Profile for Erica > Reviews

BenQ GW2450HM 24-inch Full HD LED Monitor
Offered by PreisCompany
Price: 169.32

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good monitor for a very reasonable price, 25 Feb 2014
I decided to award the monitor 4 out of 5 stars, don't get me wrong it's a decent monitor and I'm very pleased with it, considering it only costs 120, it's a steal. Overall the design is rather basic, nothing to write home about, but it does the job and looks ok sitting on a computer table. To be honest I'm more interested in function over design, so it's 'basic' glossy, black plastic looks are fine with me. The menu, volume and power switch are on the side of the monitor and they are slightly misaligned from the their bezel labels. This can be a bit annoying, but it's not a deal breaker. The on screen display is a little slow and unresponsive, but again, this wasn't an issue once I had the monitor calibrated to my liking. I decided to install the 'Normal' ICC profile from the following website [...]. I must say, it looks top notch when compared the the very bright 'out of box' settings. Some people might find this ICC profile calibration might make the display look a little bit dark, but I'd recommend giving it a go and view some monitor calibration images (google) to see that it really does work.

To set-up the monitor, the stand simply slots in place over the base, this locks in place and is then inserted into the monitor panel. I found the tilt-function was far too slack. The monitor was tilted to the desired angle, but it just 'flopped' towards the computer table. I noticed that the 2 bolts which connect the metal tilt function to the stand were a little bit loose, I dismantled the base, removed the tilt plate (3 screws to remove) and I tightened the bolts. Once reassembled, the flappy tilt function was fixed. I was going to return the monitor, but it's an easy fix to save the hassle of returning a large item.

I currently have the monitor connected to my PC via DVI (running windows 7) everything looks rather nice and clear, I've also been using the monitor with a PS3 and an Xbox 360 (via HDMI) and I'm very impressed, looks good and the in-built speakers are surprisingly better than I anticipated.

If you're after a decent monitor, with plenty of connections, good display and value for money, you can't go wrong with the BenQ

Toffee the Pony - Interactive Emotion Pet
Toffee the Pony - Interactive Emotion Pet
Price: 57.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Very limited for price, 6 Sep 2013
I bought this for my little cousins 7th birthday as she is horse mad at the moment.

She did initially love this toy but it does seem very limited features for the price, I am please that it was reduced.

And now its forgotten in the back of a wardrobe...

Premier Housewares Hip Flask - 8 oz  - Stainless Steel
Premier Housewares Hip Flask - 8 oz - Stainless Steel
Offered by Tiny Deal
Price: 2.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Price for huge flask, 6 Sep 2013
Great size product, can fit loads of vodka in for a cheaper night out!

Also easy to clean and fits in most decent size handbags quite easily

Johnson Dreamy Skin Gift Pack
Johnson Dreamy Skin Gift Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! Heaven, 6 Sep 2013
Great product, lovely scent.

Love the moisturiser and face cream, it does make a difference on a night for falling asleep easier

Comfort padded STRAP Bra - 3 Pack - with removable padding - 3 Pack White, Nude & Black (XX LARGE)
Offered by clubcorsets
Price: 24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars OK, but padding bits move around all the time!, 6 Sep 2013
They are very comfortable but the triangle padding bits move around all the time and I feel I am forever having to slip my arms out and reposition the padding.

But other than that a very comfortable bra, would recommend for "times of the month tenderness" or early pregancy

Proden PlaqueOff - A Natural Supplement to Reduce Plaque in Cats and Dogs 60g
Proden PlaqueOff - A Natural Supplement to Reduce Plaque in Cats and Dogs 60g
Offered by Mr Pets
Price: 9.80

5.0 out of 5 stars It really works!, 21 Jun 2012
I am normally a bit sceptical about products like this, thinking is it a bit of a con? Not at all, I have been using it on my cats since October 2011 and have seen a dramatic improvement on the amount of plaque on their teeth. Also it improves their breath to a certain extent!
One of my cats is really fussy about food and she has gotten used to the taste and is eating her food as normal even with the supplement mixed in.
I can only hope it will stop them having dental problems in the future so I think its definitely worth a try!

Felix Sensations Meaty Steaklets 12 x 100 g (Pack of 4, Total 48 Pouches)
Felix Sensations Meaty Steaklets 12 x 100 g (Pack of 4, Total 48 Pouches)
Offered by Purely Pet Supplies
Price: 32.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My cats love Felix!, 20 Jan 2011
My two fussy cats love this variety of Felix cat food! I have tried them with almost every type but they get sick of them all eventually, but not Felix Sensations!

Clean bowls every day and enough variety in the Meat and Fish to have a different one every day of the week.

Great product, highly recommended.