Profile for BB Albert Freddie King > Reviews

Content by BB Albert Fred...

BB Albert Freddie King (London)

Braun 51S Replacement Foil and Cutter Cassette Multi Silver BLS Combi Pack
Braun 51S Replacement Foil and Cutter Cassette Multi Silver BLS Combi Pack
Offered by SPARES-2-GO

5.0 out of 5 stars Different foil pattern to my original foil but works well, 9 Dec. 2012
This foil for Braun Series 5 razors has a slighly different pattern to that supplied with my original razor which I have had for 18 months (May 2011). This foil has regular spaced open holes whereas the original looked more random and had smaller holes. This maybe a new or updated foil pattern but looks more like the foil patterns I have had for other braun razors in the past. The foil works well so no problem there. The cutter looks to be exactly the same as the original

Behringer UFO202 U-phono USB Audio Interface
Behringer UFO202 U-phono USB Audio Interface

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well to download vinyl records to laptop in MP3 format but not quite "Plug and Play" for me, 27 July 2011
I wanted to convert my vinyl records into MP3's on my laptop as they are sitting in my loft. At first I looked at USB Turntables, such as the ION and Numark branded versions, but then came across this little device from Behringer. I have an old conventional turntable (a Dual CS 503-1) with phono leads out of it but understood I would need to have some form of pre-amp to turn the sound level to acceptable levels (I think it is called "line level"). My old turntable would give better results than the cheap looking USB turntables and this device would allow me to connect the turntable directly to the laptop (rather than going through a pre-amp, then the main amp, then having to connnect to the laptop with another lead from the amp). Using the Behringer UFO202 I also spent less than £28 (from Blue Aran), rather than £50 to £100+ for a USB turntable of questionable quality.
I downloaded the latest version of Audacity software from the internet (rather than use the included software discs) as I was led to believe this is a good bit of software for recording purposes. It is also free and very widely used. I connected up the turntable to the Behringer UFO202 and then to my Sony Vaio laptop, which is using Windows 7 Home Premium (32bit version) operating system. I looked at the instructions for Audacity software which are good but not as straight forward as you might think for USB connections, but I did get there in the end. It looked as though it all might work, but then I found that I had to adjust the recording level right down to reduce the distortion (I reduced it to 1 on a ten point scale - it typically should be around 7, I believe). I knew that this could not be right. I searched the web for clues and eventually found that Behringer have a USB Driver download on their site that sorts out this problem (look under XENYX/U-Control Downloads and select the download for your operating system - mine was the "32-bit USB ASIO driver"). So the problem is sorted. Who is to blame for having to download a USB driver is difficult to say - Is it Behringer? Is it Audacity or is it Microsoft Windows? It is one of those issues that can come up when you use a combination of IT products. But it does mean that for me it was not quite "plug and play". However, the final results are good and Barbara Jones singing "Why did you leave" sounds great in MP3 format. Hopefully, this tip will help someone else if they come across this problem. Now to download those Northern Soul singles that have still not been released on CD yet.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 12, 2012 7:42 PM BST