Profile for BunnyKissLondon > Reviews

BunnyKissLondon (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Too Faced Glamour to go Make up Kit
Too Faced Glamour to go Make up Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality and value for money - ideal gift!, 3 Sept. 2015
This compact is really good value for money - this kit is selling in the region of £30 in other shops so grab this bargain while you can! The lipglosses and eyeshadows are really good quality as are the applicators and mirror. They also have a pleasant chocolate-y smell. I bought 3 of these to give as gifts for Christmas, I know my friends will love them. The seller also dispatched the items quickly and packaged them well to protect against damage.

BlingGiftShop® 6 x Starbucks Hot Chocolate Kawaii Decoden Cabochons Flatback craft DIY Embellishments
Offered by BLINGGIFTSHOP UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant items and seller, 26 Jun. 2015
These are so cute! The detailing is perfect and you can tell straightaway that these are high quality. I am going to use these for my Decoden designs, and I am sure they will look great. The seller - BlingGiftShop - was very efficient and I pretty much received my order the following day. Amazing. Top seller, top items = recommended. Thank you!

LITTLE FRIENDS Paris 100 Indoor Rabbit Cage with Accessories 100cm
LITTLE FRIENDS Paris 100 Indoor Rabbit Cage with Accessories 100cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 12 Nov. 2014
I am very pleased with this cage and recommend it to others.
It arrived well packaged and assembly was straightforward (which is probably why no instructions are provided!). Every item was wrapped, but the hay rack unfortunately cannot be used because on one of its hooks must have been damaged in transit, and had broken off.
The (red) accessories included are excellent quality, and make this cage a great starter kit for new indoor rabbit owners. There is a feeding bowl, water bottle and corner toilet all included, although I removed the 'roof' of the toilet because even my dwarf bunny struggled to get inside and turn around to do his business! The ramp and platform fit securely together, and the cage 'walls' concertina together when you fold them so this makes it easy to transport.
This cage looks roomy and well worth the money.

How to be a Professional Makeup Artist: A Comprehensive Guide for Beginners
How to be a Professional Makeup Artist: A Comprehensive Guide for Beginners
by G M Reyna

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad overview actually, 11 Mar. 2014
This book is aimed at the US market so all of the 'where to buy' tips can become pretty useless for us UK-based readers.
Despite that, however, I found this book gave me quite a good overview of makeup artistry.
It is mainly in bullet-point format which got a bit samey throughout the book, but this may prove useful for those who prefer their information akin to a Powerpoint presentation. There are also a lot of spelling mistakes.
The information is practical and useful, but as mentioned, presentation and some proof-reading would not go amiss if I were to take this book more seriously.

Trixie Nylon Trolley, 36  50  27 cm, Black/ Grey
Trixie Nylon Trolley, 36 50 27 cm, Black/ Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent transportation for my pet rabbit, 11 Mar. 2014
I usually have to bring my rabbit to the vet in a standard pet carrier which became difficult once the rabbit gained weight.
She also moves around quite a bit while I am carrying her - usually to the front to watch the world go by - which makes it even more awkward to carry!
Given the positive reviews for the Trixie Nylon Trolley I decided to give it a try. Amazon dispatched and packaged the item well, and it arrived in good time.
It requires minimal self assembly, but once set up it looks like it will be good quality.
My average-sized rabbit fits comfortably inside and sits inside it quite happily - still being able to watch the world go by - while being rolled along. I am also pleased with the rucksack conversion aspect of this item.
I did have to pad the bottom of the trolley with a blanket to make it more comfortable for my rabbit, and I am slightly concerned that she might nibble on the thin mesh material, but otherwise I would recommended this for those with small - but heavy to carry - animals such as rabbits!

Amore Wedding Planner Organiser gift
Amore Wedding Planner Organiser gift
Offered by UK GIFT STORE ONLINE

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice gift idea, 13 Feb. 2014
I bought this planner for myself in order to help me with my wedding lists etc.
The seller dispatched quickly and packaged the item nicely.
The item is very nice to look at and the ideal engagement gift, so I am pleased I bought it.
The metal wedding rings on the front are also lovely.
It is split into sections with useful lists at the start of each, such as '12 months before, visit venues' but these are written in a typical brief bold font so I would not use this as my only guide.
The paper provided is obviously not enough for everyone making lots of lists but being of A5 size it is easily refillable.
I simply used filofax a5 paper inserts when I ran out, and also bought a5-sized punched pockets to hold receipts etc.
Recommended!

Twinkle Twinkle- Special romantic Light Up Valentines Card - Love you - TT001
Twinkle Twinkle- Special romantic Light Up Valentines Card - Love you - TT001
Offered by Tranquil Space Designs

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great find, 13 Feb. 2014
I was looking for something a bit different for a valentine's card and this product appeared on the 'search' results.
It arrived quickly after ordering and was well packaged for protection.
The seller included a free card too and labels that come with the products I ordered assured me that they were inspected prior to despatch.
These are a unique and great find, and am very pleased I bought one for valentine's day and one for a birthday!
I recommend these cards to anyone looking for a special card for that special someone!

