Profile for BunnyKissLondon > Reviews

Content by BunnyKissLondon

BunnyKissLondon (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
32" Strand Of Crackle Glass 8mm Rounds (At Least 100 Beads) Sunny Yellow HA01236

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value and excellent service, 12 Nov. 2012
I bought these strands in a variety of colours. I thought they were great value; I made four good size bracelets with each strand. They were also dispatched very quickly. However, a couple of the beads were smashed upon arrival. Despite this I would order from this seller again. Recommended.

Pink Candy Stripe Paper Bags - 5" x 7" - (1 pack =100 bags)
Pink Candy Stripe Paper Bags - 5" x 7" - (1 pack =100 bags)
Offered by ksgoods ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality but..., 25 Oct. 2012
These bags are very good quality for what you pay and I was very pleased that I had no shipping to pay. Delivery was also prompt which is never a bad thing. BUT what was not included in the item description is that the bags are linked together, rather than individually separated. Iin effect you need to rip/pull them from the loop each time you require a bag, which obviously tears them in one corner. If you are ok with this, go ahead and buy.

The Encyclopedia of Beading Techniques
The Encyclopedia of Beading Techniques
by Sara Withers

3.0 out of 5 stars Just alright, 25 July 2012
I bought this book in conjunction with the Jewellery and Beading guide for dummies because of the lack of colour images in the dummies book, and wanted to build up my collection of books in this area. While the book is in colour and has illustrated techniques, there is something about it that does not appeal to me. It could be something as simple as the font, I just found it not as appealing to read and therefore not as easy to follow as the dummies guide. Granted, there is the essentials section, the techniques section, etc but sadly I just do not use it as much as I would have liked.

TeckNet® New iPad 4, 3 & iPad 2 Dual-View Multi Angle Leather Folio Case Cover For New Apple iPad 4rd Generation, iPad 3 & iPad 2, With Magnetic Auto-Sleep - Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars A great quality purchase, 25 July 2012
This case arrived in good time and was well packaged. It has not come off my ipad since I put it on; its really soft and a pleasure to hold, and withstands all the scratches and general wear that using an ipad entails. I carry this around with me quite a bit on London transport and it never lets me down. I love the versatility this style of case affords; you can position your ipad in many different ways to suit your view, and i really like the choice of 3 ridges you can rest the ipad on when in horizontal view, so you can bring it closer to your eyes or adjust when in sunlight. A great quality purchase, and very good value considering cases such as this retail in the Apple store from at least £40!

Making Jewellery with Gemstone Beads
Making Jewellery with Gemstone Beads
by Barbara Case

5.0 out of 5 stars Precious beading info galore, 25 July 2012
I decided to buy this book from amazon because it is way cheaper than in craft stores and the like. It is a beautifully presented book, so is a great idea to give as a gift for both beginners and experienced beaders alike.
It mainly covers the types of semi precious beads available such as amethyst and amber, and their qualities to the wearer, so content such as this would appeal even more to those interested in the spiritual side of jewellery. There are clear instructions on how to make pieces using the beads interspersed with the main pages. The photos of the raw materials and finished pieces are beautiful so this would make a nice coffee table book too!

Jewelry Making and Beading For Dummies
Jewelry Making and Beading For Dummies
by Heather Dismore

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful and informative, 25 July 2012
Despite some of the negative reviews about this book, I decided to get this one after picking it up in a craft store, but bought it on amazon because it was cheaper!
It may be US-orientated, but the information is plentiful and useful nevertheless. It is really comprehensive so will be an essential for the jewellery/beading novice that I am. It covers everything a beginner like me needs; including the essentials such as threading and finishing, the different types of beads available and a really good section on starting your own business which includes ideas such as holding a beading party for your friends. The images may be outdated but the lively and helpful instructions certainly arent. Worth buying.

Designer Doodles
Designer Doodles
by Nellie Ryan

5.0 out of 5 stars Colouring in - for grown-ups too!, 12 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Designer Doodles (Paperback)
I bought this colouring book as I thought it was an interesting concept - designer doodles to spark the teenage and/or grown -up imagination.
It is a great product; I flick through the pages for inspiration and as a anytime pick-me-up. The ideas are lovely; "Design your own designer fragrance" and "Dress the catwalk models" is such a pleasure to complete, and relevant to followers of fashion. It is a good quality item too, the book is slightly larger than A4 size, bound well and the cover is printed on colourful card so it feel more indulgent than the average run-of-the-mill coloring book. I bought the Fabulous Doodles colouring book too, which is aimed at much younger females, but a pleasure to own nonetheless. And at these cheap Amazon prices, why not?

Staedtler Triplus Colour 323 SB20 Fibre-Tip Pen Desktop Box - Assorted Colours (Pack of 20)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful pen pack, 12 Oct. 2011
I bought the set of twenty for a comprehensive rainbow assortment of pens. It is well worth spending a bit more for a better variety of colours than the ten-pack. Delivery was prompt and the desktop case the pens come in is very handy for propping up during use, so you can just grab a colour easily and quickly.
The felt nib drew smoothly and comfortably, with no ink blotting, and the ink did not seep through the page which is always good. The ink quality is great, very vibrant and accurate to the pen-case colour, and is suitable for young children through to adults.
I bought this in conjunction with the Designer Doodles and Fabulous Doodles colouring book; and I think together these items would make a great female present. Designer Doodles

Entre Nous: A Woman's Guide to Finding Her Inner French Girl
Entre Nous: A Woman's Guide to Finding Her Inner French Girl
by Debra Ollivier

4.0 out of 5 stars American Adoration for French living, 16 Sept. 2011
I have a thing for books which celebrate the French way of life so bought this book to add to my collection which includes Parisian Chic by Ines de la Fressange, Two Lipsticks and a Lover by Helena Frith Powell and How to Shrug Like the French by Charles Timoney. Amazon do not expressly state that this book is aimed at the American audience so I was a bit surprised when I read the reviews on the front of the book. The author lived in France for a number of years so this book is a recollection of her experiences there. It references her French friend as a source of style inspiration, as well as providing cute little boxes throughout the book which provide outlines of famous French actresses, writers and the like. The book is divided into sections on the body, the head and the heart, the cooking and the home, all of which are interesting to read about. The author's adoration for the French way of living is plain to see, although it does seem to simplify the French a bit too much; I assume for the American readers, who can simply read about and then copy her tips. I found this book to be a pleasant read, which can be dipped into at leisure.

Black Apple's Paper Doll Primer, The
Black Apple's Paper Doll Primer, The
by Emily Winfield Martin

5.0 out of 5 stars A cool and inspirational crafters book, 7 Sept. 2011
I loved this book; it was great to see the author's own world of paper dolls including the dolls, clothes, accessories - including wigs and glasses! - and the backdrops such as the circus, a dark forest and a theatre. It really inspired play and creativity; and the section about how to create a paper doll of oneself - also complete with clothes and accessories of your choice - was useful and inspiring. I loved the author's artwork; its dark yet cute, which I found really appealing to the goth inside me.
I really recommend this book as an essential to crafters who are looking for something different, and to those readers who love goth/cute imagery.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4