appalled at the poor quality and horrible smell that i took it straight back for a refund. I came to Amazon to look for something suitable and this case is just perfect. It makes no pretensions about being leather but in fact looks very presentable, has no horrible synthetic smells and most importantly it fits the Hudll 2 like a glove. Best of all - its a great price too.

Worlds Apart
Worlds Apart

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic AOR album - I'm really surprised that these guys ..., 17 July 2015
This review is from: Worlds Apart (Audio CD)
A fantastic AOR album - I'm really surprised that these guys have not come onto my radar screen before now

SanDisk Extreme 64 GB Micro SDHX UHS-I Class 10 U3 Memory Card up to 60 MB/s Read FFP

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware if you have an old card reader!, 17 July 2015
Beware - if you have an old card reader then this card will only register as a 32GB card even though its 64GB. Thus, for example., it is indeed suitable for a Windows 7 device but not if you have an old card reader attached. Confused - I certainly was and I believe the description should carry a health warning to avoid pointless sales and then returns for what appears to be a card not as described

Philips HD4671/20 Energy Efficient Kettle, 3000 W , 1.7 L - Brushed Metal
Philips HD4671/20 Energy Efficient Kettle, 3000 W , 1.7 L - Brushed Metal

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than the rest, 19 Feb. 2015
An excellent kettle. It doesn't leak (like many similar kettles) and it doesn't get stained on the outside in a hard ater area (as other kettles do). Verpy pleased

Mr. Beams MB720 Wireless Battery-Powered Motion-Sensing LED Stick-Anywhere Nightlight

5.0 out of 5 stars The best yet, 19 Feb. 2015
So enlightening! Does a great job lighting up under the stairs.

Einhell EINBTHT90 Folding Truck 90 kg Capacity
Einhell EINBTHT90 Folding Truck 90 kg Capacity

2.0 out of 5 stars A bad truck, 19 Feb. 2015
If only it was well made. Badly let down by sloppy engineering and/or quality control. Look elsewhere

Trivial Pursuit Party Board Game
Trivial Pursuit Party Board Game
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Far superior to the original TP board game, 19 Feb. 2015
Far superior to the original TP board game. This one is fast and involves all players in the new game rules. If Hasbro have any sense they will stick with this as their mainstream game and produce an annual set of new cards.

Time Signatures
Time Signatures

5.0 out of 5 stars Time will tell - but all good here!, 19 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Time Signatures (Audio CD)
I bought this CD on the strength of her Acoustic Alchemy CD. Boy can this lady sing. A wonderfully produced set and I cannot understand why she has yet to make a major breakthrough.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9