Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Page: 1 | 2
Frozen: Music from the Motion Picture Soundtrack (PVG) (Piano, Vocal, Guitar Songbook)
by Hal Leonard Publishing Corporation

4.0 out of 5 stars Rather more complicated than I had anticipated..., 11 July 2014
I love the music from Frozen and when this dropped through my door, I raced to the piano eager to sing along to the score. Unfortunately I'd failed to appreciate that my grade 8 piano just over a decade ago was going to be insufficient to actually be able to play it. For those who expect this to be the typical PVG book that is over simplified spoiling the song, you're in for a shock. I've had to take up practising scales and arpeggios again in an attempt to even vaguely do these beautiful pieces justice. The beauty of this is that once mastered, this score will bring the satisfaction we long for in PVG but until that time, well, it's really rather embarrassing!

WOW Hits 2010
WOW Hits 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Encouraging, 11 July 2014
This review is from: WOW Hits 2010 (Audio CD)
This cd is brilliant. I've only managed to listen to the first disc currently as I received two copies of disc one but it's worth buying simply for the first disc. I loved it so much, I've lined one up as a gift for a friend.
With a variety of songs by different artists, you get a mix of genres and this adds to the flavour of the cd. There's an undercurrent theme in the songs of grace, going out there for God and living His way. Not sure if this was intentional but it's nicely there anyway!
I was encouraged and inspired by the songs and can't wait to listen to disc 2.

Never Again Good-bye (Second Chances)
Never Again Good-bye (Second Chances)
by Terri Blackstock

4.0 out of 5 stars Feel good story, 11 July 2014
I really enjoyed reading this book, couldn't put it down. It's easy, light reading despite the topic and engages you. The book introduces the characters in the sequel at the end and begins their story. This is the best of the four books and well worth a read, if you want something easy that will distract you and make you feel good.

SODIAL(R) 12 Pcs Black Plastic Mini Hairpin 6 Claws Hair Clip Clamp for Ladies
SODIAL(R) 12 Pcs Black Plastic Mini Hairpin 6 Claws Hair Clip Clamp for Ladies
Offered by ULTRA TOP

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as described, 11 July 2014
These were not the size described in the listing, they are tiny.

The Magician in the Attic (The Curlew Chronicles Book 1)
The Magician in the Attic (The Curlew Chronicles Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Mindblowing, 11 July 2014
Without a doubt, this is one of the best books I've read recently. This is not my usual genre but I thought I would give it a chance. Little did I expect that I was beginning a rollercoaster three days of intense reading shaped by lost sleep, multi-tasking and snatched moments as I journeyed through a new and fascinating world.

The story follows Alex, a young magician, as he explores his passion for illusion and begins to release his potential and start to grasp the infinite possibilities his future holds. This foray into the unknown is guided by his new mysterious mentor and thus the book follows the development of their relationship as well as uncovering the secrets behind the trade.

Eloquently written, the descriptions are beautifully detailed, the story is believable and the characters draw you into their world. The plot flows at a fair pace but the depth of the prose is such that I was drawn to savouring every word instead of being compelled to read on and solve the mystery.

Filling the chronicle with plot twists, Caspian cleverly weaves details throughout the storyline that later become important, tying the narrative together. His meticulous attention to even the smallest detail is apparent, painting a comprehensive picture and enticing you to believe in the story.

The last chapters reveal answers bringing satisfaction and understanding and yet right at the final moment delivers a superb plot twist leaving you desperate for the next book and questioning what you know of the characters.

Caspian's passion for his subject comes across in his portrayal of the content and his intellect is shown in the scientific way he unpacks the illusions Alex is introduced to. Readers of all ages, backgrounds and interests will find something to capture them - there's even a hint of future love to satisfy us hopeless romantics.

I can't wait for the sequel to come out and follow the next part of Alex's journey! Take a risk on a new author, I promise you won’t be disappointed.

2 Sheets Female Strawberries & Flowers Wrapping Paper & 1 Gift Tag
2 Sheets Female Strawberries & Flowers Wrapping Paper & 1 Gift Tag
Offered by Cards Galore

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but should be prepared better!, 31 Aug. 2013
Wrapping paper was gorgeous, my friend loved it. Good quality paper. What was a shame was that the paper hadn't been folded neatly before posting so had lines at awkward angles. Otherwise this was great!

The Beauty and the Beast (La Bella e la Bestia) [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [Italian Import]
Dvd ~ Alan Menken
Offered by d-uk

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but could be better, 14 Dec. 2012
penny and the Beast is one of my favourite Disney films so I was really excited about seeing it in 3D. l was disappointed with this to be honest. It's not that it wasn't good - It's more that I was expecting it to be spectacular and it wasn't. l think that it might have been the old type of animation that didn't lend itself so well but I didn't feel the 3D worked as well as in say, Tangled. perhaps personal choice but I'll probably Stick to the normal version. µ those interested, it worked perfectly in English, it's just the case that's different.

We Bought a Zoo (DVD + Digital Copy)
We Bought a Zoo (DVD + Digital Copy)
Dvd ~ Matt Damon

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 14 Dec. 2012
I thought this film was excellent. Brilliant storyline, the acting is great, I was in tears! Matt Damon 's performance is powerful and he has real chemistry with Scarlett Johansson. The little girl is adorable and melts your heart. Thoroughly recommend.

The Color of Your Skin Ain't the Color of Your Heart (Shenandoah Sisters)
The Color of Your Skin Ain't the Color of Your Heart (Shenandoah Sisters)
by Michael R. Phillips

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 14 Dec. 2012
I loved this series of books. I was hooked from the first one. The characters are believable and you fall in love with them. It gives you an insight into life back then and the issue of racism. I thoroughly recommend this series.

Together is All We Need (Shenandoah sisters)
Together is All We Need (Shenandoah sisters)
by Michael R. Phillips