Profile for Thea Schultheiss > Reviews

Content by Thea Schultheiss

Thea Schultheiss (Northants, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
USA Gear Compact Neoprene Digital Camera Case / Velcro Travel Pouch with Carrying Carabiner Clip- Will fit Sony Cyber-Shot DSC RX100 II , RX100 , WX200 , WX300 , W830 , HX50V , WX60 , WX80 & More Cameras
Offered by Accessory Genie
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Little Neoprene Camera Case, 6 May 2014
I wouldn't normally write a review for an item that met my expectations and simply did the job it was intended for, but some reviewers seem a little harsh on small menial items... this is a camera case after all, it's not going to change your life.

It basically does what it says on the tin. The case is made from neoprene (wetsuit type material) and this does a good job at moderate protection whilst remaining lightweight. One reviewer commented that it's more like a sleeve than a case and will only offer minimal protection... so they must have purchased it without reading the item description otherwise they would have known what it was made of.

The product is well made, good stitching and provides a belt loop and carabiner clip, I can imagine this item lasting plenty of years.

I purchased this for an Olympus XZ-2 and although not advertised for that I looked at the measurements and decided to give it a go. It's a bit tight but it does the job for me and I won't be marking it down as it was not advertised to fit this camera.

For 6 it's does what it is supposed to and is well made.

The Art of the Muscle Car: Collector's Edition
The Art of the Muscle Car: Collector's Edition
by David Newhardt
Price: 40.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Dang!, 1 May 2014
This is the big daddy of muscle car books and a feast for the eyes. The book is pretty huge, and heavy and would easily double as a weight training tool.... but you don't want to do that, you'll just want to sit and marvel at the pure sexiness of these incredible car photos. The black and gold cover is to die for.

Now it sounds like I bought this for me, but I actually bought it for my man, who as you may have guessed is American Muscle car obsessed. If he wrote a review on this it would be long and a bit crude... did I mention this book is sexy as hell?!

Along with the irresistible photos the book has a decent amount of writing and some great under the hood photos too which often aren't included in these types of publications. Good photos of V8s are a must for muscle car fanatics!

He was completely engrossed in this book as soon as I gave it to him and read it from cover to cover over the next few days. He's not new to muscle cars, and has a pretty deep knowledge of the different makes and models, why and when they came about and the links between them, but even then there were some good facts and interesting stories that this book provided that he didn't already know about. He also commented on how well it was written and what an engaging style the author has.

It was a well priced 30 when I bought it and I think it was great value for money. This is the ultimate coffee table book for muscle car enthusiasts but be warned they may be scarce for a few days after receiving it!

Lord & Berry Mascare Mascara Black
Lord & Berry Mascare Mascara Black
Price: 10.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Nice Mascara, 1 May 2014
For years I've been looking for a replacement for Dior's Diorshow mascara, nice but only reasonably priced if you own a Lambo and live in Malibu.

At less than half the price, this is the next best thing, no wait, it's probably better. Ok, so it's still not a cheap mascara but it's equivalent to most other medium-end brands.

I'm a fat wand type of girl and this brush head is huge. The mascara is creamy and blacker than a Norwegian death metal band member's combined souls. So black you will need two cotton pads and makeup remover to get it all off. But that is the only slight downside I can find.

Highly recommended.

Manuka Health - MGO 400+ Manuka Honey - 250g
Manuka Health - MGO 400+ Manuka Honey - 250g
Price: 22.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Honey I Shrunk My Zits, 1 May 2014
Forget eating this stuff, slather it on your face for a refreshing, albeit slight sticky, soothing and smoothing face mask.

As Manuka honey is very effective for healing wounds it also works wonders if you have acne prone skin. Also seems to help fade those angry red post-acne scars.

I have been using it at night, smothering half a teaspoon's worth over my face and leaving for 15-25 mins. Rinse with warm water and you can feel the soothing, anti bacterial benefits. Skin feels softer in the morning too. This honey has a high manuka factor or MGO in this case, the higher the better and more antibacterial. It is very thick though, I like to add a few drops of organic grape seed oil which helps it glide on better and has great skin benefits in itself.

For active acne apply a small blob and cover with a plaster and leave on until the morning, brings acne to a head (apologies for the visuals, bleugh!) and helps heal faster.

Oh, and you can eat it.

