Profile for Rocco Barbini > Reviews

Content by Rocco Barbini

Rocco Barbini (North-western Italy)

Kullu Tamam!: An Introduction to Egyptian Colloquial Arabic
Kullu Tamam!: An Introduction to Egyptian Colloquial Arabic
by Manfred Woidich

5.0 out of 5 stars Learn Egyptian Arabic from scratch !, 15 Jun 2009
Contrarily to what the other review says, you definitely need arabic dialects to communicate. I graduated in Arabic and spent 2 months in Yemen to practice it, and believe me, outside the arabian peninsula very few people speak standard arabic.

The egyptian dialect is widely understood, though not as widely spoken, because Egypt produces loads of tv shows and films. And this book really helps.

I bought it after my graduation because I also wanted to speak Egyptian, and I would recomment it to anyone.

Neverwhere
Neverwhere
by Neil Gaiman

5.0 out of 5 stars Real fun., 15 Jun 2009
This review is from: Neverwhere (Paperback)
In this book Gaiman plays with London, using a fictional "London Below" to give shape and life to the names of the "London Above" we all know.

I really love this book.

Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion
Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion
by Robert B., PhD Cialdini

5.0 out of 5 stars You have to read this!, 29 April 2009
I'm what Dr. Cialdini calls a "compliance professional": a copywriter and a salesman. But, like everyone else, I'm also a consumer. This book was helpful and interesting for both sides of my personality.

If you want to persuade people, this book tells you how to do it. But beware: it also outlines a set of good practices to follow and of bad practices to avoid.

If you don't want to be persuaded, this book tells you how to avoid it. Learning the tricks used by people like me, you learn to use your mind only to decide what to do.

If you're just interested in the subject... well, even better. This book is full of references to its sources and to other researches in its field.

Ultimate German Basic: compact discs: Intermediate Course: CDs and Manual (Ultimate Course)
by Living Language

5.0 out of 5 stars The best way to learn German with self-study., 9 Jan 2009
I graduated in German and Arabic with 110 and lode, and this is probably the best self-study book about german I ever had a chance to read. It's complete and very well-structured.
If you want to learn German, with just this product you'll be able to study for months and to acquire all you need to read, write and communicate orally.

Can I Change Your Mind?: The Craft and Art of Persuasive Writing
Can I Change Your Mind?: The Craft and Art of Persuasive Writing
by Lindsay Camp

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrilling and Convincing, 17 Aug 2008
I'm an italian online travel agent and I bough this book, along with many others on this subject, to learn how to write my own copy (mostly) for the web.
This book really changed my professional life, helping me to raise dramatically the CTR of my adwords campaigns and to write better and better proposal to my prospects. A pair of months after I read this book, after learning to apply its principles to the italian language and to the tourism business, my sales rate almost doubled.
What I think is best, after reading several other books on this subject, is that "can I change your mind" ain't no step by step guide to writing copy. It doesn't promise you to make your copy better just by copying some model letters written by others. On the contrary, it gives you all you need to begin to write your own personalised pieces of persuasive writing for whatever purpose you need.