Profile for Alex > Reviews

70s Funky Afro Brown Wig
Offered by Blue Planet Online
Price: 2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Afro, 11 Jun 2012
This review is from: 70s Funky Afro Brown Wig (Toy)
This came quick in the post but needed a lot of work on it to get the fro' in full motion once it was unpacked!

Silent Alarm
Silent Alarm
Offered by Leisurezone
Price: 5.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally the perfect band !, 5 Feb 2005
This review is from: Silent Alarm (Audio CD)
I came across BLOC PARTY on MTV2 over the Summer where they were playing live on a some tv show, I think it was there were they were signed but either way - who cares.... the most important thing is they are HERE !!! I don't really know where to start with these guys, see them live and they are the most perfect tightest sounding band, every gig is guranteed to be sold out and people are left in a frenzy of how to cope with the amazing music so they dance, stomp, raise their fists into the air! This is what Bloc Party do to you - they bring out this energy which you just don't know what to do with. BANQUET, HELICOPTERS, and PIONEERS are just some examples of their greatness, never falling into one genre, and when they do they kick out into another SO HERE WE ARE is beautiful as is THIS MODERN LOVE- this band might be big in 2005, but they were big in 2004 - and I think they are going to keep being big because its been awhile since we've deserved a band, music, and dedicated guys like Bloc Party!
Buy it, buy the EP, buy the singles, and if you are lucky enough get a ticket and see them live..... and it could be your year too!

Breathe Me [CD 2]
Breathe Me [CD 2]
Offered by westcb
Price: 70.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Just buy it....., 30 July 2004
This review is from: Breathe Me [CD 2] (Audio CD)
First things first, Breathe Me, is my favourite track off Sia's fantastic second album - so why would I want to go and buy the single as well? Simply because the remixes we have on this single are absolutely fantastic, most noitceably the Four Tet remix and Mylo who both give the song a different angle of excellence. Four Tet seem to be always spot on with their mixes their other stuff including the likes of Imgoen Heap and Beth Orton. Whilst Mylo just seem to be quietly steaming through 2004 with nothing but superb buzzing all around them.
Mixes aside this song is truly beautiful, 'Ouch, I've lost myself again'.
Buy it, then buy the album, then go and see her.

Returner [DVD] [2004]
Returner [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Takeshi Kaneshiro
Offered by Just4-U-Media
Price: 9.92

5.0 out of 5 stars The Returner, 19 Jan 2004
This review is from: Returner [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
I saw this film advertised in a shop, and it completly blew me away, there was something about it that really lured me into it! Having only been on release recently i finally got to see it as I do believe that this film has been knocking around for quite a awhile.
First things first, this film is a great time filler, it presses almost two hours long which I think is pushing it a little bit but it seems to fly by completly... I didn't look at my watch once during it. The effects were outstanding and certainly showed up the Matrix in my own view. There were hints of other movies in there two, noticebaly Leon, but if you liked Leon, then you will like this and if you liked the Martix too... well this one makes sense.
The plot is pretty simple: a girl coming back from the future to save the demise of the planet from aliens, a pretty tough hitman with revenge on his mind, and a nasty sadistic killer causing all sorts of carnage... There is a mixture of everything in this, and unfortunetly I have to say it is a lil cheesy in places too but that doesn't stop it from being a great film! I think that it has be to seen just for the whole stopping time effect and though that is very Matrix it still looks absoutely amazing.
The cinematography is breath taking, the acting is superb as the main characters have a brilliant chemistry on screen, and the fight scenes are jaw droppingly good and great fun.
If you go in taking this film seriously you'll walk out disappointed, if you go in not expecting much and just a fun film, you will walk away thinking that it was well worth your time! If Sci-Fi and Martial Arts isn't your thing, head elsewhere!
Personally I thought that this was one of my fave films of all time- mentally taxing or not- i look forward to seeing it in my DVD collection in the future.
p.s A big Telly and surround sound would help a lot!