Money, a Love Story: Untangle Your Financial Woes And Create The Life You Really Want
by Kate Northrup

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as expected!, 11 Sept. 2013
I bought this book, having read an article whereby a British female journalist met with and tried to implement the advice given by the author, Kate Northrup. I should have really just stuck to the tips provided in the article, rather than buy the book, which has turned out to be a waste of my money!
First of all, the author is an American so her advice is very 'lovey-dovey' and saddled with spirituality. This is all very well for a US audience who responds to encouragement from someone who considers herself to have been 'through financial hardship' but further reading of this book proves otherwise.
Which leads me onto my second point. The author cannot claim to have gone through financial hardship, when all she has done has spent $20k of her money on luxurious living, when she is able to live with her parents who both work and own their own home, which she is then able to live in rent free for a time while she sorts herself out.
My third point demonstrates how unrealistic this woman's financial advice is. At one point during the book, she tell us to invest in a beautiful, luxurious looking handbag in order to focus our minds on financial freedom. ?!? is all I can say to that.

This may not be the author's fault, however. Her book is clearly aimed at the US audience, not the British who are having to pull their purse strings every day in order to survive our current government's ridiculously unfair policies, aimed at disabling the working classes even further. But I digress. My review is not meant to be political. I do think it is pointless advertising this book in the UK as a guide to financial freedom.

Buy Merryn Somerset Webb's 'Love is not enough' instead and refer to the 'Money Saving Expert' website whenever you like for more realistic financial advice.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 7, 2014 11:05 AM BST

Paris Street Style: A Guide to Effortless Chic
Paris Street Style: A Guide to Effortless Chic
by Isabelle Thomas

2.0 out of 5 stars Snobbish and offputting, 27 Aug. 2013
I don't usually leave negative reviews on my purchases but for this book I will make an exception.
I love the notion of Parisian fashion, retiring in a cottage in Provence, the whole french lifestyle etc, so collect books that effectively fuel this French fire.
I loved reading 'Parisian Chic' by Ines de la Fressange, and 'Two Lipsticks and a Lover' by Helen Frith-Powell, so when I came across this book in Urban Outfitters I gave it a quick flick-through and bought it for much cheaper on amazon.
Upon the initial flick-through, I got the vibe of a street photographer/blog vibe, interspersed with what looked like advice on looking 'Parisian', ergo, chic.
However, once I finally got the book at home and read it more thoroughly I can see that this book does not continue in the same friendly, helpful or motivating veins as Ines' or Helen's books.

There are tips, sure, yet the authors of this book do a number of negative things effectively turns this book into a magazine made by French women who like to talk about themselves and their friends.

The first is the obvious endorsement of the brands/styles/blogs of their friends. 'Vouelle' shoes? Never heard of them? You have now! And this is what the owner of Vouelle shoes looks like! And this is what she likes to wear every day! With her Vouelle shoes of course! Here is an excerpt from a chic girl's blog (replete with heavy eyebrows and moody look blatantly copied from Amy Winehouse)! This is what she wears! And thinks!

The second is the blatant snobbery running through this book. I know that snobbery is integral to the French way of living, but the tips you get here indicate that you can buy vintage but ONLY if it is of a designer label.
To buy from the high street, it seems, is sacrilege, unless you ponce it up with bright yellow designer leggings.

The third is the arrogance you sense from the authors. Parisian women like to look bourgeois, but don't scream about it. What the heck is this book about then?! Every item that every woman is wearing in this book is labelled!
They describe Parisian women as 'innately stylish'. You will note from the many photographs (of their friends and working associates) that they also believe that Parisian women should be innately thin, and innately rich, as they saunter down the streets of Paris resplendent with moody pose and cigarette smoke.

The book is loathsome. Which became tiresome.
This is genuinely a book for French fashion victims. Its about time someone defended the 'eccentric English' and our high street!

Clay Charms (Klutz)
Clay Charms (Klutz)
by April Chorba
Edition: Toy

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for beginners of all ages!, 21 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Clay Charms (Klutz) (Toy)
Although this pack looks aimed at children, I can assure you I had a lot of fun learning how to make clay charms!
The pack comes complete with a how-to book, a rainbow assortment of clay blocks, a plastic cutting/shaping tool, a small bottle of glaze as well as silver-coloured jumprings, headpins and charm bracelet for you to attach the baked charms to. I found the book extremely easy to follow, complete with basic instructions on how to condition, shape and mould charms in a variety of shapes. I was particularly attracted to the 'baking goods' section, which included doughnuts, cookies, ice cream cones and marshmallows, but the book also has great instructions on how to make animals such as hamsters, rabbits, fish and lizards! The clay blocks were of excellent quality for the variety and price point, they were easy to work with and the colours are very vivid for each block. The plastic tool was good for a basic job, as were the silver-coloured jewellery components. Although the clay and tools are not of professional quality (I am going to invest in some shaping tools as well as Fimo now) this pack provides a fun and useful introduction to making clay charms. Recommended!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4