Snow Yak Show, The (Postcard Book)
Snow Yak Show, The (Postcard Book)
by Mark Ryden
Edition: Card Book

5.0 out of 5 stars One word...., 11 May 2010
.... awesome!

If you like Ryden's work you'll love these postcards - probably the only way us mere morals will hold his work in our hands!

Really nice quality, but you won't want to post them. Frame them.

BLACK PLASTIC 4 DRAWER TROLLEY
BLACK PLASTIC 4 DRAWER TROLLEY
Offered by Home Discount Ltd
Price: 33.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, 11 May 2010
This review is from: BLACK PLASTIC 4 DRAWER TROLLEY
I did not buy this product from this company, so this review is not rating their service.

I bought mine from directly from Amazon - currently unavailable with them.

Product is of poor quality, drawers are flimsy and if you put anything remotely heavy in them they simply fall off their rails.

One castor wheel on mine was broken - rendering the other three useless.

Crome plating on the top is peeling after two months.

Because the drawers are open, items inside easily gather dust.

All in all, not recommended, certainly not unless you can get it for a bargain, such as a fiver.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 13 April 2010
Stair treds are a fantastic alternative to carpeting the whole stairs, having a stair runner or leaving the stairs bare.

These are sisal and very hard wearing and extremely easy to fit - just make sure to measure the depth of the stair to get the correct size.

I'm amazed that more people don't have these, I think we are slow in the UK to cotton on, obviously the Germans know what they're doing!

Highly recommended product - easy to replace if one were ever damaged - saves having to replace a whole carpet, and they look particularly stylish on against white stairs!

Moleskine Watercolour Notebook
Moleskine Watercolour Notebook
Price: 8.04

4.0 out of 5 stars Corser than a standard Mole, 2 Mar 2010
I bought this moleskine after having really liked the normal sketchbook but finding the paper just a little too smooth.

The watercolour paper is perfect in that respect, you can get good values and a variety of tones from graphite with the textured paper. I haven't used ink or watercolour on it yet, but I suspect it will do well given the thickness of the sheets.

Only real downside is that it's slightly lacking in size - it's meant to be landscape and it's verging on panoramic. I find it a little too narrow. I guess the new Folio watercolour pad will have solved that issue.

Moleskines are way too pricey, must be because they are "fashionable" but amazon's price is pretty competitive. Having said that they are well made, durable little buggers.

Recommended if you like the normal sketchbook but prefer a grainier paper.

Sony DCRSR57E Handycam Camcorder With Built-in 80GB Hard Disc Drive - Silver (61hrs)

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice BUT broken : (, 24 Feb 2010
I bought this as my first camcorder last month. The first thing that strikes you when you take it out of the box is it's size - it's literally tiny! But due to it's harddrive it has a good weight to it, so not bad to hold at all.

Unfortunately we discovered from the moment we turned it on that it was faulty, the LCD screen flickered intermittently, so much so that it was difficult to film with. Very disappointing.

We did some tests with it, and downloaded the footage, the picture quality was fine, and the flicker really was only the display and did not effect the filming.

Unfortunately it was too much to deal with and we sent it back. Amazon came good and gave me a full refund.

I've rated it 3 stars because although faulty, I think we were just unlucky and it was probably damaged it transit. Had it been without defects it would have been a great little camera. On the other hand, we did more research and instead opted for an HD camcorder, the Panasonic HDC-SD200 - which is just amazing if you are willing to spend anther 200!

Having said that, I think unless you are unlucky like us and get a faulty one, the DCR-SR37 is a good little camera for the price bracket.

Tattoo Delirium
Tattoo Delirium
by Eva Minguet
Price: 17.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice tattoo art book, 23 Aug 2009
This review is from: Tattoo Delirium (Paperback)
This book is well laid out, with a section dedicated to each of the 29 selected featured tattoo artists, with their answers to the basic questions asked to each one of them, and vibrant all-colour photos of their work, both tattoo, flash and traditional painting.

There are plently of different styles covered, traditional, neo-traditional, black and grey, portraits, horror and Japanese to name just some. Apart from the introduction and above mentioned short interviews this is a visual book, perfect for the coffee table. I would recommend this book to tattooists and collectors alike. It makes a pround addition to my expanding tattoo and general art book collection.

Page: 1 | 2